Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

is this game dying the final death?

its been 2 months already since previous hero release - imperius - and there isnt even any announcement of a new one
    we know blizzard has gave up on hots esport but to slack up on new hero development is totally unacceptable compared to LoL
    with pro scene or not players want new heroes to play with or the game stagnates and becomes boring. that is the standard and blizz cant keep up
    should i give up on it as well and move on to other games?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like you are bored with the game, and it's unclear if you are having fun with it or not. So yeah, naturally you should give up on it and move on to other games.

Which has nothing to do with the game "dying the final death" - they made it pretty clear that the game will have less patches and less new content, but it's not stopping. And the game won't vanish from your library.

10+ Year Old Account
    anduin got leaked so i guess we know he 's on his way...

...into THE NEXUS

This game is dying since long time espesially because of ranked. Hots is experieving same problem since very long time - huge skill difference between players on same rank. They even made it worse after allowing quick match mmr to coppy into ranked so people jumped from gold to master 1k points. On top of that quick match matchmaking problems

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep is dying, look on twitter how big hots dev team is. It is laughable by Blizzard. "Standards"

10+ Year Old Account
    a moba or pretty much any pvp game lives and dies by its esports, and hots not just lost its essports, it was major news everywhere, u have articles that will make any new player think 1000 time before try to play hots instead of lol or dota (even if hots is best imo, average 20min game instead of 20 min farm start)
    i don't see any new hero coming to hots in 2 years max, heck i except the game to sadly ends in a year
    tldr : they won't release new heroes as they used to at all, in fact expect 3 heroes a year - same as overwatch - top
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Yep is dying, look on twitter how big hots dev team is. It is laughable by Blizzard. "Standards"
    The only laughable things I see around here are your posts about how dying hots is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    The only laughable things I see around here are your posts about how dying hots is.
    And your positive attiude that game is fine as well.

If anything is gonna kill the game it's the people endlessly repeating their "dead game"-mantra to everyone and their dog until most of them believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep live in ilusion then. Your choice.

Blizzard has THE worst ex-fanboys who's whole life now revolves around the fact the company didn't fold up and die when they left or stopped playing their games.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    a moba or pretty much any pvp game lives and dies by its esports
    Where did you ever get this ridiculous and incorrect assumption lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    so u see it a positive thing that they reduce the working team on a game by 1/3, a sign of 'prosper' not dying?
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Where did you ever get this ridiculous and incorrect assumption lol.
    many older mobas? I didn't play HoN but i have a friend who did, I played demigod myself and even tried that fun moba where u share gold as entire team (can't remember name sadly, even if it was recent, that's how fast that game died...), so yes i talk from experience
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

many older mobas? I didn't play HoN but i have a friend who did, I played demigod myself and even tried that fun moba where u share gold as entire team (can't remember name sadly, even if it was recent, that's how fast that game died...), so yes i talk from experience
    You don't talk from anything, because you're wrong. Mobas do not "live or die" on their esports, nor does any other game.

Big games have big esports because they were big games first. LoL didn't even have developed esports for a couple of years, and it was a massive success on the get-go. You're finding false equivalencies to come to your conclusion. You're deciding that because a MOBA failed, it failed because it didn't have esports; but the truth is rather that it didn't have esports because it failed.

"Esports" have little to do with how successful a game is. If the game is a success, it can have successful esports but an unsuccessful game is very rarely going to develop even grass roots esports.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Blizzard has THE worst ex-fanboys who's whole life now revolves around the fact the company didn't fold up and die when they left or stopped playing their games.
    I never was Blizz fan boy, assumption is false.

No, I mean for christ sakes the game already have a roster of 85 characters so its not like it is actually lacking in that department.

The AMA was good. They are evaluating how to support indepent tournaments.

10+ Year Old Account
    so u see it a positive thing that they reduce the working team on a game by 1/3, a sign of 'prosper' not dying?

dota was so popular as an esport before dota 2 amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I mean did you see their most recent picture of the "team"? They have like a 12 person team now....
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    its been 2 months already since previous hero release - imperius - and there isnt even any announcement of a new one
    we know blizzard has gave up on hots esport but to slack up on new hero development is totally unacceptable compared to LoL
    with pro scene or not players want new heroes to play with or the game stagnates and becomes boring. that is the standard and blizz cant keep up
    should i give up on it as well and move on to other games?
    I mean, they said back when they announced the cutting of the esports league and what not that development was going to slow down. I don't know why you were expecting anything different...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.