Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    I think you need to work on your context of "no content". When people use that term they obviously aren't talking about literal lack of content. They clearly mean that there is a lack of content that interest them.

I don't think anyone complaining about bfa is actually complaining that there is a lack of content in the game.

I'm just saying, you spent a bit too much time typing that wall of text to make a irrelevant point,
    But even then, he is right, lets see, what did 3.1 release? A raid and a questing hub.

8.1 released a raid, and soon another raid, lots and lots of questing, a warfront and a new currency (similar to how you gather medallions for argent tournament), to get mounts. And that's barely scratching the SURFACE of all the things they add in 8.1 and 8.1.5. So there is content that should be interesting to people, they just bash the content for no reason, because apparently Asmongold is their Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    1. These should be available from the day 1 of BFA>

2. "Mini raid" as content.

3. ressurected.

4. Content of quests done in ~20-30 mins.

5. (Read 4.)

6. (read 4.)

7. (read 4.)

8. (read 4.)

9. I like the changes tbh. But these were 90% complete even at last Blizzcon (or e3.... can't remember which was it when we had previews)

10. "new brawl" as "new content".... just added 15 AI npcs..... are you serious about one?!

11. Lol... which ones are new?

12. (Read 1.)

13. 1 20x20 yds area is "new content"?

I'm not hating WoW, I'm not flaming or anything.... But I am disappointed by the amount of "new content" we had.

Ah and... you forgot to add "New turtle WQ" as number 14.
    Still, all your replies show that 8.1 has much more content than 3.1, especially when combined with 8.1.5. But sure, let's compare 8.1.5 (a part of 8.1), with 3.1 (a full patch). It's like comparing apples to oranges, but I guess you are not familiar with the term

Quote Originally Posted by Henirk View Post
    When do we get 8.2? I feel like we waited forever.. and now 8.1.5 is hitting with no content.
    Damn! I haven raided mythic yet and still havent done any +15 keys and i haven achieved gladiator in pvp.

Gratz to you that you are done with all that already!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "no content"
    2 allied races
    mini raid
    brawler's guild
    war campaign
    profession questlines
    hati questline
    magni and mother questline
    xalatath questline
    arathi and warsong update
    new brawl
    new micro holidays
    new timewalking
    darkmoon faire coaster
    All of which can be done in 1-3 days and not touched again

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    To me, the #1 thing they should do for next expansion is to have m+ dungeon tiers. Release fewer dungeons at launch then release a few during patches that give better loot (could leave the old ones in place but remove weekly cache to encourage people to step up).

At any one time you’d want to have 3 active dungeons in m+ probably 4 at launch. That would do a lot for the longevity of content without requiring a ton of extra dev time, because right now the only new content we get is quests and raids (no one cares about warfronts or expeditions).

And it’s great thematically - think about how the icc and even hot heroics really set the scene for the attached raids.

To me, it’s a complete no brainer.
    Sounds like a horrible idea, I much prefer 10-13 dungeons whole expansion, than the same 3 dungeons. It will get stale af.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    All of which can be done in 1-3 days and not touched again
    Just like argent tournament in 3.1, although wait, it was wait for it... wait for it... daily quest TIMEGATED :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Sounds like a horrible idea, I much prefer 10-13 dungeons whole expansion, than the same 3 dungeons. It will get stale af.

- - - Updated - - -

Just like argent tournament in 3.1, although wait, it was wait for it... wait for it... daily quest TIMEGATED :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    which the devs already said they are going away from. Timegating is a thing of the past. They said that in the dev speak q&a thing.

None of these things are nearly large enough to have timegating anyways. 8.2 content, probably. Not the stuff we get in 8.1.5, Unless you mean waiting for the wod timewalking to become active is timegating, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    which the devs already said they are going away from. Timegating is a thing of the past. They said that in the dev speak q&a thing.

None of these things are nearly large enough to have timegating anyways. 8.2 content, probably. Not the stuff we get in 8.1.5, Unless you mean waiting for the wod timewalking to become active is timegating, sure.
    Comprehension is not your strong point I see, but that's quite alright. What I mean is that you talk about the 8.1-8.1.5 patch content as something that takes 1-3 days to complete and it's nothing to do ever again, while failing to realise that 3.1, a patch from the most popular expansion ever in WoW's history, featured argent tournament as its only side activity outside raid, with very few daily quests, and if it wasn't for the daily timegate, it would be content finished in literally a few hours. People like you need to wake up and realise that you are just tired of the game, and the game's content is largely the same, only better in art and usually (but not always), polish. Along with some new features, and random extra content that you simply don't want to do.

