Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Okay, but at that point you've made a choice to not participate and that's hardly Blizzard's fault. You can't complain you're hungry when there's a plate of food in front of you and your only excuse for not eating it is "Well I don't like what's on that plate." Pretty sure most people would tell you to starve then.
    You're comparing starving to death to playing a video game. Big difference.

Alternatively if you don't like a restaurants food, then (eventually) you'll either find another restaurant to eat at or you'll continue eating that same food because they are the only restaurant in a 20 mile radius but striving the chefs to change the way they cook(by complaining or constructive criticism AKA MMO-C/WoW forum discussion)

No one is complaining about the quantity of content, all the complaints are the quality of it. Whether you agree or disagree over the quality is your own opinion and I don't feel the need to argue with you specifically over it. I'm just pointing it out that quantity is not the real complaint here.
    Last edited by Poe; 2019-03-08 at 04:24 PM.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    You're comparing starving to death to playing a video game. Big difference.

Alternatively if you don't like a restaurants food, then (eventually) you'll either find another restaurant to eat at or you'll continue eating that same food because they are the only restaurant in a 20 mile radius but striving the chefs to change the way they cook(by complaining or constructive criticism AKA MMO-C/WoW forum discussion)

No one is complaining about the quantity of content, all the complaints are the quality of it. Whether you agree or disagree over the quality is your own opinion and I don't feel the need to argue with you specifically over it. I'm just pointing it out that quantity is not the real complaint here.
    I mean you can't call WoW "the only restaurant within a 20 mile radius" there's plenty of other games. You've also got to consider that the armchair devs in this community are plenty, and often plenty stupid. While constructive criticism is helpful, there's a flood of just garbage comments and complaints. Like trying to give a chef criticism about his food when you can barely cook a hot dog. Get real. Also, you can't tell the restaurant is making bad food when a ton of the other customers are enjoying it and/or some are telling the chef he did a good job.

Also comparing WoW to being hungry isn't that different, my analogy is solid there I think. (Hell they call it a content drought, which implies dying of thirst, no?)

Here's another analogy for you. World of Warcraft is basically a Chinese Buffet Restaurant. The buffet is there to cater to as many people as possible and contains things that some people like and some things they dislike. That's the idea with WoW (or any MMO for that matter).

So, you get up and grab a plate (and I'll use myself as an example) I will go grab several Raid Chicken Balls and put a bunch of Sweet & Sour Mythic difficulty sauce on it. Then I'll grab a nice spoonful of Mythic+ Fried Rice, maybe an Island Expedition Egg Roll, some Hong Kong World Quest Wings and Wonton transmog run soup. That's my plate, yours is likely different, and that's fine; I'm not a fan of the Kung Pao Arena Chicken, or the Rated BG Shrimp. Someone else will eat them though, so you still keep it stocked in the buffet tables.

The problem with people "crying no content" isn't that the World of Warcraft Buffet is empty. The problem is that you decided to go to a Chinese Buffet (and maybe you didn't realize it until you got there), but perhaps you don't actually like Chinese food? That's also fine, but don't complain there's nothing there. Go to another restaurant (aka unsub and find a game you like to play).

Hope that analogy made sense to you guys lol.

-edit-

I'm also now curious what kind of chinese WoW food you guys like too, hahaha
    Last edited by xxcloud417xx; 2019-03-08 at 04:36 PM.

The no content crowd are essentially the anti-vaxxers/creationists/climate change deniers of WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Meh, it's still cheap. You can just sub for a month every three months or so if money is an issue I guess.
    Yep mythic guilds LOVE people that just come and go month here or month there!

