god this game is shit at balancing

your team doesnt have rein/zar? lost good day
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, from getting sunk to 1750 playing DPS for most of the season, I switch back to mostly Tank and I'm back in Gold over the course of a weekend that I didn't even play much. On the plus side, think I'm a better DPS for it, I still had to DPS some rounds to secure wins, so it was definitely a role I was bad at and clearly held me back. And I had a lot of fun playing Hammond in the rank up again. Hopefully by the weekend I'll be back Mid-Gold again and can take that next step from my highs of 2400 into Plat; if not, I lost nothing and got better at some things anyway.

I've lost 200 rating, gained 100 rating, lost 100 rating, gained 200 rating, lost rating again.

They seriously need to fix this disparity of skill level of people on the same rating. I expect them to be able to perform as well as me when they're at the same rating as me but they're playing like shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    In my experience the SR system is incredibly accurate and puts people right where they belong
    That is unbelievably incorrect.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-03-02 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    That is unbelievably incorrect.
    Then I invite you to share what rating you think you belong at and what you are presently.

this game is so fucking bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirza View Post
    Then I invite you to share what rating you think you belong at and what you are presently.
    Where I was previously, Platinum. Unfortunately, one very bad season made the game
    penalize me unfairly, and now it constantly keeps me in low Gold, and now, low Silver.

Its been impossible to climb due to the unbearable shittiness of the matchmaking system.

Literally, this is the only game where I could spend several HOURS just trying to go up
    100 points, only for it to either not go anywhere, as the system ping pongs me, or it
    makes me go DOWN, thus making it now a new goal of getting where I was before, as
    opposed to you know, trying to climb.

I honestly can't tell which system is worse, this game or Heroes of The Storm. They're
    pretty much tied for all the same reasons.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-03-07 at 07:10 AM.

Where I was previously, Platinum. Unfortunately, one very bad season made the game
    penalize me unfairly, and now it constantly keeps me in low Gold, and now, low Silver.

Its been impossible to climb due to the unbearable shittiness of the match making system.
    I don't if this will help you (most likely not) but the last season I played it dumped me in Gold and I just flatout didn't do any more after that. Did my placements again in S13 and somehow got into high end plat.

So, I don't know what the fuck placements do.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I don't if this will help you (most likely not) but the last season I played it dumped me in Gold and I just flatout didn't do any more after that. Did my placements again in S13 and somehow got into high end plat.

So, I don't know what the fuck placements do.
    Casual matches basically have a ranking of their own, they just don't show the player. The placement matches are basically 10 extra games to see if you belong at that ranking but aren't really special beyond that.

You can get a rough feel for what your casual ranking is by inspecting the competitive ranks of the players in your quick play matches. When I played Overwatch they were around 2700-3000, so I can assume that would be the comp ranking I would get after 10 placements.

They really need to implement some kind of voice level control to voice chat or a filter to instantly ban people who scream on voice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I'd say it depends on how many wins you got vs losses. I managed to get it even (5W / 5L) and it still
    threw me in silver, when I've had similar results in the past place me much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinro View Post
    They really need to implement some kind of voice level control to voice chat or a filter to instantly ban people who scream on voice.
    I mean you can always just mute them. Been working for me so far.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2019-03-10 at 11:16 PM.

I mean you can always just mute them. Been working for me so far.
    You don't think I mute them? They've already hurt my ears by the point I mute them. It should be automatically controlled so they can't fuck peoples ears up.

- - - Updated - - -

Trying to play some with my friend, playing at platinum. Holy shit, what the fuck is wrong with people at this rating? The healers and tanks blaming the DPS, even though it's the tanks not creating space for the DPS to actually kill someone. What the fuck is this? Can we have some kind of THIS IS WHAT'S GOING WRONG ON THE FIELD type of lesson for people? How the fuck can the tanks not realize it's their own fault for standing at the choke passively just blocking damage instead of pushing in? Like, REIN THEY HAVE ORISA. When she drops her shield, WALK INTO IT AND PAST SO WE CAN GO IN?

