Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 79 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Eh to be fair, Wonder Woman wasnt that great a movie, imo, but Gal Gadot > Brie Larson in every way imaginable. First Super hero female led movie. Of course critics are going to lap it up, especially all of the female critics. There is also Brie trying to be inclusive which caused an uproar in the insecure lol. The controversy didn't help much either.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m sure there are some people fucking with the audience score for Captain Marvel but the wide range between ratings is interesting. Especially between all and top Critics. That seems pretty telling imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Spoiler alert: it won't.
    Not meeting expectations would be considered a flop as well. I don't think there's anything to worry about. There are far too many clones and drones out there badly mimicking the lives of human beings. They'll pay for anything if it has the right picture on it. Look at WoW. It's a perfect example. I'll likely see the movie at some point, but I damn sure am not paying money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I’m sure there are some people fucking with the audience score for Captain Marvel but the wide range between ratings is interesting. Especially between all and top Critics. That seems pretty telling imo.
    I agree the Top Critic one has me a little puzzled. Mostly I'd like to know how you become a 'top critic' to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Eh to be fair, Wonder Woman wasnt that great a movie, imo, but Gal Gadot > Brie Larson in every way imaginable. First Super hero female led movie. Of course critics are going to lap it up, especially all of the female critics. There is also Brie trying to be inclusive which caused an uproar in the insecure lol. The controversy didn't help much either.

- - - Updated - - -

People still pirate shit in 2019? Damn must suck to not have loots. That shit was cool to do in college. Now it would just be sad.
    WW was a great movie and Gal Gadot is a fucking boss. That chick doesn't fuck around. Brie Larson is a hack wannabe activist.

As for pirating, when you can get any movie, tv series etc on a private server in glorious HD, why would I not pirate?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Because it has a mixed reception. Even Vice gave a critical review of it.

VICE!!!

Was anyone expecting this to not get audience bombed? More importantly, why would anyone expect anyone to take the audience score seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Was anyone expecting this to not get audience bombed? More importantly, why would anyone expect anyone to take the audience score seriously?
    I'm curious why people take any critic seriously tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Not even top 10. Yes, I greatly disliked Ragnarok. You know why? Because in a 2 hour movie, I got 5 minutes of Ragnarok, and the rest was Thors and Banners Merry adventure. They wasted Karl Urban, so that Hela has someone to monologue and exposition to, they wasted Hulk, who deserves his own movie, as a sidestory in Thors third movie. The entire thing was just all over the place. They should have scrapped everything about Hulk and Jeff Goldblums character and instead show us how Helya and Odin conquered the universe, show us how the Valkyries failed to stop her. Show, don't tell. Instead, we got minutes of squabbling over who's the strongest Avenger, and nude Hulk walking around being Hulk, and a pointless Gladiator fight we knew would lead to nothing, and so on. Ragnarok is right down there with Age of Ultron and Iron Man 3 for pointless movies. The only thing it did was serve as a causeway to get Loki, Thor and Hulk in front of Thanos. The entire movie has been completly made obsolete in Infinity War, just as Iron Man 2 has been made obsolete by Iron Man 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    He's not trolling, he's right. Ragnarok is okay. If you like dumb bro-Thor and a really, really weak pseudo-Planet Hulk I suppose it's really good, but I don't, and never will, and that takes a lot of enjoyment out of the movie for me. As for easily in top 5, let's see, Winter Soldier, Avengers, Civil War, Infinity War, GotG...that's 5 better right there.
    finally, I'm not the only one who didn't like Ragnarok.

I wonder what those in Scandinavia think about their own apocalypse turned into parody.

the movie did make me laugh though.

Not sure why anyone had a expectation that this was going to be a masterpiece? Most Marvel movies get mixed reviews especially from critics. The fact that it has a mixed score means it’s probably everything you like about your average run of the mill good but not great Marvel film. A mixed score does not mean anything is wrong with this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    I'm curious why people take any critic seriously tbh.
    I agree with this.

I just think the whole incel, sexist, misogynist argument dies when you look at Wonder Woman. Its not because they hate women. That’s just the easy excuse to make for the media that will generate plenty of clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

I wonder what those in Scandinavia think about their own apocalypse turned into parody.

