Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 90 of 125 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Wonder Woman got a ton of shit, until it came out. Tomb Raider got some shit, ironically because Angelina Jolie's breasts were deemed not big enough (wow, what a time to be alive), but if it was remade today with the same woman (Camilla Luddington) who plays her in the new video games (which received metric shit tons of shit), there'd be a bunch of shit.

Alita escapes scrutiny despite being not that good a movie with serious flaws, because it was a popular manga, has a much more niche audience, and thus much less people saw it but had much higher audience engagement (because of the prior source material) among that niche audience.

As for Underworld and the RE series, I don't know anyone who thinks of those movies as anything better than "'good' bad movies," IE mindless popcorn flicks where you get to watch Kate Beckinsale/Milla Jovanivich do action scenes in tight outfits.
    Probably so, but I don't think they created as much controversy as CM has, other than Ghostbusters 2016 which is still reverberating to this day.. The other is the business with the RT website and what was going on there..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCuY-RbiPqU Why was the Tesseract in space during this movie? Did I miss something between the 1940's and 1990's?
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCuY-RbiPqU Why was the Tesseract in space during this movie? Did I miss something between the 1940's and 1990's?
    If that is the case then they must of either forgotten about that part in Capt America or that there are more of those things?

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    ...yes? People don't go see it. Case in point: The female Ghostbusters movie.
    There was no boycott of the recent Ghostbusters - people didn't watch it because it wasn't good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    https://youtu.be/eJ3hbXzJGUs

Dated 8 months ago.

Plenty more just like it from 8 months ago.

Thanks for playing though
    Nope, vast majority I'm seeing are from Feb/March. Quick Google search turning up mostly stuff from Feb/March.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2019-03-10 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    If that’s where they were going they never got to it before the Agent Carter show was cancelled, they were some other agency during that series. Coulson specifically says they’re a new agency during Iron-Man 1 or 2.
    Nope they were SHIELD in the Ant-Man 1 flash-back which was iirc set about 1989-90. The name of the agency before it was changed to SHIELD was Strategic Scientific Reserve. Also in the Agent Carter one shot (Iron Man 3 bonus) at the end she was being called to Washington by Howard to help set up SHIELD.
    Last edited by JDL49; 2019-03-10 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Well, a solid 8/10 from me. As a fan of the MCU, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not as strong as other entries for sure, but by no means as forgettable as the ones I literally forgot existed, like Age of Ultron and The Dark World... Humor, action, story and performance all fit neatly into the rest of the MCU.

And as for the reviews, the movie has literally been the victim of propaganda from the alt-right. The highly positive reviews however, outnumber the negative ones. I suspect that'll continue to be the case as more and more watch and give their honest reviews, free from agenda.
    TIL a good movie is one in which the hero faces no struggles and overwhelms with sheer power. Even in the old superman movies he at least had moments of actual danger. "The highly positive reviews" according to you certainly aren't suspect but ever negative one is. Yet for some reason there hasn't been this pushback against movies like WW or more recently alita. Almost like it doesn't have to do with the gender of the lead but instead bad movies cry sexism to get a ratings bumps and try to guilt people into seeing them :thinking:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    There was no boycott of the recent Ghostbusters - people didn't watch it because it wasn't good.
    Seriously people don't understand the concept of a boycott. Not going to a see a mediocre movie isn't a boycott heck most of our generation just wait for stuff to be on streaming services now. The only movies we actually go to see are ones that are worth it and unique in some way such as infinity war or dead pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    TIL a good movie is one in which the hero faces no struggles and overwhelms with sheer power. Even in the old superman movies he at least had moments of actual danger..
    No struggles lmao. Did you even watch the movie or did you just listen to your favourite incel youtuber review it and think "brie larson bad"?

Yeah it was alright. Wee bit of gringe here and there but still well worth the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    No struggles lmao. Did you even watch the movie or did you just listen to your favourite incel youtuber review it and think "brie larson bad"?
    Nope haven't watched it read multiple reviews and heard about how she is just smashing through everything the entire second half. Power wise she has zero struggles. What made Infinity War so good is they are facing an opponent they shouldn't be able to beat. Even superman had defined weaknesses because his writers realized someone who just wins is boring.

I enjoyed it, thought it was pretty funny to.....Laughed my ass off when she launched Jude Laws character into a Mountain.

5+ Year Old Account
    I love that channel xD

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2019-03-10 at 09:23 AM.

