Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Why do your precious feelings need to be protected by moderators? Have you no spine? Can't you stand on your own feet in an argument, and must ban everyone who doesn't agree with you instead? Is it so scary that not every place on the internet is a safe space?

5+ Year Old Account
    Mentally ill people shold be treated with the same respect that healthy human beings receive. But they are not entitled to praise for their delusions and must accept that there are people who criticize them, when they take insanely stupid decisions and showcase this to the public.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    This is a non-issue. If someone wants to play pretend, the rest of the world shouldn't be required to follow their delusions.
    Being trans isn't "play pretend". It is who they are. No discussion about that. Just because YOU don't agree with it and YOU don't understand it doesn't change that's who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    If your life is so great and special that THIS . . . T H I S is what you count important . . . I am envious.

This has to be the most first world problem BS thread I have ever read in my entire adult life.

I think MMO champ doesn't want to become as irrelevant as neogab and other trash sites like that. Go play pretend on said thread.
    THIS....T H I S is a valid complaint. This website infracts & bans people over much less but for the shit going on in that thread to still be going on without those people getting infracted is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Veknazel View Post
    Oh no, deadnaming! You can call Trump a dumb orange fat fuck, but calling someone by the name they were born with is an unspeakable offense, right?
    Speaking about Trump is something that is fine. He chose to go into the spotlight to be a celebrity and politician. Chelsea Manning has the spotlight thrown on her without asking for it. Her name is Chelsea Manning. That is her LEGAL name. It should be respected to call her by the name she is LEGALLY. Calling her by Bradley is an insult meant to do nothing but make fun of the fact she is trans.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Except the argument then becomes "where do we stop"? If we must cater to Feminine Men and Masculine Women who honestly believe that they are actually Women and not Men, or Men and not Women, then why don't we cater to Pedophiles, or Sociopaths with a Fetish for Murdering People? I mean, where do we draw the line on when a behavioral quirk becomes a social aberration?
    You are a complete idiot and your transphobia is showing. Comparing being trans to pedophilia or sociopaths who want to murder people aren't even close to a comparison. You also going to compare homosexuality to pedophilia, bestiality, being a sociopath, and mentally ill too?

Quote Originally Posted by kbtdadap View Post
    there is no such thing as misgendering or deadnaming. its made up by you and ppl who think like you. It shouldnt be against the rules or decorum to refer to a person as they should be referred. You cant even hide your constant addiction to controlling any and everything, can you? Dont liek what the person said? dont read it, like an adult? You fascist, thought police need a reality check. Youre all drunk on "shut it down" because you think you have majority support. When the time comes for ppl to shut you down and they have the majority, youll be the first to cry real tears. But youll do the same to any who dont think s you deem ok.
    People should be referred to as they wish to be. Would you label Beyonce a man or Albert Einstein a woman? Something tells me you wouldn't. This is no different. This has nothing to do with an addiction to control shit. This has to do with referring to a person respectfully by the gender they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The fact that you honestly believe that Gender Dysphoria has no impact on the people not directly experiencing it shows you are absolutely and utterly fucking clueless as to how far current society is pushing shit to try to normalize it and cram it down the throats of everyone "not involved". People are losing their fucking jobs because they are not psychic and accidentally mis-identify some random person they have never met.

Also, there are plenty of pedophiles who have never EVER touched a child in their life, and never would, who will still get crucified in the court of public opinion if it ever came to light that they are attracted to underage people.

The things have plenty in common, one of the biggest of which is that the stigmas around both are almost entirely social constructs, and it is basically up to the whims of society as to which ones get defined as aberrant.
    Please explain how someone who is transgender is DIRECTLY AFFECTING other people? I'll wait...Also any person who refers to themselves as a pedophile even if they have never touched a child deserves to be called out in the court of public opinion. They are a threat to children because they have an impulse that could easily be acted upon because of their belief.

This forum is really bad at allowing hate speech. Just this thread alone has several ban-worthy posts.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    This forum is really bad at allowing hate speech. Just this thread alone has several ban-worthy posts.
    Not much to do but report it and hope really :/

Mysteriously I got force logged out after reporting a bunch of posts and all of the posts are still there :thinking:

You see, a donkey can stick a plunger on his face and pretend to be a unicorn for all i care BUT I'm not gonna call him unicorn .

Same stance on people pretending to be a gender they're not . Its their right to pretend BUT its also my right no to join their delusion.

Its not a hate . I'm just too old to play pretend with people .

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Mentally ill people shold be treated with the same respect that healthy human beings receive. But they are not entitled to praise for their delusions and must accept that there are people who criticize them, when they take insanely stupid decisions and showcase this to the public.
    gender dysphoria is a mental illness that is treated BY transitioning. they become the gender that they feel comfortable with. there is no argument, there is no criticizing them. what you are describing is hate speech full stop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    You see, a donkey can stick a plunger on his face and pretend to be a unicorn for all i care BUT I'm not gonna call him unicorn .

Same stance on people pretending to be a gender they're not . Its their right to pretend BUT its also my right no to join their delusion.

Its not a hate . I'm just too old to play pretend with people .
    rationalize how you want, youre on the wrong side of history and science, and it IS hate, whether you will admit it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Speaking about Trump is something that is fine. He chose to go into the spotlight to be a celebrity and politician. Chelsea Manning has the spotlight thrown on her without asking for it. Her name is Chelsea Manning. That is her LEGAL name. It should be respected to call her by the name she is LEGALLY. Calling her by Bradley is an insult meant to do nothing but make fun of the fact she is trans.
    Thank you for spelling out your double standards for everyone to see. I hope you also spoke out against people who deadnamed Trump when they called him as "Drumpf".
    By the way, becoming a whistleblower and essentially a traitor is also something that I would call going into the spotlight. He brought this on himself.