10+ Year Old Account
    They seriously, really, truly, desperately need to add a permanent pve mode in Arcade.

Fucking sick and tired of losing 30 Arcade Mode games until I get one fucking win.

Ah, classic premade trashtalking in QP.

Duo Lucio+tank, triple tank+Ana+WM.
    Ana starts crying about me playing JR and that we need a McCree vs their hamster+fisty. I never play Cree, so me changing to him wouldn't help.
    Besides, it would help a lot more if they changed to like Moira+anythingotherthanWM, but nooope... they are the premade and I'm solo so it's my fault.

They're either extremely stupid or they don't care if whoever they are whining at change or not, because they are there to whine and enjoy every second of it, because people are not going to change if you are rude about it or passive aggressive. If you truly want people to change, ask nicely.

I'm still surprised that people are trying to tell others what character they should take. I still do not understand that there are people who do not understand that JUNKRAT is really the offensive flanking hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Doohreven View Post
    I'm still surprised that people are trying to tell others what character they should take. I still do not understand that there are people who do not understand that JUNKRAT is really the offensive flanking hero.
    It's really a design philosophy I believe Blizz has gotten wrong since day 1. They stress way to much on "winning" rather than having fun. People are expected to pick and play the meta and select the hero their team needs, which isn't necessarily going to be the hero they want to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    It's really a design philosophy I believe Blizz has gotten wrong since day 1. They stress way to much on "winning" rather than having fun. People are expected to pick and play the meta and select the hero their team needs, which isn't necessarily going to be the hero they want to play.
    Then they needed to make a completely different game.

The entire point of Overwatch, which the devs have stated since day 1, is that this is a
    team based game that encourages teamwork and the ability to switch heroes due to
    the game mechanic of counterplay being the literal backbone of the game.

If people get pissy because they can't pick their favorite, well tough tittie. Go and play
    Quick Match, or anything in Arcade Mode. You can play your favorite hero til your face
    turns blue. But in the Ranked Mode, which does demand a certain level of skill, game
    awareness, knowledge, and so forth, there will be times when your favorite is not the
    best choice. So you either switch to another character and improve your odds of winning,
    or you act selfish and keep your character, causing your team to lose, and proving that
    you don't deserve to be playing OW at all.

I'm just convinced that way more people cheat at this game that Blizzard can either catch/deal with and it's become a really serious issue.

Every other game it just feels like another aimboth, we're way passed the point of honorable fighting in FPS and stuff... like....

Back in the day I would js ujust asorta assume that people wouldn't cheat for the sake of the game.

Now anyone does anything so you have to have hard bolted door down methods of ensuring people play the games normally honestly.

Honestly Blizzard used to be top tier in terms of anti-cheating, espe ially in the D2 days... and now I feel ike they're forgotten in that respect...

Warden help save us all honestly... (the thing that all the lawyers hated and said broke ToS and stuff but honestly crushed a lot of cheaters IMO)(

Then they needed to make a completely different game.

The entire point of Overwatch, which the devs have stated since day 1, is that this is a
    team based game that encourages teamwork and the ability to switch heroes due to
    the game mechanic of counterplay being the literal backbone of the game.

If people get pissy because they can't pick their favorite, well tough tittie. Go and play
    Quick Match, or anything in Arcade Mode. You can play your favorite hero til your face
    turns blue. But in the Ranked Mode, which does demand a certain level of skill, game
    awareness, knowledge, and so forth, there will be times when your favorite is not the
    best choice. So you either switch to another character and improve your odds of winning,
    or you act selfish and keep your character, causing your team to lose, and proving that
    you don't deserve to be playing OW at all.
    I always pick whatever I want, I've been fluctuating between diamond and masters. Someone tells me to swap? Nah, I'll report them for abusive chat and block them and continue playing what I play. I still maintain diamond/master. I started out in gold 2 years ago. I pick what I want to play, I'm rarely on voice chat, partially due to people not knowing to shut the fuck up, to not scream and then also people who are abusive because I'm a woman. If I was to pick characters I don't like, just because the team wants me to, I'd be stuck in platinum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you don't deserve to be playing Ranked then.