Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Ah I see. Guess I skip Arc Totem this season.

Maybe Ill try out that Holy flame totem. I figure it would be the same build as a fire totem build.
    It just means you have to drop totems once per pack instead of once per 5 rooms.

Is the PS4 version still coming out today? It's still MIA on the PS store, not even in the "coming soon" section.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Is the PS4 version still coming out today? It's still MIA on the PS store, not even in the "coming soon" section.
    No it's not. they will give a 2 weeks notice before it gets released on PS4, and we haven't gotten that yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...playstation_4/

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    No it's not. they will give a 2 weeks notice before it gets released on PS4, and we haven't gotten that yet.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...playstation_4/
    yeah, but according to this from Feb 19, it was announced for today:
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64912...h-8/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    yeah, but according to this from Feb 19, it was announced for today:
    https://www.tweaktown.com/news/64912...h-8/index.html
    the one in my link is from a GGG employee posted at Feb 22, and there have been no news from either GGG or PlayStation recently, which we can only conclude that is have been "delayed".

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2330591

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    the one in my link is from a GGG employee posted at Feb 22, and there have been no news from either GGG or PlayStation recently, which we can only conclude that is have been "delayed".

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2330591
    Well crap! maybe they are delaying it to add couch co-op! lol

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Can't just be me that thinks they ask entirely too much for the challenges can it?
    24 is "doable", 36 is where it gets super grindy. You'd be surprised how many easy challenges are there that you just have to...do. Take the twinned map challenge for example, I played plenty in the league but didn't even finish half that challenge so I just threw alts in those maps to do the challenge. Scarabs can just be bought n' dumped on a map to complete and syndicate can be farmed in Act 8 for their challenges.

The Synthesis challenge rewards don't really appeal to me at all but I still try to score as high as I can. Challenges like the "End game grinds" are too time consuming for my taste.
    Last edited by kail; 2019-03-09 at 08:39 AM.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Man...I need to get the stand-alone launcher. Updating through Steam is killing me, 10.8MB patch this morning and it's been installing for 30 minutes and says it has another 4 hours, and the game is installed to my bloody SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man...I need to get the stand-alone launcher. Updating through Steam is killing me, 10.8MB patch this morning and it's been installing for 30 minutes and says it has another 4 hours, and the game is installed to my bloody SSD.
    that sucks, I moved off steam yesterday because someone wanted to play RE2 and DMC5, and it's been going quite smoothly.

Welp, because why the fuck not I'm making an aurabot to start the league off for some reason. Probably because I'm insane, but it'll mean I can just follow my brother around picking up loot while his molten strike jug carries us. Never played one before, so this should be a different experience.

How to run Synthesis as a summoner while leveling: Get Speed Boots and 5 Quicksilver Flasks, ignore all enemies and just run. How fun. Another league that sucks as a Summoner until Maps. :/

Ok, going slow as usual, but this time i'm playing with a friend who has just started playing the game - so i made him do a molten strike juggernaut as starter.

I'm running CI occultist and HOLY HELL Bane and Soulrend are insane. I'm literally spamming bane with 2 curses and melting everything on scree, i just throw a SR when i feel ES is dropping down too much. I'm torn between 6-linking Bane or SR. New caster shield nodes are awesome. 5k is a good ES amount to swap to CI?

I'm also trying to make a channeling Storm Burst Trickster. Undecided if going pure channeling since the new nodes are great or try to make a setup with CoC and Arc or Ball Lighting.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I have ED there but running CI makes it slightly less effective due to hp regen not as useful.

I'm running SR with the ES leech support since pierce is already baked in and does more damage at both full ES and even more while leeching. As i said, i'm currently using it as healing backup. Bane just does everything - damage, huge AoE and curse application all in one. I just need to stack more curses at this point while getting more ES and chaos damage.

I love playing this on my PS4... OH WAIT IT HASN'T LAUNCHED YET

Come on GGG stop leaving me hanging. I need an ARPG fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    If you go CI taking Zealot's Oath also converts ED to give ES regen. It's also right next to Spiritual Aid which is a great passive for any noncrit spell build to get more damage nodes from the passive tree.
    Uh, didn't see that honestly - i can try to fit it in my build as i like contagion/ED playstyle quite a lot. Doesn't change the fact Bane is just melting stuff away easily XD.

EDIT: i think i can still fit the ES leech support in. While it won't count much to to the healing overall (since it applies only to the hit part) it's still ES leech and will trigger the damage bonus. The dot is actually less powerful than SR but as you said you can spam it much more and much faster meaning it can stack better and help on boss damage.

Well, worth trying as i'm just 4 points away from Zealot. I'll wait for Spiritual Aid since there's a lot i want to take before (namely the two shield clusters which are insare imho and the chaos damage ones - though i'm gonna make a count of the available nodes around and check what makes the highest total to give it more priority).

Plus Arcane Will is strong as hell.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2019-03-11 at 04:33 PM.

Anyone else absolutely hate/not understand the league mechanics? Because hot damn do I not like the mechanics of synthesis nor is how the crafting shit works too clear.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile...hesis_for_the/

Pretty amusing satirical post poking fun at how GGG already solved a number of the problems in synthesis back when they released incursion, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I have ED there but running CI makes it slightly less effective due to hp regen not as useful.

I'm running SR with the ES leech support since pierce is already baked in and does more damage at both full ES and even more while leeching. As i said, i'm currently using it as healing backup. Bane just does everything - damage, huge AoE and curse application all in one. I just need to stack more curses at this point while getting more ES and chaos damage.
    May I ask what curses you have attached to it? I have bane but I don't know what to throw on it yet :S my SR/Bane Trickster is kind of my "lets see how I do without a full guide" character.

I have only one question about the new league: Does cyclone still suck?

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    Yes, still mostly used for Cast on Crit builds or the odd Ngamahu's Flame build. This league was focused on reworking self cast spells and next league is focused on reworking melee skills. Considering how often people meme about Cyclone I'm guessing GGG will give Cyclone a nice buff next league.
    It's too bad, really. I like the playstyle, but it's sucked for so long.

Melee rework/buffs are in next patch, we shall see in three months if cyclone gets any good.