Thread: Waycrest bugs?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    As for that 1st thing about fearing the oozes on Raal thats 100% on you, the adds are stunnable therefore are fearable and ye obviously taking a boss or any of his adds outside the room will cause a reset. You mentioned the tank and dps were ignoring the oozes but my question is why were you not standing on the tank to help him get agro? I get that its instinct to hit your fear button when mobs are hitting you but its still your fault and no its absolutely NOT a bug.
    I never said it wasn't my fault. I admitted I feared and that it was a bad idea, but it shouldn't even be happening. That is my view on the matter. I've never sat on tank on that boss. If this is the recommended strat, I was not aware of it. I always see tank grab them or dps kills them fast. Anyways, there's a door when you go down stairs and on the other side a door at the top of the stairs. Couldn't they just put a door on the big room and it would avoid fearable mobs resetting boss? Unless the mobs can get feared through the doors? It's on me like you said, but it's poor design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post

As for the stuff posted in the OP: I agree with an above poster that fearing a boss-add out of the area a boss is conceiled to should reset the boss. You could argue that the oozes should not be able to go through closed doors while feared - but that is just the way fear works. Fear is basically one giant bug. Always has been. Who else remembers the fun times when fear had a really big chance to drop you off the world? I main Priest in M+...and i litterally cannot remember ever using fear in M+ this or last xpack..it's just way too dangerous, even if it does not bug.
    I rarely ever use fear in mythic+. 99% of the time I will use it only if I know I'm not going to pull more mobs and it's to help tank kite while chastise, grip, net is down. And honestly, I only have fear because I am spec pvp (shinning force would be better for mythic+) I am just too lazy to keep swapping talents back and forth. My argument is that the oozes should not be fearable if they are capable of being feared outside of the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    My argument is that the oozes should not be fearable if they are capable of being feared outside of the room.
    So the issue is that feared mobs can pass through closed doors. I agree on that, BUT mobs can almost always pass though closed doors; they do not need a fear for that. And now we are at the source of the issue: Is mobs passing through closed doors generally a bug or not? It happens all the time. You can argue it is a bug...but it would create a lot of exploits (using closed doors as a guaranteed combat reset for the entire party) and even more "bugs" (mobs pathing through the entire dungeon instead of the door) if they would not. So, generally speaking, in WoW mobs can pass through closed doors. That's just the std behaviour you have to accept as the default. Therefore i still think that the case outlined in the OP is not a bug.

I remember back in Nighthold the guild that killed Astromancer first used an exploit to get the Boss adds outside the room and they would bug out. This whole issue is not new. You said they should make boss adds immune to fear then....but would that not equal removing fear from the game? And fear is not the only way to get a mob out of a room. There is a whole "category" of generally "unsafe" CCs (pushbacks, controls) should most mobs really be immune against that?

Sure, making them immune would certainly prevent the issue you encountered...but it would also just remove those abilities from the game. Currently you are allowed to use them but you should know as a player that they can screw you over totally.

Maybe that is subjective...but i kind of prefer it that way.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-03-06 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    You could argue that the oozes should not be able to go through closed doors while feared -
    You could except the doors are open not closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's absolutely possible. 67 is a lot of Reaping keys but some of the bugs are weird and finicky and rare.

I can't speak for Waycrest -- but as I mentioned I've had other fun bugs with bosses aggroing through walls this season -- but we had a trash pack come with a Reaping in Tol Dagor last week. I know no one in the party had pulled it because we were up top with the cannons and it was a pack from downstairs and I (as healer) had been able to successfully drink several times between downstairs and the cannon mobs up top. It didn't end up being a problem for us, but it did alert us to the fact it can happen.

We ran a second Tol Dagor later that same week and it didn't happen that time, so the bug is definitely inconsistent.
    prob only timed 35 of them. the first week was a bitch learning new routes for reaping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by craigw View Post
    prob only timed 35 of them. the first week was a bitch learning new routes for reaping.
    Well, more than me. Looks like I have 28 timed reaping keys this season, but I've still managed to see a couple ridiculous bugs.