I'd like to add that I thought all actors in Ragnarok nailed their characters, the CGI was great, and the costumes and sets aswell. It just didn't work as what it was advertized, not for me. It's like getting teasers and trailers for an SUV, and instead, getting a Ferrari. Ferrari's are great for some things, but I was kind of promised a SUV. Go back 10 years and tell people 'Thor: Ragnarok' is going to be a Buddy Cop movie with Thor and Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post

Eh. I thought it was alright. I just understood it wasn't going to be the biggest thing between a Ragnarok that takes forever to occur and serious moment SLAPSTICK serious moment comedy approach that can kill tension.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    And it’s apparent that the audience score is stuffed with trolls. See IW total reviews vs CM.
    IW vs CM? 10/char
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

I just started to realize what tremendous continutiy errors this movie creates, and how much of a dick it makes Nick Fury.

So, he loses his eye to the 'cat', Goose. In Winter Solder he told us 'the last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Okay, so... he trusted the cat...? Oh well. Maybe he didn't really lose the eye.

In 'Avengers' he tells us that Thors grudge match in New Mexico showed them that they were terribly outgunned. Not ready for whats out there. But he knew from the 90es on! He knew what was out there for over a decade at that point. And not only didn't he prepare, but also, he didn't tell anyone? Create scenarios, tell SHIELD Agents what was possibly coming? Push the 'World Council' towards maybe developing better weapons? Or Stark Industries? "You know, Stark, you're a narcisistic asshole, but there are these kind of bad guys, the Kree, and they have space ships, and super powered warriors, and we have this here infinite energy thing that the Nazis and your father experimented with, so, build us a global defense perimeter, pretty please? The fuck was he waiting for this whole time?

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    The Bad: It's not nearly as good or fun as Wonder Woman.
    The Good: Captain America 1 is no longer my least favorite Marvel movie!
    WW was good, then completely ran out of steam in the third act. i would watch captain marvel over wonder woman any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    IW vs CM? 10/char
    Infinity War and Captain Marvel have a similar number of audience reviews, around 55k, the latter only being out for 3 days by now. It's a bit weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    WW was good, then completely ran out of steam in the third act. i would watch captain marvel over wonder woman any day of the week.
    Because it doesn't have any steam to begin with? I get that. Some people enjoy a quiet life.

I just started to realize what tremendous continutiy errors this movie creates, and how much of a dick it makes Nick Fury.

So, he loses his eye to the 'cat', Goose. In Winter Solder he told us 'the last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye. Okay, so... he trusted the cat...? Oh well. Maybe he didn't really lose the eye.

In 'Avengers' he tells us that Thors grudge match in New Mexico showed them that they were terribly outgunned. Not ready for whats out there. But he knew from the 90es on! He knew what was out there for over a decade at that point. And not only didn't he prepare, but also, he didn't tell anyone? Create scenarios, tell SHIELD Agents what was possibly coming? Push the 'World Council' towards maybe developing better weapons? Or Stark Industries? "You know, Stark, you're a narcisistic asshole, but there are these kind of bad guys, the Kree, and they have space ships, and super powered warriors, and we have this here infinite energy thing that the Nazis and your father experimented with, so, build us a global defense perimeter, pretty please? The fuck was he waiting for this whole time?
    ill admit the eye thing was silly, but you are taking this way too seriously. they are comic book movies, not game of thrones. just have fun with it. you think the comic books never had continuity errors? kek

I'd like to add that I thought all actors in Ragnarok nailed their characters, the CGI was great, and the costumes and sets aswell. It just didn't work as what it was advertized, not for me. It's like getting teasers and trailers for an SUV, and instead, getting a Ferrari. Ferrari's are great for some things, but I was kind of promised a SUV. Go back 10 years and tell people 'Thor: Ragnarok' is going to be a Buddy Cop movie with Thor and Hulk.
    yeah, the actors did a good job.

especially Chris being a dork.

other than that, I was disgusted, especially by Fenris and Odin /facepalm

this video summed up my thoughts on it although it did make me laugh.

as for CM, I will watch it tomorrow and expect it to be average.

Welcome to what happens when you have to awkwardly tetris in a movie that happens before most of the other movies happened. They should have just had her appear out of nowhere instead of giving a history several people had to pretend never happened because it wasn't written yet.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    ill admit the eye thing was silly, but you are taking this way too seriously. they are comic book movies, not game of thrones. just have fun with it. you think the comic books never had continuity errors? kek
    I'm very sorry that I'm used to my stories making sense. I don't read Comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    WW was a great movie and Gal Gadot is a fucking boss. That chick doesn't fuck around. Brie Larson is a hack wannabe activist.

As for pirating, when you can get any movie, tv series etc on a private server in glorious HD, why would I not pirate?

- - - Updated - - -

VICE!!!
    You pretty much proved my point with the "hack wannabe activist" part. People let things outside of movies shade their opinion of said movie.

As for the pirating, if you are that broke to where you need to pirate, more power to ya. Do what you need to do lol.