If someone believes they are female when they were born male, that's their business. It's my political and religious belief that a person is and will always be the sex they were born as. I will refer to a person by their birth gender, that's my belief and i have a right to it.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    If someone believes they are female when they were born male, that's their business. It's my political and religious belief that a person is and will always be the sex they were born as. I will call a person by their gender at birth, that's my belief and i have a right to it.
    "i believe black people are 3/5 of a person. if someone else believes different, thats their business, but thats my belief and i have a right to it"

dont you feel like an asshole knowing that one day, youll be seen the same way as people who said things like that during the segregation era?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    You are a complete idiot and your transphobia is showing. Comparing being trans to pedophilia or sociopaths who want to murder people aren't even close to a comparison. You also going to compare homosexuality to pedophilia, bestiality, being a sociopath, and mentally ill too?
    Except that this right here sort of makes the point I was attempting to make. Every single one of those things is a state of mental being that is filtered as "good" or "bad" ENTIRELY on the grounds of current social constructs. Being a Homosexual (physically or romantically attracted to members of the same sex) and being a Pedophile (physically or romantically attracted to underage people) are both filtered entirely on societal norms as to if they are good or bad. 200 years ago, either would have been enough to get you locked up at best, likely stoned to death or lynched at worst. So again, where do we draw the line? When does a Mental Illness suddenly stop being a mental illness simply because society has decided to normalize it? If some time down the road, society suddenly decides that being a Pedophile or enjoying Bestiality or being a Sociopath are no longer Taboo, are you going to accept that too?

People should be referred to as they wish to be. Would you label Beyonce a man or Albert Einstein a woman? Something tells me you wouldn't. This is no different. This has nothing to do with an addiction to control shit. This has to do with referring to a person respectfully by the gender they are.
    Did you just Assume Einstein's gender? For shame. And I would call Beyonce a woman, untill such time as she decides she wants to be a man, at which point I would call her an idiot.

rationalize how you want, youre on the wrong side of history and science, and it IS hate, whether you will admit it or not.
    Nope you can't change definition of hate .

If i don't join a kid playing hide and seek does it mean i hate the kid? or hide and seek?

Nope you can't change definition of hate .

If i don't join a kid playing hide and seek does it mean i hate the kid? or hide and seek?
    You think this is a game? trans people are trans just to have fun? your ignorance is astounding.

This forum has a lot of people that say pretty horrible things on a regular basis. Whether they agree with a stance or not, these types of people don't treat any other human being like a human being at all, and rationalize it until they're blue in the face.

For LGBTQ+ topics (Gen OT or otherwise), the mods always just close them after people are downright harassing people, without any sort of punishment. I've personally seen people say that certain groups of people "should just off themselves" in this forum, and the thread was just closed, instead of punishing that person for being abusive.

The allowance for gay/bi bashing on MMO-C is super high. The allowance for trans bashing is in the atmosphere, and it's not going to change. MMO-C is going to remain a hateful place for a long time - it already has been.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Well following the narrative i guess in the long run everyone will identify with <insert word> and all will be outrages because the other Pearson is a bigot or a racist or a bad pearson.

I agree that the world needs empathy, we need to understand each other but in my mind some, very loud individuals want to blur the lines of sanity and create issues where there are non, overlook dire problems in the world and bring in front the most silly things.

You think this is a game? trans people are trans just to have fun? your ignorance is astounding.
    Yeah keep putting more words in my mouth

The example was for showing you miss using "Hate" word.

Long story short : They can be trans .They can call themselves whatever they want BUT i'm not required to call them what they THINK they are .

This is what led to people starting to make made up pronoun like Zhe,They(for single person use ),Xe etc etc and expect people to call them by their made up words .

Yeah keep putting more words in my mouth

The example was for showing you miss using "Hate" word.

Long story short : They can be trans .They can call themselves whatever they want BUT i'm not required to call them what they THINK they are .

This is what led to people starting to make made up pronoun like Zhe,They(for single person use ),Xe etc etc and expect people to call them by their made up words .
    The wide world of genders was mostly a meme that is pretty dead at this point, but we arent talking about that. we are talking about binary gender people who switch from one gender role to the other. they exist whether you want them to or not, and if you call them by the wrong gender, you are wrong, not them.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralissimoGreymane View Post
    If anything, this thread has shown there is a strong need for MMO-C leadership to clarify the site's stance.

Quite a few posters feel entitled to bash and deadname trans people on mmo-c. This demonstrates a real lack of enforcement and clarity on how topics are curated.
    Dead naming isn't something many know about and others don't care. Many with no malice in mind just stick to names or references they know. Like an old friend still calling a buddy by the childhood version of them name. Ultimately people may want somebody to call them something or to refer to them in a certain way, but that is it. You can't force your beliefs or ideals on others and you certainly can't make them think they way you do just because you want it to be so. Should people be mean or cruel, no absolutely not. On that same note people shouldn't be stuck in this constant guessing game of what generic phrases do you have to use when speaking to some random person.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Just put the offending users on ignore and move on. You are going to have a better time on this site (and the internet in general) if you stop giving a shit.
    Last edited by Sett; 2019-03-09 at 08:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I don't know if it should require mod action, but indeed, people saying "shes a man not a woman stop saying she" are pretty retard, and obviously lack empathy and basic respect. Is it really that hard to call a trans person by their desired gender? It means a lot to them and it takes no effort from you...