(is there an easier way to check than just counting on raider.io? someone said wowprogress had counts but mine is superwrong)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Speaking of drinking as a healer. The week before last I ran Siege of Boralus and due to reaping, I was stuck in combat the entire run, couldn't drink. So that was interesting. Last week it happened again and we wiped on our way to the third boss, but was glad to be able to drink again. Have you had any similar issues?
    Had this issue a lot, found a work around, you pull extra packs to trigger the reaping before you cross the boat (before 2nd boss), so they don't get stuck in the boat and keep you in combat. It overcaps trash on non teeming by maybe 2-3%, but makes it less annoying. Otherwise you could check if you can go back through the boat if any reaping mobs are stuck there? I had some of them on a "stuck" run tp to us mid last boss and jump the healer, wasn't fun.

This week is teeming though so no idea where are the reaping breakpoints.

And waycrest / tol dagor yea had ppl pull mobs through the walls with halo, flamestrike, engi helmet, lazer matrix (back when it was used), starfall, frostwhelp dk trait and the dragon talent, all possible stuff. I expect similar stuff with reaping, someone hit aoe and it chained from reaping mob to non reaping mob and pulled them.

Well, more than me. Looks like I have 28 timed reaping keys this season, but I've still managed to see a couple ridiculous bugs.

(is there an easier way to check than just counting on raider.io? someone said wowprogress had counts but mine is superwrong)
    I just go by raider io.

Shit often pulls through walls on WCM. It's buggy as fuck but nowhere near the clusterfuck that is Tol Dagor.

Speaking of drinking as a healer. The week before last I ran Siege of Boralus and due to reaping, I was stuck in combat the entire run, couldn't drink. So that was interesting. Last week it happened again and we wiped on our way to the third boss, but was glad to be able to drink again. Have you had any similar issues?
    Siege is a bitch because of the 'normal' adds that can keep you in combat that entire run. I've had that as well in a +14 Siege. Didn't allow me to drink after the first boss was killed. Still managed to do it in time. Just got to be creative.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

15+ Year Old Account
    Certain trinkets from Uldir and priest talents used to aggro trash through the walls so it doesn't surprise me that it's still happening. They probably need to rebuild the dungeon to resolve it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Had this issue a lot, found a work around, you pull extra packs to trigger the reaping before you cross the boat (before 2nd boss), so they don't get stuck in the boat and keep you in combat. It overcaps trash on non teeming by maybe 2-3%, but makes it less annoying. Otherwise you could check if you can go back through the boat if any reaping mobs are stuck there? I had some of them on a "stuck" run tp to us mid last boss and jump the healer, wasn't fun.
    Yeah there's a lot of silly mobs in Siege especially that are "in combat" with other mobs for dramatic flair I guess. The whole area between the first boss and the 2nd is filled with them, some even in far spots that it's technically possible a wide aoe clipped them maybe?
    Thinking specifically the part where right after the first boss, groups usually kill the pack and then jump on the rocks next to the building to skip the horse mob, there's some packs to the right over the river fighting.

So I'm not surprised anymore when people get stuck in combat around that area.

Quote Originally Posted by You are wrong View Post
    Siege is a bitch because of the 'normal' adds that can keep you in combat that entire run. I've had that as well in a +14 Siege. Didn't allow me to drink after the first boss was killed. Still managed to do it in time. Just got to be creative.
    Kill the 2nd reaping pack before you cross the boats. The problem is that some of the reaping mobs get bugged with pathing.

And as a result they just stand on the initial side of the boat for the rest of the dungeon, looking at you and keeping you in combat. Sometimes they teleport to your healer on the bridge, most of the times they wont if you've already crossed.

The majority will still run over that area but some of them just run back and forth.

But if you kill the 2nd reaping pack before the boat and then start your 3rd reaping cycle a fresh on the other side, the problem is solved.

I meant the oozes and I feared them as my fade was down and had like 4 on me.
    Next time, instead of fearing mobs, bring them to the tank so they can grab aggro. The tank can't move off Raal during this fight because he will hit whoever is in melee if the tank isn't there. Be a good healer and don't run away from your tank if you have aggro - run to the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    Next time, instead of fearing mobs, bring them to the tank so they can grab aggro. The tank can't move off Raal during this fight because he will hit whoever is in melee if the tank isn't there. Be a good healer and don't run away from your tank if you have aggro - run to the tank.
    I didn't run from the tank and it's not unusual for ranged to "get aggro" with oozes there, or is it? I don't expect the tank to move off Raal, but some tanks do have aggro gaining abilities. Really though, DPS should probably be killing adds, and I stand by my previous statement regarding fears resetting Raal.

Are you a tank by any chance, because you sound salty.

