Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 88 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    I just came back from watching it.

I would give it 7/10.

it's average like most of MCU movies.

Brie was fine and her interactions with Sam were really good.

some things I didn't like were:

1. Fury's eye being scratch by a cat was meh tbh and Last time I trusted someone I lost my eye is a joke LoL

2. Fury's We are outgunned when Thor and Loki arrived holds no merit nor it does make sense

3. Fury making up the Avengers project because Captain Marvel didn't set well for me

other then that, movie was good.

1) well in a way it is a half truth, a cop out/what the fuck?! moment all the same though. they bonded during the film which ofc would build up trust, thus the "last time i trusted someone" line =)

2) i'm about... 50/50 with this tbh, it could make sense on the ground as it would explain how bloody fast they could mass produce those tesseract infused weapons in such a short amount of time between thor and avengers assemble, and when asked the "why" instead of saying "we knew about this years ago" they shifted the blame to the gods of asgard so that old can of worms wouldn't be opened. that's how i saw it anyway

3) wasn't that agent carter who made the name up?
    Last edited by un_known; 2019-03-09 at 10:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Also was anyone disappointed that they didn't make the Supreme Intelligence a giant head like in the comics... that was a bit of a letdown for me. Although it could still be that, as we never really saw the true face behind the supreme Intelligence.

Would link a picture but I don;t think you can put pictures behind spoiler tags
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Not even close this whole anti SJW hate on Brie Larson stuff has been going strong for months.
    No it hasn't. It started mid February, it's not even mid March yet so that's hardly "months". Prior to that the main bitching about her was the whole "she doesn't show emotion/why doesn't she smile more" thing which nobody was threatening to boycott over.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post

1) well in a way it is a half truth, a cop out/what the fuck?! moment all the same though. they bonded during the film which ofc would build up trust, thus the "last time i trusted someone" line =)

2) i'm about... 50/50 with this tbh, it could make sense on the ground as it would explain how bloody fast they could mass produce those tesseract infused weapons in such a short amount of time between thor and avengers assemble, and when asked the "why" instead of saying "we knew about this years ago" they shifted the blame to the gods of asgard so that old can of worms wouldn't be opened. that's how i saw it anyway

3) wasn't that agent carter who made the name up?
    1. true but I expected more... much more

3. no idea, I didn't watch her show
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2019-03-09 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    No it hasn't. It started mid February, it's not even mid March yet so that's hardly "months". Prior to that the main bitching about her was the whole "she doesn't show emotion/why doesn't she smile more" thing which nobody was threatening to boycott over.
    https://youtu.be/eJ3hbXzJGUs

Dated 8 months ago.

Plenty more just like it from 8 months ago.

Thanks for playing though

I see these RATINGS are going up. See you later haters.
    #MarvelTrainFullSpeedAhead
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I didn't watch it so I didn't vote. But are we seriously still doing superhero origin stories in 2019? That has been played out for a decade now. There's nothing new.

What if Goose eats the Infinity Gauntlet, making Thanos vulnerable?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I didn't watch it so I didn't vote. But are we seriously still doing superhero origin stories in 2019? That has been played out for a decade now. There's nothing new.
    At least it's not a reboot or a remake. :/

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I see these RATINGS are going up. See you later haters.
    #MarvelTrainFullSpeedAhead
    Because RT removed thousands of negative reviews

Critic scrore actually went down

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Because RT removed thousands of negative reviews

Critic scrore actually went down
    37k still up. 1/3 of those have to be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    10/10

My bet is most the people who said they didn't' like the movie didn't even watch it. You know par for the course when it comes to triggered males and female protagonist movies.
    I watched it and voted didn't like. Ask me anything about the movie. I have a photographic memory and can pretty much write the entire movie out beat by beat if you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by un_known View Post
    I mean was it really so bloody fast? Hydra had made weapons using the tesseract in the 40s. They had working models and Hydra research to go off of. Then it was 60+ years until the events of Avengers. With or without Captain Marvel it doesnt seem unreasonable that they had weapons manufacturing ready to go at a moments notice, especially considering Hydra had infiltrated S.H.E.I.L.D. by that point as part of their bid to take over the world. This was a poorly written retcon to shoehorn CM into the MCU in the 11th hour.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    37k still up. 1/3 of those have to be removed.
    It just means that more people are giving it at least a 3.5 score. That's not amazing. There's also a ton of "troll" 5* reviews. Like the one that says "my 2 star review was removed, let's see if this fake 5 star will stay".
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

The very definition of a passable movie. Lots of decently good things (jackson, main skrull, cat, plot twist), lots of decently bad things (mary sue character, bad chemistry, political propaganda, boring action), but nothing was good or bad enough to push it in a direction for me.

Definitely a miss for a big budget Marvel movie but really doesn't deserve all the hate surrounding it.

I'm torn between 6/10 and 7/10, it's like nothing out of the ordinary. What did you think of it?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    The very definition of a passable movie. Lots of decently good things (jackson, main skrull, cat, plot twist), lots of decently bad things (mary sue character, bad chemistry, political propaganda, boring action), but nothing was good or bad enough to push it in a direction for me.

Definitely a miss for a big budget Marvel movie but really doesn't deserve all the hate surrounding it.
    My guess is that most of the hate came from Disney's marketing of the movie, and some of the faux pas made by Brie over the last few months, that had to then be clarified later on..

10/10

My bet is most the people who said they didn't' like the movie didn't even watch it. You know par for the course when it comes to triggered males and female protagonist movies.
    Exactly this.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well here is the current domestic and international box office..

Captain Marvel

Domestic Total as of Mar. 8, 2019: $61,382,000 (Estimate)
    Distributor: Buena Vista Release Date: March 8, 2019
    Genre: Action / Adventure Runtime: 2 hrs. 8 min.
    MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: N/A

Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic: $61,382,000 32.6%
    + Foreign: $127,000,000 67.4%

= Worldwide: $188,382,000

Domestic Summary
    Widest Release: 4,310 theaters
    In Release: 1 days / 0.1 weeks

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...arvel2018a.htm

10/10

Not trying to pick a fight, or imply this is you, but I could also bet that most people saying this movie was a 10/10 aren't viewing this objectively and are overcompensating for commentary from said triggered males over female protagonist movies, and other reasons I don't need to mention. For what it's worth, I tend to agree a little bit with your point, but there's another end of that spectrum too. There's, unfortunately, people wearing tinted glasses on both sides.

The movie felt like a typical Marvel movie to me, except 2-3 years ago. It didn't seem to build on the improvements we've seen from Spiderman, Black Panther, or Thor Ragnarok. It was one of the more visually impressive Marvel movies I've seen and the supporting cast seemed good, but the villain (and conflict in general) in the movie was weak, to me. I went in not being a fan of Bree Larson in the role, and walked out feeling the same. I just didn't feel much charisma from her. I really would have loved to see Emily Blunt in the role (watch Edge of Tomorrow for the why on this).

Anyway--was a 7/10. A typical Marvel movie is still pretty fun and I did enjoy it despite the flaws I mentioned.