Anyway.. this content doesn't really matter to me because the base game itself has been stripped to the bone and all they are doing is putting bandaids with "timewalking" and a couple bosses in brawlers guild that no one really cares about. As long as my class plays like shit and the story keeps me angry at the developers nothing they do will make me happy. War campaign isn't content for me because the story of it itself is garbage and I don't want to do it. Man I am so excited to help Anduin's pet cow betray the Horde!
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-03-08 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If you are in a mythic guild you don't complain about not having content to do because you are progressing on mythic BoD.
    Yeh that's why I log in for raid and say fuck everything else.when 8.1.5 launched I had 29 Azerite power and my guild told me to grind more Azerite power or I wouldn't be able to raid. So I went though all the shit content I didn't want to do. Now I'm finally at 40 and I can't be arsed to do anymore. I'm good enough so back to raid logging.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    The only reason why i want 8.2 to come is Azerite changes, so i can finally play the real game and not some beta.
    Its not an exaggeration - the Azerite changes that will be implemented almost year after release are what literally everyone wanted to have back in alpha/beta phase of BFA. Kinda boggles my mind it took so long for Ion to make this a thing from the very beginning.
    They probably knew from the beginning, but didn't have the time to come up with something better.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Its definitely releasing way before August.
    Very unlikely. Mythic Dazar'Alor opened the last week of January, we're getting another raid at the end of April. So far under 100 guilds worldwide have killed Jaina, neither faction has completed Hall of Fame. There's no chance in hell that 8.2 is coming soonest July, but it's safer to say August.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Do we have to get into that? We both know what we all mean with the word content, especially when it comes to WoW. Content is something interesting to do. It is true, interesting is subjective, but there is a limit to it,too. Otherwise, they would make achievements like "level 50 characters to max level", or "walk (not run) 100000 miles in goldshire" and consider that content.
    "Interesting is subjective, but if *I* don't find it interesting enough then it's not content"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I think you need to work on your context of "no content". When people use that term they obviously aren't talking about literal lack of content. They clearly mean that there is a lack of content that interest them.

I don't think anyone complaining about bfa is actually complaining that there is a lack of content in the game.

I'm just saying, you spent a bit too much time typing that wall of text to make a irrelevant point,
    You must not have read any of the comments then. Thats exactly what they're doing. Claiming there is no content simply because they are too uninterested or lazy to accept thar the content is indeed there.

Like, im not interested in pet battle dungeons, but im not so asinine as to claim they don't exist.

define "content"

I'm just curious how you can run out of content.

Look they added zandalari and the survival guide managed to be net positive likes to dislikes. The wait for this race would have been impossible if I didn't mythic raid I legitimately cant believe I made it.

If I had known in August it was going to be this long I would of just came back to the game in 8.1. It may just be a race but it's the only new content added in bfa that will outlive this expansion. (warfront and islands LOL)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    define "content"

I'm just curious how you can run out of content.
    I think 8.1.5 has decent content Idk what the OP likes doing in game but to play devils advocate if a patch came out that added achievements, pet battles, and even a new warfront I'd say things like it has "no content" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "no content"
    2 allied races
    mini raid
    brawler's guild
    war campaign
    profession questlines
    hati questline
    magni and mother questline
    xalatath questline
    arathi and warsong update
    new brawl
    new micro holidays
    new timewalking
    darkmoon faire coaster

- - - Updated - - -

"A new raid isnt content"
    "New quest lines are not content"
    "New brawlers guild content is not content"

lolololololol ok... ok buddy...
    For once I agree with Fel Plague, seriously what were people doing in the ye olde days when a patch could have a raid and NOTHING else in it (see: Ulduar in wotlk) or patches like 5.3: battlefield barrens that didn't even bring a raid, just 1 zone of mobs to grind for inconsequential cosmetics (that weren't even named toys until 2 expansions later).

LOL
    8.1.5 has no content?
    A Raid
    A questline
    New pets to collect
    New mount to get from Brawlers
    New profession stuff to do

Nope, no content at all... And yes, it is realistic to have this content last 2-3 months. If you are completing all of this within a month, you probably play the game too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    World content needs some sprucing up, how they do that I don't know but to me World Quests are nice but they aren't enough. Even Ion himself has says it's not good to run out of content(I wouldn't ask people to keep running Island Expeditions and Heroic/Mythic dungeons all the time, diminishing returns and all). Raids obviously are big to but that's another part.

