Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New Twitch app update

So it happend - It got even worse. Now I haft to have a clunkier design, that looks ugly with less features and to get to addons for wow I haft to click 2 times.

Any way around this. I found 1 google result talking about blocking the update via firewall (revert back to old version I guess),

So bad...WTB curse updater circa 2012...?
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So it happend - It got even worse. Now I haft to have a clunkier design, that looks ugly with less features and to get to addons for wow I haft to click 2 times.

Any way around this. I found 1 google result talking about blocking the update via firewall (revert back to old version I guess),

adapt or don't use the product.

Yeah new twitch app is pure garbage. It doesn't even do it's main function that is updating wow addons properly. You have to restart it every time in order for it to detect new versions of addons, because refresh button doesn't do anything at all.

Haha, thanks for this post. I was hoping that I wasnt the only one that got a jacked-up update.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    adapt or don't use the product.
    10/10 comment. Dude, I adapted since vanilla. Its just this last addon is so junk its on a new level.

Anywho lmk if any got ideas.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Yeah new twitch app is pure garbage. It doesn't even do it's main function that is updating wow addons properly. You have to restart it every time in order for it to detect new versions of addons, because refresh button doesn't do anything at all.
    I feel like the twitch app's main purpose isn't to update wow addons. It might be something having to do with a streaming service, maybe watching people who stream, possibly people who stream using a particular service? I can't think of what that service could be called though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I feel like the twitch app's main purpose isn't to update wow addons. It might be something having to do with a streaming service, maybe watching people who stream, possibly people who stream using a particular service? I can't think of what that service could be called though.
    Updating addons is literally the ONLY reason for me and everyone I know, to have the program installed.

I have well over 100 different addons.. Checking for updates manually is impossible.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    The Curse Client’s main purpose was to update addons. Twitch bought out Curse and fucked it up. They only wanted the users, they don’t give a shit about the addons.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Curse client and wowace before that worked fine, but they made you pay to click the "update all" button. Twitch doesn't, and while it's fugly and heavy, the "update all" button works fine, and that is literally the only thing I care about. I click that button, then close it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It still works, but I definitely miss the functionality to be able to completely ignore everything else this keeps being updated to do and just open straight to the addons for wow page. The closest thing appears to be setting the "addons" tab to default, then clicking wow from there.

it goes straight to wow addons for me whenever i open it and even if it didnt does clicking 2 times really annoy you that much??

10/10 comment. Dude, I adapted since vanilla. Its just this last addon is so junk its on a new level.

Anywho lmk if any got ideas.
    Okay, then don't fucking use the damn product, uninstall it, and stop complaining the the FREE thing isn't good enough.

10+ Year Old Account

If you are using it only to update addons - grab an addonupdater or something like that from github, or make your own
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    The Curse Client’s main purpose was to update addons. Twitch bought out Curse and fucked it up. They only wanted the users, they don’t give a shit about the addons.
    Okay, then don't use the product. It's entirely free, yet here you are dissing the company and talking shit. If you're so butthurt, then uninstall and update your mods manually like a peasant. But you won't, because you like the convenience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Then it's time to stop using it.

I removed that program from my PC in 10 minutes after installing it (even before it being bought by whatever), wanted to code an addon updater, but someone already did it and uploaded it for everyone to use, just copy-paste links to addon pages you want in a text file and run the program.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-03-12 at 04:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    As mentioned previously, it would help if the "Refresh" button actually did something. I'm not usually one to complain but you'd think they'd test these things before updating people's apps.

I have the latest version of the Twitch app, what exactly changed?

there was a re-design a few months back. I was given the option to revert on first startup, and I haven't been asked again.
    On version 7.5.6991.283 atm

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh this app is such a piece of shit. If it wasn't for the WoW addons component of it I wouldn't have it installed. Now sometimes I have to start it and then restart it to get it to actually see WoW addons. It sees WoW installed but it says no addons are installed, and restarting it fixes this. So damn annoying. The old Curse client worked perfectly.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Okay, then don't use the product. It's entirely free, yet here you are dissing the company and talking shit. If you're so butthurt, then uninstall and update your mods manually like a peasant. But you won't, because you like the convenience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Then it's time to stop using it.

I removed that program from my PC in 10 minutes after installing it (even before it being bought by whatever), wanted to code an addon updater, but someone already did it and uploaded it for everyone to use, just copy-paste links to addon pages you want in a text file and run the program.
    The client is supposed to autoupdate everything by itself without any interaction. It doesn't. That is the complaint. Yes, it does still update addons, but no, that is not enough and I have every right to complain about it. Curse Client did its job, Twitch isn't good enough.

"Oh, but it's free, you're not allowed to complain about free shit."

Fuck off with that bullshit. I paid for Curse premium but it was ripped away. You'd be fucking pissed if something you paid for became free then turned to shit.
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2019-03-12 at 09:37 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet