This is why Private Servers knowledge is wrong and Min/Max anti Hybrids is wrong.

More of it :

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...update/32152/5

Quoting part of it :

There were a few other reports – such as “rare mobs do way less damage” and “Kobolds at Jangolode Mine run faster than walking speed when running away” – where we were able to confirm that the gameplay was the same in the demo as in the original 1.12 WoW.
    P.S = Forget about "Warriors viable to handle damage,Druids and Paladins not viable to handle damage" , it is not going to happen , in Original Classic Bosses and Mobs are not 25-50% damage increased and are not 100-200% health increased.

Stats and Damage is not going to be same, so Warriors and Rogues are not going to be only one who are going to Top the DPS , but Palas and Druids are going to compete against them at equal scale !

Quoting part of it :

Rogue Energy didn’t work right: it was both benefiting from melee haste and re-calculating more often than it was supposed to. Both issues were fixed.
    Rogue Energy in Pservers did regenerate and calculate completely different than how it suppose to , which made Rogues an Animal of DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh you really think Paladins and Druids will compete against warriors/rogues equally? I don’t care what private server stats show. I played vanilla hardcore and I remember what the damage was like then. You won’t be seeing ret Paladins our damage pure classes in raids. It isn’t going to happen dude. Neither will the other hybrids. Seriously you’re acting like we don’t have stats or information from vanilla. Or that we didn’t actually play the game.

And yes Druids can tank but only if done perfectly. My guild Peekay had the only legit Druid tank back in vanilla for the longest time. His name was Hugehoss and he was our main tank even in much of Naxx. But he was hardcore and min/maxed to perfection. He also knew he couldn’t tank everything. Your average player is not going to be Hugehoss.

We all know that pservers have almost all things wrong. Bosses are going to be much harder in real classic than they are on pservers. Great video.

But your quotes are talking about Rogue energy on blizzard classic demo, not pservers btw. Dont know why you always try to sell quotes as something else.

Can't wait for the authentic experience!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blooderduki View Post
    Warriors and Rogues are not going to be only one who are going to Top the DPS , but Palas and Druids are going to compete against them at equal scale !
    El Oh El

You assume people here did not play Vanilla or something?

I was maining a paladin in Vanilla - not your private server hackjobs, actual Vanilla and no - Warriors, Rogues, Mages did metric ton more damage than Paladin ever would. Like if I would try HARD I would maybe do like 70% of proper Warrior DPS and feel incredibly good about it.

I haven't watched the video, and I am stating the obvious, but every private server is different. So when you say "private servers" and talk about a bug or difference, it could be a bug on 5 servers and not on another. Not only that, but private servers are generally being worked on over time (at least the successful ones) and so what was a bug or an inaccuracy last week may be different next week, a certain popular private server I know is improving things one a weekly basis.

On top of that, with the theorycrafting if people have spent a lot of time on it and are aware of the server specific differences all they have to do is account for those to end up with correct results for Classic. Even more, a lot of people use original classic numbers in their theorycrafting which means they are accurate to the real game and slightly off for the private server version already.

But with that said, it's almost 100% certain that the Classic launch will not be 100% accurate to begin with, and will go through its own bugfixing processes.

Edit : Regarding Druids and Palas doing dps in Vanilla. Don't do drugs kids.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2019-03-09 at 06:05 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Ugh you really think Paladins and Druids will compete against warriors/rogues equally? I don’t care what private server stats show. I played vanilla hardcore and I remember what the damage was like then. You won’t be seeing ret Paladins our damage pure classes in raids. It isn’t going to happen dude. Neither will the other hybrids. Seriously you’re acting like we don’t have stats or information from vanilla. Or that we didn’t actually play the game.

And yes Druids can tank but only if done perfectly. My guild Peekay had the only legit Druid tank back in vanilla for the longest time. His name was Hugehoss and he was our main tank even in much of Naxx. But he was hardcore and min/maxed to perfection. He also knew he couldn’t tank everything. Your average player is not going to be Hugehoss.
    Your average player could be Hugehoss! Feral tanking was a matter of getting the exact right gear back then - Most of the pieces just required a shit-load of grinding, but when has that ever stopped anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post

OP was a major annoyance in the "vanilla pserver community". He was trying to fool the devs to buff protection paladins (which he was playing) by providing them with false information.

Don't take anything seriously from him.

Killerduki, stop your crusade to make paladin tanks favorable over other tanks except for niche circumstances. It's not gonna happen so stop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Your average player could be Hugehoss!
    Your average player could be nothing. Average players are average because they don't do exceptional stuff required to weird shit to even begin to tick. Average player will roll random crap, will suck at it or will either be bottom feeder filler or wise up and roll something appropriate to what he wants to do.

Of course many of such players fall into sunken cost fallacy where they keep playing underperforming shit because they just can't bring themselves to reroll and such, but only a very small % of these players will have what it takes to become something more than that with what they play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally not seen a single post from this dude that isn't about him screeching about Paladins being the best tanks and linking videos from private servers where he also has Thunderfury and is overgeared.

Certain hybrids can be ok. I stress OK. But the deal is that the gear you get will always be better used by someone that isn't a hybrid unless they are just garbage tier player compared to your skill level. So if a moonkin is getting a mages BiS items it will always mean the groups DPS will be lower than it could have been.. as long as you consider people in your guild of near equal skill. Does this matter in MC, BWL, ZG, or AQ20? Not all that much as long as the numbers dont get out of control. AQ40 and Naxx it will start to burn you in the ass a bit more. A lot of the difficulty curve in vanilla after the entry level isn't how well you dance its can you beat the clock. Not always enrage timers. But healer mana. Consumables. Mechanics are there to just make it to where you cannot just spam your 1-3 key rotation endlessly.

Of course not everyone will care about raiding all the content in the world either. I have no doubt I will do MC, BWL, ZG a good bit. Beyond that doesn't interest me a ton unless the right guild just comes along and I get swept away in it but that is pretty unlikely because I won't be hunting for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm stopping this from going any further.

Let me reiterate for about the 3000th time: Private servers are not on the discussion menu here. That includes videos and discussions about the differences between said illegal and copyright-infringing servers and the original game.

This forum is for discussion and speculation on the legal and public version of Classic World of Warcraft.

Closing.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2019-03-09 at 06:44 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."