Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylriana View Post
    I never played Classic, but I'm surprised that the scourge invasion and Naxxramus pre-dated the Burning Crusade. I thought they belonged to WOTLK.
    They redid the invasion & Naxx in WoTLK beacuse they said not enough people saw Naxx in the first place.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Great news imho. I like to see that they really want to listen feedback. I still have huge hope that Classic will be very successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Imagine being excited about grinding old content you did 14 years ago all over again...

Hahahha they can MISS ME WID IT

So when's 8.2?
    Imagine waiting to 8.2 even before 'big content' 8.1.5 release, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Great news imho. I like to see that they really want to listen feedback. I still have huge hope that Classic will be very successful.

Imagine waiting to 8.2 even before 'big content' 8.1.5 release, LOL.
    Lol. Some people are getting way too defensive about it.

Both games will exist side by side. Who cares if Classic is more popular and whatnot?

Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    God how i want WoW Classic to be out sooner, so we can finally separate ourselves from pet-kissing lovers for good. I'm sick of reading bullshit those BFA players spill.

Shuuuushhh!!1 Don't tell them this or they might tell you that PetBattles, getting all transmogs in the game and unlocking allied "races"(reskins of actual races) is the content
    I think most people are sick of reading the bullshit you spill, but that's just my opinion. The combination of your bias, rose tinted glasses and downright negative attitude is disgusting.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolFrank View Post
    Gating content in Classic. People praise Blizzard. Gating content in BFA. People lose their fucking minds.
    Imaging splitting Molten Core patch in a few parts and spreading it around 6-7 months. Thats the equivalent of BFA time gating.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pu3Ho View Post
    Imagine playing BFA when 80% of "Vocal Minority" playerbase left it for good.

Content in BFA? What is it? I'm looking very hard and don't see any =/ If you meant Warfronts and Islands that aint a content, sorry for the truth.
    There is nothing to back up your 80% number and even less for the gone for good part. Classic will have less content then bfa with literally none of it being new.

- - - Updated - - -

More on topic though this is good for people who want to raid though my personal interest in classic is only in questing as the old raids are to simple to interest me.

Holy Hell this place has turned into more of a cess-pool then what it has been in years past.

This is a good change for classic though, and at the very least, blizz is putting in some care for their product.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    Imaging splitting Molten Core patch in a few parts and spreading it around 6-7 months. Thats the equivalent of BFA time gating.

Molten core came with launch a actual example would be black wing lair in 1.6 which it looks like came out with pretty much no content other then the dark moon fair if you count that.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Patch_1.6.0

Wow, this honestly blew me away. I'm happy to be getting classic at all, but actually taking the care to do phases for the patches is really A+ effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Good news. It shows that Blizzard isn't just fucking around, but they are taking Classic very seriously.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly that's perfect.

I hope people realize that while the gating is in different phases, that the phase length shouldn't be consistent across each phase. For example it's not going to be a linear 6 months between phases or 'seasons' like it's been operating with WoW on live for the past few expansions. Phase 2 should happen shortly after launch, with phase 4 happening shortly after BWLs launch. The only really 'large' gaps should be between phase 5 and phase 6.

Can't expect everything. Some people want them to update talents/classes through the phases, which I think is pretty unreasonable. Some classes are just going to be more powerful on launch of classic than they were 14 years ago, so just deal with it. If you're going into this thinking the difficulty is going to be exactly authentic, you seriously need a time machine because this is as close as it's going to get. Be happy that they are staggering the content to some fashion. Constantly changing classes would be jarring IMO in a world that we already know.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Holy Hell this place has turned into more of a cess-pool then what it has been in years past.

This is a good change for classic though, and at the very least, blizz is putting in some care for their product.
    care? there are classes that WERE NOT VIABLE AT ALL before patch 1.8

basically this means everyone is going to wait till phase 4 or later to bother playing, because this "plan" is worse than explosive baby shit
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post

basically this means everyone is going to wait till phase 4 or later to bother playing, because this "plan" is worse than explosive baby shit
    Where do they say that they're gonna update spells/talents with the phases?

And if they were gonna do that, that would be great tbh,

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post

Some classes not quite working isn’t gonna stop people from playing at launch, a lot of people want it that way for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Varleen View Post
    Classic has even less content: leveling, no heroic/mythic dungeons/raids/BGs. That's all.

People are leaving BfA, but is not just BfA that's boring: WoW at its core is boring, no matter what version of it.
    What are you doing then on a WoW forum when you find WoW at its "core" boring?! You here for the off-topic forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    They redid the invasion & Naxx in WoTLK beacuse they said not enough people saw Naxx in the first place.
    Almost nobody cleared it since you needed 8 tanks for the four horsemen for some reason, something almost no guilds had.

This looks like a good time table.

This is great I'm sure the Classic fans will be happy.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BoltBlaster View Post
    Ouch. That was brutal. But unfortunately its the truth.

Waiting for Classic, so I could play real MMORPG with realms and characters, not account-wide collections carrot chasing single player idiocy retail has become.
    It would seem you don't own the every transmog item in existence xD And most likely haven't completed all pet-battles in the game hehe. Prolly missed A LOT OF FUN

Solid update. This is the kind of communication I like to hear from blizzard.