I thought the movie was fine, kinda mid-tier Marvel which I'm happy with. I don't really get the outcry or people taking the movie way too seriously, I mean it's popcorn entertainment. I didn't think it was worse than something like Black Panther (which was way overhyped) but it also doesn't reach the heights of the really good Marvel movies.

So eh 7/10 pretty good would watch again but would also rather put on infinity war

It's a solid Marvel origin story, there are all the big ups and downs there always are but I think that it is very obvious Brie Larson prefers / is better at the character building stuff, especially opposite Smauel L Jackson than standing in front of a green screen looking super serious so the CGI people can build a film around her later on.

The pathetic opposition to the film is well, just that, pathetic. It is worth remembering though that opposition is the wailing of a group of entitled aresholes crying about all the normies taking 'their' stuff. It should burn itself out because it is little more than a group of people lashing out because they are slowly coming to the realisation no one gives a shit what they think.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    When was it promoted to be amazing solely cuz a woman is in it? Come back to reality and stop living in your perpetual state of faux outrage
    Yes it was, even on trailer they were making it cheap with promoting it with "HER" changing to "HERO" xD It is not my fault you cannot see clear sex baiting (just like many people couldn't see Jussie Smollett race baiting, basically wanting to make some race wars, just like antifa and BLM do).

This is what whole SJW movement is now about, they scream about sexism while blaming men for everyting, and saying that women are better in everyting (which is SEXIST).
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Show me then your examples.
    Just watch withdrawn gilette commercial which is sexist, but it is fine since it blames men for all evil in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I would give it a 7/10. Brie Larson was far more likeable than I expected and I think its a vast improvement over the character in the comics.
    This is the same for me, for all the complaints I actually had about the movie, Brie Larson wasnt actually one of them lol. I found more flaws in pacing, directing, and story and lack of identity. I am standing by my choice that Larson was fine casting and a 7/10 seems about the perfect score from me. :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-03-10 at 11:53 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    If that is the case then they must of either forgotten about that part in Capt America or that there are more of those things?
    https://www.thewrap.com/how-did-the-...-vell-skrulls/

It's a weak plot but still there are no plot holes it seems about Tesseract.
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Just watch withdrawn gilette commercial which is sexist, but it is fine since it blames men for all evil in the world.
    Can you be any more of a whiny snowflake? Just go bitch on Tumblr with the rest of the people with massive victim complexes.

Flaming isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-03-10 at 06:27 PM.

I watched the movie yesterday and honestly... it was kinnda meh.
    It was a Marvel movie, but nothing special. There are several gripes I have with it though.

One of them was with Nick Fury, and not over the fact that Carol was condescending throughout the movie toward him, even though I think Nick is older than her. No, it's because of the whole eye situation. He lost an eye... for a FAQN JOKE?!?! Srsly?!
    That's supposed to be a big dramatic reveal and instead, they pull the Last Jedi on it... No. Just no.
    Speaking of which I'm a bit pissed that they decided to change the cat's name from Chewie to Goose. I mean what was the point when Disney already own Star Wars...

The other gripe is the protagonist. I'm not gonna go into subtext because people will accuse me of "conspiracy theory" but I think the problem she suffers from is the same as "reveal secret villain" problem. As in, a character, his relationship and personality are shown and then it's revealed that all we've known about the character was a lie, it's not the same character we've been fed information about for the past hour. That's not the case if the character is actually shown in a flashback or some other "way-back machine" what&how he was actually was, but we don't get that from Carol, all we get are flashbacks of "boys telling her she's not good enough cuz she's a girl", which kinnda grind my gears and other people TELLING US what she's actually like doesn't help.

Another gripe is... does Captain Marvel have any actual weaknesses? Because couple that with people behind the movies saying "she's the ONLY ONE who can beat Thanos" is giving away red flags, especially with ending where she's singlehandedly tearing through the Kree ships.

Which brings me to the final gripe, what was the point of Ronan the Accuser being there? All he did was stand around and then ran with tail between the legs when Carol showed up. This goes hand in hand with my previous gripe because it would've been great if Carol squared off against Ronan since he was established in Guardians of the Galaxy to be able to wield an Infinity Stone and Carol's powers come from the energy of an Infinity Stone.
    But no, Ronan is portrayed as a total wimp and a missed opportunity.

The movie was okay, but I wouldn't mark it as anything special. I'm also perplexed why they didn't just make Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel since she was the original female Captain Marvel instead of the current unlikable Carol Danvers version. =/