5+ Year Old Account
    But even then, he is right, lets see, what did 3.1 release? A raid and a questing hub.

8.1 released a raid, and soon another raid, lots and lots of questing, a warfront and a new currency (similar to how you gather medallions for argent tournament), to get mounts. And that's barely scratching the SURFACE of all the things they add in 8.1 and 8.1.5. So there is content that should be interesting to people, they just bash the content for no reason, because apparently Asmongold is their Jesus.
    Or that they aren't interested in doing everything. Most players don't check every box and the game isn't intended for you to do so unless you no-lifed the hell out of it. The game has many options for different modes of play. The issue is that not every option has equal value and so modes of play become restricted by time and what you like. You can't force people to like/do everything and it's unfair to just tell people to 'do something else' when their interests become neglected post-launch.

Why would a pvper care about quests/lore? Why would a collector care about M+? There is no such thing as content that should be interesting to every player. Interest is only generated by relevancy and complaining about a lack of relevant or quality content for your specific mode of play is fair. Plus many additions in 8.1/8.1.5 were generated in response to these very complaints, so I can't say all of it is bashing.

- - - Updated - - -

Comprehension is not your strong point I see, but that's quite alright. What I mean is that you talk about the 8.1-8.1.5 patch content as something that takes 1-3 days to complete and it's nothing to do ever again, while failing to realise that 3.1, a patch from the most popular expansion ever in WoW's history
    With this I just say: Hold Blizzard to it's current expectations. Blizzard since 3.1 and before 8.1 have released patches that have received more praise/had more to offer different play styles. People are going to criticize 8.1/8.1.5 because Blizzard has and can do better. They aren't going to compare 8.1/8.1.5 to low hanging fruit of the past, because that isn't a valid comparison. The devs from the 3.0 cycle aren't even the same as the ones now.

If you made a B when you recently made A's, I'm not going to compare it to a C from several years back.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Still, all your replies show that 8.1 has much more content than 3.1, especially when combined with 8.1.5. But sure, let's compare 8.1.5 (a part of 8.1), with 3.1 (a full patch). It's like comparing apples to oranges, but I guess you are not familiar with the term
    Why would you compare 3.1 to 8.1? o.O

Game was 100000000000000000% different back then.

Gearing was different, pve/pvp progressing was different, professions were different, quests took waaaaaaaaay more to complete (speaking about main story-line)....

It is REALLY comparing apples to oranges. I hope you're familiar with the term

90% of 8.1.5's "content" is "revived" content from past exps. presented as "new one". So yeah, it's really not that much AT ALL. Just 2 new bosses and a couple of quests which are done within ~20 mins.

WOW IS in extremely bad situation atm. That's the fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Is that you Lore?
    Are you gonna defend the game again by complaining how much shit you got on TBC, a xpac that is older then a decade?
    Where did you hide Ion?
    Not really helping...at all. The funny thing about 3.1(Wrath) was how we had more or less 3 big major content patches. 3.1 was Ulduar and such. The raid everyone has fond memories of. Course it wasn't as big at least like what modern wow was like. It seeded the 3.2 argent tournament stuff but ToC raid had no trash which I remember people weren't a fan of(Well some people I encountered, I didn't care too much).

Then 3.3 the final content patch of ICC but not necessarily as much say 5.2 or 4.2(We got a new area to look at and such for each. Thunder Isle and Molten Front). ICC didn't add anything(Minus that vrykul island but it wasn't much).

So things have improved since Wrath admittingly I remember having a lot of fun in Wrath and didn't get grinded out. I blame it to me being relatively new to endgame wow
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Warfronts - The majority does them for the quest and they won't touch it again until another 2 weeks when it's back up for their faction.

Islands - Other than cosmetics, the reward/progression for IE at this point in the game is next to none. Once you get your neck level to 40+, there isn't really a point for AP grind. (which most people who play frequently already have 40+)

Leveling - Yeah, no. Leveling has been a pretty stale aspect of this game since BC. The leveling experience is arguably the weakest aspect of the game. You experience it once in under 24 hours of gameplay and that's it.

