Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Yeah what a load of unsubstantiated bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Western LAW does ... that individuals acts morally or legally wrong is a different issue.
    I substantiated my statement a couple of posts later. Go find it.

Sharia literally translates to "The Law of the Land."

If you follow the Constitution, you are practicing Sharia in the United States. Surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Another bait thread from the game, slow day?
    This is an astute observation.

I beg you to go see on Women's Day thread the kind of people who pretend here to be deeply concerned by treatment of women by Arabs. It's quite revealing.

Short of that, in a calm and constructive manner, what amaze me to the end of the world is the utter incapacity of edgelords to, shall we say, go beyond ten years level argumentation such as ''they are bad guys''.

Someone linked a post on the Shariah in Maldives. If you go beyond ''MUSLIM EVIL, MUSLIM BAD GUY, MUSLIM HATE FREEDOM'', what the article says ? That they want shariah in the perspective of a tough on crime policy. (Crime does involve, for pious Muslims, drinking alcool...which is really that worse than sending people to the slammer for buying marijuana ?). Look at yourself and say ''Geez, those Moslems are really evil for wanting to execute drug dealers. I never, ever, tried to look tough online by suggesting something like that and I don't approve similar policies in the USA, at all''

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    It's very close to what "good Christians" would be doing if they actually knew and wholeheartedly believed what was in their own book. The Old Testament is pretty fucking gruesome if you ever read it.
    To be fair, not every "Christian" group heed the old testament, but there are also some Christian groups that heed only the old testament (don't include the new testament as part of the bible)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    To be fair, not every "Christian" group heed the old testament, but there are also some Christian groups that heed only the old testament (don't include the new testament as part of the bible)
    I don't doubt this is true, but this would truly reach new abysses of idiocy therein.

(You are supposed as a Christian to follow the teaching of a mysterious individual, whose name is cleverly hidden in CHRISTian)

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    As the title states. Is Sharia law compatible with western society?
    How can u even ask this question?
    Do you realize how they live in the middle east? they are still stuck in the 1500's

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Those dont look photoshopped at all
    Sorry to burst your bubble kiddo...

Is the poster who made this GOTCHA picture vaguely aware of the Maldives and the dubiousness of the ''democracy'' there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    How is this religious discussion still ongoing?
    Maybe more of a discussion of systems of law than a religious one?

Sharia law isn't compatible with human rights, freedom of thought, women's rights and banking.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    Kind of hard to not heed the old testament with the whole ten commandment thing isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Is the poster who made this GOTCHA picture vaguely aware of the Maldives and the dubiousness of the ''democracy'' there ?
    Ah so first it's fake and now they were forced to do this?
    You keep believing in fairytales, defending radical islam and sharia law.
    There's no arguing against this level of stupidity. You keep making yourself look ridiculous. It's right here for everbody to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Kind of hard to not heed the old testament with the whole ten commandment thing isn't it?
    Hey don't ask me

Though i think that they don't completely ignore it, just that they take the basics of it and take the rest as a grain of salt (I think the new testament was supposed to be "a new page for christianity" or something along those lines)

Why not ask the GOP, who are busy trying to legislate conservative christian scripture interpretation into law.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble kiddo...

ADD VIDEO HERE!
    Is just me or the title "Islam will dominate the world" does not talk much about peace

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    That's some solid bait
    did you see the thread about the birmingham school?

they chose them over us.

Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    Ah so first it's fake and now they were forced to do this?
    You keep believing in fairytales, defending radical islam and sharia law.
    There's no arguing against this level of stupidity. You keep making yourself look ridiculous. It's right here for everbody to see.
    Who said it was fake ? Me ? I said that oddly enough, the article shown ''THOSE BAD GUYS MOSLEMS'' wanted sharia to be ''tough on crime''. Do you ever heard that argument ?

And I know, I know : any policy that does not boil down to ''TAKE BIG GUNS AND SHOOT RANDOM MUSLIMS IN THE HEAD'' is ''defending islam''. Inexplicably, Americans have been non stop doing it since 2001, and it have not worked-I know you are way too woke and way too intelligent to understand that BAD GUYS MOSLEMS don't like to be freedomized at gunpoint and being bombed.

Especially as you know, you keep attacking secular regimes and do the biddings of the numero uno promoter of Wahabist shariah.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-03-08 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    The first one was the Akademia founded in Greece more than 1000s year before that!
    The Pandidakterion in ancient Constantinople was in 425AD
    There were many others in between

If a university is defined as "an institution of higher learning" then it is preceded by several others, including the Academy that it was founded to compete with and eventually replaced. If the original meaning of the word is considered "a corporation of students" then this (the Pandidakterion) could be the first example of such an institution

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancien...ions#Hellenism

There are more really. Many more. way before 850AD
    No, I'm talking about universities not school were they teach you to bow to men and to cook for men. There is no accomplishment in that. University is were you push science and learn to do the most complex things in the society. They had a woman who was in charge of it.
    Look how big that it, she assembled geniuses as professors to work under her. Be in charge of the comity who decides what should be taught and much more. People who got a degree from her institution were seen as the elites of the society.
    The fact that all of it was possible shows that women were perceived as capable as men. Otherwise people would have never recognized her institution and professors would have never thought of working under something created by a woman.
    Women have also had powerful leading roles in other domain for centuries in the muslim and indian world. People wake up in the morning and they read in the news that 4 indians raped a girl in a village and then they start assuming their whole country and history is as such..

Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    No, I'm talking about universities not school were they teach you to bow to men and to cook for men. There is no accomplishment in that. University is were you push science and learn to do the most complex things in the society. They had a woman who was in charge of it.
    Look how big that it, she assembled geniuses as professors to work under her. Be in charge of the comity who decides what should be taught and much more. People who got a degree from her institution were seen as the elites of the society.
    The fact that all of it was possible shows that women were perceived as capable as men. Otherwise people would have never recognized her institution and professors would have never thought of working under something created by a woman.
    Women have also had powerful leading roles in other domain for centuries in the muslim and indian world. People wake up in the morning and they read in the news that 4 indians raped a girl in a village and then they start assuming their whole country and history is as such..
    You read too many fake news.
    If a university is defined as "an institution of higher learning" then the first one was the Academy
    If the original meaning of the word is considered "a corporation of students" then the first one is the Pandidakterion
    Both hundreds and hundred of years before. And many many others in between.
    I linked the source. read some facts
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

Anything designed to keep women down is bad for humanity.