Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Any law derived from religion is guaranteed to by shit my dude. Adding more names to it and trying to explain it doesn't make it better.
    Western civilization is based off judeo christian beliefs so it works just fine....as long as the religion isn't islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    Does sharia law allow men and women to be equal? The answer is no? Well there you go the question starts and stops right there....
    I always struggled to understand what edgelords dislike so much about Islam, considering that ISIS have pretty much the same views on women role in society than the average PUA. Of course, ISIS is ''evil'' because they want women in burqahs instead of cosplay costumes….

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Any law derived from religion is guaranteed to by shit my dude. Adding more names to it and trying to explain it doesn't make it better.
    Yes, who need dictionary level knowledge of religion before lambasting it as evil

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I always struggled to understand what edgelords dislike so much about Islam, considering that ISIS have pretty much the same views on women role in society than the average PUA. Of course, ISIS is ''evil'' because they want women in burqahs instead of cosplay costumes….

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, who need dictionary level knowledge of religion before lambasting it as evil
    Sex with children if you must know... they like them young.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dethxx View Post
    Does sharia law allow men and women to be equal? The answer is no? Well there you go the question starts and stops right there....
    Depends. If you follow the wahabi or salafist laws then nope not compatible in the slightest.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    Depends. If you follow the wahabi or salafist laws then nope not compatible in the slightest.
    For a mysterious and inexplicable reasons, the war on mus....terror….involve bombing countries that are relatively liberal and protect the country that peddles abroad hardline fundamentalism.

For a mysterious and inexplicable reasons, the war on mus....terror….involve bombing countries that are relatively liberal and protect the country that peddles abroad hardline fundamentalism.
    Well the war on terror was simply to destabilize isreals enemies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh what can you do. Most ppl don't or can't travel. Anything that's different to them antagonises them. Thankfully there is a complex of people who view the world without bias and actwlly research or travel to form opinions.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Weren't we forced to live under this under the Obama administration? Not that bad imo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Najnaj View Post
    Given that most religious law from the bible would fall under the umbrella term "illegal" I would say that this is not correct. If you follow everything the bible tells you to do you will end up in jail for life.
    Yeah the argument that law is already framed around religion is a correct one, the context and how that relates to now is that over the years much or almost all of the puritan type laws have been peeled back or overturned should they conflict the rights of others.

So in terms of Sharia Law I get the argument could be made of a double standard, however the problem is in the U.S unlike almost every other country our foundation is based on what I said.

Sharia law is a religious rite, as such all of it's interpretations do not apply to everyone, thus it isn't incumbent on everyone to abide by or create law to enforce that. And we don't have separate common law for one and not another at least without some clear reasons for the difference.

Bottom line, will our laws be influenced by culture as they always have been? Yes, as they should be.

But should there be a different set of laws for different people? Fuck NO

i don't give a shit if you want women to to wear everything and cover up or you want them to walk around stark naked. The choice should be up to them provided they are of no threat to anyone else in terms of health.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I think you're confusing what would be deemed the laws of man, and the view was that men are fallible, hence laws made by man in the name of the church were also fallible. Throughout history, people have abused such things, claiming to be the religious/moral authority when they were just a fallible person. When it comes to Western societies, the 10 commandments is a good place to start, because half of them are used as a basis of morality in such societies. While some people who say "Well, duh, things not killing, not lying, etc. are moral!", in many societies such things were not deemed immoral and actually considered signs of weakness, some societies were just plain amoral.
    The number would be 2-3 of 10 and no, it has nothing to do with the 10 commandments. This is that point where basic human decency coincides with religion. Don't kill, steal or lie basically and the lying is sometimes OK. We do not have a single culture on the planet, regardless of religion, who thinks that killing and stealing is a good thing to do.

..and of course they are "abused" by man. They are entirely created and maintained by man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonsse View Post
    Except in Islam the Quran is the absolute word of God. So any wisdom derived from it is considered absolute truth and can not be questioned.
    The major countries that have "Sharia Law" don't apply the Quran as specifically law. The only time we ever have a real issue with Sharia Law is when it's used as the excuse for mob violence... or anything SA or Iran does. But lets not forget SA is a monarchy that is set in ancient traditions... which every monarchy/dictatorship has laws that appalls people and Iran is very specifically a religion run government. NK death by anti aircraft gun or dogs because Kim's uncle criticized Kim's choices isn't Sharia Law.

Sharia Law is really no different to how the west has operated for a thousand years. I think people are just bothered because deep down even if they call themselves atheist, it's not their religion

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    As the title states. Is Sharia law compatible with western society?
    No, it is not. It's not a law that humans can live by.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GnomeWarlock View Post
    I can't see Sharia Law fitting into America as a standard.
    How about the other dozen of countries in the west? You are aware that America is not the only country in the world right?

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    As the title states. Is Sharia law compatible with western society?
    lol fuck no.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    *Conveniently ignoring the much less glamorous social aspects such as the condition of women*
    First university in the world was funded by a muslim woman 850 AD. The muslim world had women leaders since their existence and much more.
    Barely 60 years ago women were not even considered as equal to men, they had no right to vote, they barely started to go to school and even today they aren't fairly present in the government.
    Muslim world is centuries ahead with respect to women. Don't assume that the corrupted country Saudi Arabia that has been led by dictators is the norm. Today the meaning of equality clashes with muslim's view. They believe in equality while maintaining gender identity. In the west, they are spreading that bullshit that to be a "strong woman" you need to dress like a "slut". Which is extreme bullshit and has nothing with being strong.

either you're stupid/naive or your a troll to even ask such a question

sharia is not compatible with the modern era let alone western civilization and it should be aggressively wiped off the face of the fucking planet as well as islam in general
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

All about interpretation. A lot of what you hear about it, most say isn't Sharia.

Islam has the big problem in that it never had a central authority running it it for centuries that Christianity has had.

No, and it will never be. Go back to boomtown

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    First university in the world was funded by a muslim woman 850 AD.
    The first one was the Akademia founded in Greece more than 1000s year before that!
    The Pandidakterion in ancient Constantinople was in 425AD
    There were many others in between

If a university is defined as "an institution of higher learning" then it is preceded by several others, including the Academy that it was founded to compete with and eventually replaced. If the original meaning of the word is considered "a corporation of students" then this (the Pandidakterion) could be the first example of such an institution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancien...ions#Hellenism

There are more really. Many more. way before 850AD
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    All about interpretation. A lot of what you hear about it, most say isn't Sharia.

Islam has the big problem in that it never had a central authority running it it for centuries that Christianity has had.
    What exactly do you think a caliphate is?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    What kind of question is this...
    It's a bait question.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.