M+ and raiding are really all BFA has to offer in terms of character progression.
    As opposed to the vast majority of the game's life when it was just raids?

The problem, if any, is that the content isn't interesting enough. In terms of raw amount BfA has more than enough shit to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    But thats not my point. My point is that even if objectivly the 3.X content cycle was worse (which is debtable), what is exactly the point here that someone is making? "hey guys the game is superior to a state 10 years ago!". Like what the fuck is this supposed to mean? Its exactly the same shit that lore does in every q&a (not joking, watch the last 4 Q&A, in everyone he is like "hahah but u know in tbc it was WORSE").
    Thats the same argument when u say class design for some of the classes are shit but people go "but in vanilla!". Like i dont even
    I'd argue yes it was worse but that doesn't mean class design is fine and flawless. If Lore really is saying that well, Lore my dude you aren't helping. I'm not gonna proclaim I know what state the classes are in, I only know my own(And the last main I had last expansion). I can say right now for me it feels fine but as per Legion and such, it felt kinda rough at the start but got better by the time 7.2 came around.

I'm speaking only for my classes though. Usually when the argument "It was worse back then" when some people want to act like places like Vanilla and BC class design were better then now or MoP, WoD and Legion. I guess the TLDR is: I don't want classes to be slower, I think that will annoy people more then it helps.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

One day this forum won't let freshly created accounts pump out new threads. Will be a lot better place. Although They will find some other way to game the system. But I guess they all generate the same money on ads so who cares right. But, to be on topic the content release cycle really isn't a problem in BFA. Its more what you are using to beat the content at hand. Classes aren't in the greatest shape, the expansions prime character progression system is kind of a mess, and gearing has become purely a slot machine shortly after every item level spike.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Why would you compare 3.1 to 8.1? o.O

Game was 100000000000000000% different back then.

Gearing was different, pve/pvp progressing was different, professions were different, quests took waaaaaaaaay more to complete (speaking about main story-line)....

It is REALLY comparing apples to oranges. I hope you're familiar with the term

90% of 8.1.5's "content" is "revived" content from past exps. presented as "new one". So yeah, it's really not that much AT ALL. Just 2 new bosses and a couple of quests which are done within ~20 mins.

WOW IS in extremely bad situation atm. That's the fact.
    Because if you go back to the string of replies that caused this reply of mine, you will see that I am addressing someone else's comment regarding 3.1 and 8.1.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that you Lore?
    Are you gonna defend the game again by complaining how much shit you got on TBC, a xpac that is older then a decade?
    Where did you hide Ion?
    You can call me lore or w/e you like, not my fault that you can't accept that you might have grown out of this game, and may no longer be interested. Why are you even mentioning TBC? And I am not even sure about the 'shit Lore got' on that expansion lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    Or that they aren't interested in doing everything. Most players don't check every box and the game isn't intended for you to do so unless you no-lifed the hell out of it. The game has many options for different modes of play. The issue is that not every option has equal value and so modes of play become restricted by time and what you like. You can't force people to like/do everything and it's unfair to just tell people to 'do something else' when their interests become neglected post-launch.

Why would a pvper care about quests/lore? Why would a collector care about M+? There is no such thing as content that should be interesting to every player. Interest is only generated by relevancy and complaining about a lack of relevant or quality content for your specific mode of play is fair. Plus many additions in 8.1/8.1.5 were generated in response to these very complaints, so I can't say all of it is bashing.

- - - Updated - - -

With this I just say: Hold Blizzard to it's current expectations. Blizzard since 3.1 and before 8.1 have released patches that have received more praise/had more to offer different play styles. People are going to criticize 8.1/8.1.5 because Blizzard has and can do better. They aren't going to compare 8.1/8.1.5 to low hanging fruit of the past, because that isn't a valid comparison. The devs from the 3.0 cycle aren't even the same as the ones now.

If you made a B when you recently made A's, I'm not going to compare it to a C from several years back.
    I was merely addressing something other posters started. And you cannot call 3.1 a low hanging fruit, which was what brought the Ulduar raid to us. Also, I am pretty sure that this whole comparison between Wotlk and BfA content started simply because people keep parroting how WoW was better in the past, by saying that it gave us more relevant content back then.

