Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

NEW Classic Update: Content release schedule plan

Looks pretty awesome... and have to admit... the hype is building just reading the names!

Phase 1 (Classic Launch)

Molten Core
    Onyxia
    Maraudon

Phase 2

Dire Maul
    Azuregos
    Kazzak

Phase 3

Blackwing Lair
    Darkmoon Faire
    Darkmoon deck drops begin

Phase 4

Zul’Gurub
    Green Dragons

Phase 5

Ahn’Qiraj War Effort begins
    Ahn’Qiraj raids open when the war effort dictates
    Dungeon loot reconfiguration: Tier 0.5 Dungeon gear, Relics, drop rates and location changes

Phase 6

Naxxramas
    Scourge Invasion

Of course they have to stagger the content to avoid having dead servers a month after launch.

Thank god they're using their brains a bit.
    I get more excited for classic with each passing day. Moar good news pls

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Of course they have to stagger the content to avoid having dead servers a month after launch.
    What a brightest mind you are as i can see So tell me : Why do 2-3 Years Old Classic private servers still alive and well? Still hitting 10k online btw. Dead after a month - yeah. /s

Funny they do that on Live and loads of servers are ghosts towns that only have players in due to sharding/crz...

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    What a brightest mind you are as i can see So tell me : Why do 2-3 Years Old Classic private servers still alive and well? Still hitting 10k online btw. Dead after a month - yeah. /s
    Because they're free because of stolen IP.

Silly rabbit... avoiding dead servers is a modern WoW problem created by turning WoW into a convenience driven lobby game. Classic is an MMO. You probably haven't experienced one of those, so might I suggest you try Classic?

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Silly rabbit... avoiding dead servers is a modern WoW problem created by turning WoW into a convenience driven lobby game. Classic is an MMO. You probably haven't experienced one of those, so might I suggest you try Classic?
    He will ragequit after pulling 3-4 mobs on his warrior and dying for 10th time in a row, so no point.

thank god

As a casual vanilla player on private servers, I don't want everything being trivialized by ZG and Diremaul being released to early

Sure mate people will play game just becouse it is free. In world where we have free games like LoL, Apex, Fortnite and many free to play mmorpgs. Those people play private vannila becouse it is fun no becouse it is free.

People are blinded by nostalgia and tend to forget what a tedious snorefest vanilla was and classic is. But they will remember soone enough. Even a bad xpac like Bfa is a lot more entertaining than 14 years old trash.

It's not stolen, 99% most of pserver players played @retail before and bought game/expansions - they own them and have the right to play on them. And EMU used to run servers has ZERO lines of Blizzord code.

People are blinded by nostalgia and tend to forget what a tedious snorefest vanilla was and classic is. But they will remember soone enough. Even a bad xpac like Bfa is a lot more entertaining than 14 years old trash.
    Yeah, 8 millions of players who left that crap for good disagree with you though

That's absolutely the difference between live and classic. Even when the raid was the "end game" there was a million other things to do when you weren't raiding. You aspired to raid and get gear, but you didn't have to have fun or to "play the game". Something totally lost on modern wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    It's not stolen, 99% most of pserver players played @retail before and bought game/expansions - they own them and have the right to play on them. And EMU used to run servers has ZERO lines of Blizzord code.
    Just because i acquired a licenst to a software doesn't mean i can use as many as i like, especially if they're modified and running on stolen server software. You clearly have no clue.

this ain't it chief

10+ Year Old Account
    I see they have changed it, awesome. I hoped they would, I honestly thought they wouldn't, but so happy they did. Read the whole forum post too, recommend others do too.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

shhhhh let people enjoy things

Just because i acquired a licenst to a software doesn't mean i can use as many as i like, especially if they're modified and running on stolen server software. You clearly have no clue.
    They are NOT running on ANY stolen server software, Mangos has been Open Source product since it's creation and had millions of contributors to it's development over the years. Get your facts right. As per client side - i still have a Vanilla/BC/WOTLK Physical copies and obviously i have a right to use them how i see fit cuz i bought them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the best case scenario honestly. As somebody who would probably tourist this or being somebody who only wanted to play this exclusively, this is about as authentic as you're going to get.

I hope people realize that the staggering of this content isn't going to be to the degree that it's done on live for the past few expansions. There's no reason stage two wouldn't happen shortly after launch (this actually mimics what it was 14 years ago too), nor would stage four be held back long after stage three was launched. Realistically you might see several months before the big phases (3,5,6), which is okay.

Ideally I wouldn't be opposed to the frame work of PvP being implemented on launch (meaning BGs). With the actual honor system in regards to loot exclusively being rolled out around the BWL phase (so either phase 3/4).

I think people asking for them to have classes/itemization in their launch state and progressively be changed as the phases roll out are asking for far too much. It's jarring IMO, especially for a game that we already know. Them staggering content release effectively negates any pressing concerns about too much power being available on launch, and at the very least will make the MC/BWL era of the game more authentic.

I like this approach in all honest. I'm not a classic enthusiast like many people on this forum, but the phase schedule is fantastic news to me.

This is great news. It might sound trivial to those that haven't been on private servers or just don't remember, but this is a significant update.