It's absolutely possible. 67 is a lot of Reaping keys but some of the bugs are weird and finicky and rare.

I can't speak for Waycrest -- but as I mentioned I've had other fun bugs with bosses aggroing through walls this season -- but we had a trash pack come with a Reaping in Tol Dagor last week. I know no one in the party had pulled it because we were up top with the cannons and it was a pack from downstairs and I (as healer) had been able to successfully drink several times between downstairs and the cannon mobs up top. It didn't end up being a problem for us, but it did alert us to the fact it can happen.

We ran a second Tol Dagor later that same week and it didn't happen that time, so the bug is definitely inconsistent.
    You could still pull packs through walls/floors with cannon blasts in TD as of early this reset. Its a stupid issue to have in the game since release, but thats likely what pulled the extra mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't run from the tank and it's not unusual for ranged to "get aggro" with oozes there, or is it? I don't expect the tank to move off Raal, but some tanks do have aggro gaining abilities. Really though, DPS should probably be killing adds, and I stand by my previous statement regarding fears resetting Raal.

The adds should be brought to raal so they can be cleaved down... If you had agro, you should have run the 2seconds over to the boss so they could be cleaved down instead of having the dps run over to you and not killing the boss. And no, im not a tank. Im a dps that takes shit to the tank when i pull agro.

As for resetting, adds that are spawned by a boss are part of said boss. If a boss (or adds spawned by a boss) leave the boss's tether range, it will despawn. The same thing can happen when bad dps/healers run up the stairs with raptors on them during rezan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    You could still pull packs through walls/floors with cannon blasts in TD as of early this reset. Its a stupid issue to have in the game since release, but thats likely what pulled the extra mobs.

- - - Updated - - -

The adds should be brought to raal so they can be cleaved down... If you had agro, you should have run the 2seconds over to the boss so they could be cleaved down instead of having the dps run over to you and not killing the boss. And no, im not a tank. Im a dps that takes shit to the tank when i pull agro.

As for resetting, adds that are spawned by a boss are part of said boss. If a boss (or adds spawned by a boss) leave the boss's tether range, it will despawn. The same thing can happen when bad dps/healers run up the stairs with raptors on them during rezan.
    I'm a healer. When people need healing, I don't always have the time to stop casting and run to tank to bring him adds that dps should be handling.

Now if we're running through a dungeon and I accidentally pull mobs, then yes I'm going to run to the tank.

You are apologizing for poor design when you blame the victims of said poor design.

10+ Year Old Account
    In this case it was adds from way downstairs but I think it's safe to conclude both Waycrest and Tol Dagor are pretty buggy with pulls through walls.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I'm a healer. When people need healing, I don't always have the time to stop casting and run to tank to bring him adds that dps should be handling.

Now if we're running through a dungeon and I accidentally pull mobs, then yes I'm going to run to the tank.

You are apologizing for poor design when you blame the victims of said poor design.
    If you had agro on the slimes as you said and the tank had agro on the boss, you shouldnt need to heal anyone else. If you did as you imply, that means the dps was standing in avoidable damage and you were are making an excuse to justify their bad behavior.

You are deflecting blame for your bad call (fearing the mobs when tethering a boss or spawned adds will reset the boss). Pointing out known mechanics of any fight in the game is not victim blaming. But claiming it is, is having a victim mentality.

I mean I play all the roles in the game. I was just pointing out that the tanks can't actually move in this fight, even if they wanted to, because Raal can't move, and mobs like that will turn and melee the closest person if the tank moves out of range.

Move to the tank when you have aggro, it's one of the most basic concepts in the game but one that so many players don't do.
    Last edited by ydraw; 2019-03-12 at 01:26 AM.

If you had agro on the slimes as you said and the tank had agro on the boss, you shouldnt need to heal anyone else. If you did as you imply, that means the dps was standing in avoidable damage and you were are making an excuse to justify their bad behavior.

You are deflecting blame for your bad call (fearing the mobs when tethering a boss or spawned adds will reset the boss). Pointing out known mechanics of any fight in the game is not victim blaming. But claiming it is, is having a victim mentality.
    I already accepted blame for the reset. It doesn't invalidate any points I've made after that. I never excused dps taking unnecessary damage, but when you pug, it tends to happen. You're bothered by my complaint, excusing poor design and going on the offensive, but I can't point any of that out without being accused of having a victim complex. Let's agree to disagree.