Like I said, world content needs to be juiced up and more replayable instead of just ending quickly and with Flying coming soon World quests will get done faster and faster. It's just something WoW has struggled with for awhile. I'm still having fun and enjoying myself but I do see things needing to be done. If you need to take a break, I'd say go for it, don't log on for a few days, it's ok to do that, even if there's plenty to do.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    For once I agree with Fel Plague, seriously what were people doing in the ye olde days when a patch could have a raid and NOTHING else in it (see: Ulduar in wotlk) or patches like 5.3: battlefield barrens that didn't even bring a raid, just 1 zone of mobs to grind for inconsequential cosmetics (that weren't even named toys until 2 expansions later).
    i also always love to bring up how icc was timegated over 2 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I mean if 8.1.5 had any actual meaningful content then people would come back.

As it stands one of the big pieces is being timegated for a month. Rest of it is trash.

Should have at least had a Megadungeon like Kara by now so they are definitely behind a bit compared to let's say Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    So in short
    1.Redo old content
    2.2 bosses that will be cleared on heroic in the first 2 hours
    3.Redo mostly old content with a few new mechanics meant to punish any class that isnt mobile

Just because you pretend old shit is new content because you get to look at a different character models backside does not, in fact, make it new content
    Pretty much.

People are saying fucking Wintergrasp is new content though lol. People love to grasp at straws. Upping content so 120s can do it is not new. Now if they changed how Wintergrasp functions inside the battleground or added new/replaced old mechanics then it could be classed as new content.

All they really did for Wintergrasp was scale it up. Just like they did Onyxia back in Wrath. And Onyxia wasn't new content either in Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by swatsonqt View Post
    you get 2 new races for which you can work for thier heritage armor.
    a new mini raid.
    new additions to the brawlers guild.

Only because you don't like the new content doesn't mean that there is no content.
    How in the world are two "new" Allied Races content? So you can level them up doing the SAME quests and dungeons you did? lmao you people are DELUSIONAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    How in the world are two "new" Allied Races content? So you can level them up doing the SAME quests and dungeons you did? lmao you people are DELUSIONAL.
    I mean they are just cash grabs. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows it. People will be race changing/boosting like crazy the day they are out so ActiBlizz can say at the next meeting "MOST PROFITABLE QUARTER EVER" because the whales/shills threw money at them. Hell with Dreadwake subs ending soon wouldn't be surprised if they pull another 6 month stunt with something lucrative like the Bee mount.

Gone are the days when races were day 1 content and now timegated and started at a low level for scummy cash grabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean they are just cash grabs. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows it. People will be race changing/boosting like crazy the day they are out so ActiBlizz can say at the next meeting "MOST PROFITABLE QUARTER EVER".

Gone are the days when races were day 1 content and now timegated and started at a low level for scummy cash grabbing.
    Oh I know, it's terrible. But what can you do. The white knights are dying, pretty fast now too.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean they are just cash grabs. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows it. People will be race changing/boosting like crazy the day they are out so ActiBlizz can say at the next meeting "MOST PROFITABLE QUARTER EVER" because the whales/shills threw money at them. Hell with Dreadwake subs ending soon wouldn't be surprised if they pull another 6 month stunt with something lucrative like the Bee mount.

New races start at a higher level then ever before and they keep adding new ways to speed up leveling even further. Your grasping at straws to try and make this some evil money grubbing plan when in reality it’s better then it was in the past where you either race changed or leveled at a slower rate at the start of an expan.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Even though I don't touch Allied Races. This is still content. Some players literally strive to have a character of every race/allied race maxed.
    Even if you don't care to level them up and find it a waste. Sure, it was easy to implement content, but content nonetheless.

And all of you keep ignoring the other claims of content. Tons of new battle pets to farm in MoP raids. Again if you don't do battle pets, it is still content. New raid in April. 95% of the playerbase will take 1-2 months to defeat on heroic.

If you don't enjoy this content, then let WoW go and move on. But don't claim Blizz isn't giving you content.