If we compare 8.1 to 3.1, 4.1, 5.1, 6.1 or even 7.1, it gave us more content, if you factor in 8.1.5, simply because anyone who thinks that 8.1 and 8.1.5 are different patches, well, they are totally oblivious to the fact that blizzard just releases major patches now in 2 parts, in order to keep up a fast-paced release schedule. Similarly, 8.2 seems to shape up to be a humongous patch, considering a karazhan-esque dungeon in terms of size, 2 new endgame zones, a very focused azerite system change, which will most likely bring the system up to the standards of 7.2 artifact items, and it will later release a massive raid, which will hopefully be just as fun as BoD. I am really not sure what more could blizzard release to make people happy, especially considering that more and more classes/specs are becoming better to play every patch. Sure, we still have ferals, frost dks and ret paladins not being at a decent spot, and maybe a couple more, but pretty sure there has never, EVER, been a patch where every single spec was both viable and the most desirable of its role. There can never be a time where all specs play just as good, and offer just as good utility between each other.

Honestly, at this point I'd rather wait a bit longer and get a patch that is actually good than have 8.2 release faster and be a disappointment. And if run out of things to do... oh well, I can always just unsubscribe and play something else for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    I find running the same dungeons the entire expansion to be stale.

Here was my experience of the Antorus/Argus patch:

I resubbed, and decided to do m+ for a couple days in order to get caught up on gear. I got busy, and a couple days became 3 weeks. The dungeons were not super exciting... I had already done plenty of +15s at an item level that wasn't super high so this wasn't new.

Then 3 weeks in I had some time so I decided to pug heroic. Quickly discovered that I already outgeared heroic. Unsubbed. Strong feeling that the patch had nothing compelling for me to do.

When you have 13 m+ dungeons most people only run a few anyway... I never learned new ones when they came out because I pug as a tank and when confronted with the choice of doing a +15 that I know, or trying to learn a new one, failing, and getting reamed by my group, I just did the ones I knew.

Creating tiers would mean that the other dungeons would be used more, and it would give people like me something to look forward to in a patch (I can't raid mythic, and heroic is pointless because m+ gear quickly invalidates it).

I imagine your playstyle is different so you prefer to have the variety all expansion, but for me it's terrible.
    Yeah, what you are talking about makes total sense and I get your point. I usually play with a team of friends, and therefore, we like to tackle all the dungeons, and learn how to do all at as high of a level as possible, but we are ok with mistakes, therefore, a much bigger pool of dungeons is more fun for us. For example, it was too much for us to try a King's rest +19 tyrannical last week. It felt nice to have freehold, tol'dagor, underrot and motherlode to fall back into, than a small pool of 3 dungeons in our case. But ye, I get that it sucks for you. Hope you will find a neat team at some point, cause I promise you that it's a lot more fun that way

When next expansion?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "no content"
    2 allied races
    mini raid
    brawler's guild
    war campaign
    profession questlines
    hati questline
    magni and mother questline
    xalatath questline
    arathi and warsong update
    new brawl
    new micro holidays
    new timewalking
    darkmoon faire coaster

- - - Updated - - -

"A new raid isnt content"
    "New quest lines are not content"
    "New brawlers guild content is not content"

lolololololol ok... ok buddy...

- - - Updated - - -

2-3 months for a 2 boss raid is fine.
    also dont forget 8.2 will not launch with the raid, the raid will come abit after, so yeah june/july would be fine.
    It honestly surprises me how people can sit here and Claim there is no new content.. I bet those people haven't even leveled any of the allied races.

- - - Updated - - -

It will drop when it drops. There is plenty to do. Don't make excuses.

Probably by june
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I wish they had a small team that made "world content". Bigger events that would happen in azeroth, outland, northrend, pandaland, draenor etc. Some short new story, daily quests that would give a mount, tmog gear or whatever. Somehow make the old zones somewhat relevant again.

We have the World events that happen over the year and dungeon timewalking, but its not enough. They have SO many wonderful and cool zones they could utilize alot better.
    They could take one or two pages from GW2 in that regard. "World events" in that game are quite interesting and contribute a good measure to the feel of a living world where people come and go.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.