Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

What are your next expansion predictions?

What do you all think the next expansion will be?

The next expansion will feature underground Azerothian threats. The Qiraji will return, the Troggs and the Twilight Dragonflight, the Nerubians, the Tol'vir and their new pantheon of Keepers, and ultimately we will encounter Azeroth (the Titan) herself at the core of the planet and save her from... someone, I don't know Xal'atath maybe.

Void lords ofcourse, though I think WoW's recent post-modernist depiction of "the Light" will sneak in as an antagonist. Elune will probably show up.

Pretty sure it will be something about the black empire.

I would assume something to do with dragons, like the Dragon Isles hinted in the Wrathion quest snippet from Island Expeditions. The Dragon Isles could even be a huge landmass with several zones, like the Broken Isles, Kul Tiras, and Zandalar.

Dragons haven't had a major role on Azeroth since the Cataclysm - though Legion did feature quite a bit of the Emerald and Blue dragonflights, as well as tidbits of the Black Dragonflight. Wrathion is still around, and even though he claims to have wiped out all the Black dragons, we see quite a few of them on IEs. Likewise, we saw the resurgence of the Twilight dragonflight through shaman quests in Legion, and they too show up on islands in BfA. Ebonhorn also mentioned "family matters" at the end of Neltharion's Lair, but we saw little of that later on. Now it's mentioned that Wrathion is looking for the Dragon Isles, which seem to be important to dragons, of course.

It would be a perfect way to update their lore, and update their models. Nearly all dragon models are from Vanilla and BC, with random newer ones added over other expansions (proto, elemental, storm, Nightmare, etc). And I'm not even talking about just dragons - many whelps, dragonkin, drakonids, and other dragon-related models are all very old at this point. It would also serve to have the Infinite Dragonflight come back into the fold, since our Nozdormu has yet to become Murozond in our timeline. Likewise, we could see further fallout from the dragon Aspects giving up their powers, as well as the fallout from the Nightmare (including Ysera's death). Also, we've never seen where the Red Dragonflight's base of operations really is in WoW - just their relation to Grim Batol due to the Dragonmaw clan.

Other guesses would either be K'aresh's remains (with major Middle Eastern themes with Ethereals), or a Lich King 2: Electric Boogaloo. I doubt they would do Void themes two expansions in a row, and I doubt they'd do a demonic theme again so soon after Legion. So, it's likely that undead could make a return.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fingers crossed for Underworld/Black Empire stuff. I don't know how things are going to shake out for the rest of BFA, but I imagine N'Zoth will feature heavily in the climax, and this will somehow follow into a direct attack on Azeroth's worldsoul, eventually requiring us to get down into the underworld to defend it directly.

Shadowlands expansion

Dark Ranger and/or Tinker Hero Class(es)

Sylvanas still alive... well, still dead but alive as well

80% chance of it being LK/nerubians focused. Maybe even shadowlands tied in somehow. They need a strong hook that will attract the largest audience and I don't think there is a stronger one.

10% chance of new planet.

10% of something out of left field.
    Last edited by Mojo03; 2019-03-10 at 10:56 AM.

I think sylvanas will be outcasted and she will join the dark elves , should be black empire and the traits of Wrathion / bolvar / calia / and my fav possible resurrection of Arthas by calia and anduin.

I realy love Black Empire so I would be happy to see someething related to it. Time Travel or the return of the Black Empire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Hopefully something new and fresh, not tied to existing storylines.
    At the moment everything is pretty much tied to a storyline, be it more or less expanded on xD

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

Everything thats been sleeping underneath Azeroth's skin will come out crawling...

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    The next expansion will feature underground Azerothian threats. The Qiraji will return, the Troggs and the Twilight Dragonflight, the Nerubians, the Tol'vir and their new pantheon of Keepers, and ultimately we will encounter Azeroth (the Titan) herself at the core of the planet and save her from... someone, I don't know Xal'atath maybe.
    Somehow this sounds extremely plausible.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Shadowlands / black Empire / Infinite Dragonflight

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Hopefully something new and fresh, not tied to existing storylines.
    Unfortunately that'll not happen. In Legion, Blizzard stated that they like connecting the storylines of the expansions and having them blend more smoothly into each other, i.e. an expansion being merely a continuation or evolution of another.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Next expansion? lol I don't care much about that. We have Classic coming our way. I believe it's better to focus our brainpowers on that instead of dwelling on the next wow expansion...

this is my guess to the next xpac and its not based on anything but speculation.

Void VS Light. We will see the extreme of the Light and the moderate of the Void with characters such as Yrel & Xalatath being the main focus. Blizzard will try to keep the story more nuanced than "light good, void bad" and we will get more more old god stuff, perhaps a reimagining of the black empire, and whatever the Lightbound equivalent to the black empire is, We'll probs utilize the black portal to travel again with Dragon isles and Wrathion making a return for the mid-xpac patch.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Somehow this sounds extremely plausible.
    Yeah, all the quest items dropped from the island expeditions spell out immediate and distant future threats.

There was a concept expansion on the forums (years or months ago) about a Spider Kingdom expansion (with tunnels that port us around the world). Given the location of Sargeras's sword, I would like to see us go through with something similar, i.e. the wound will have an entrance to an underground location that forms the basis for the next expansion.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2019-03-11 at 03:41 AM.

just look up the production/operation name for the expansion. They usually name it after ice cream.

Bc was sherbet, wotlk was blueberry, cataclysm was cherry and mists was mint and chocolate chip
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."