Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's literally in the announcement text:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Two new Allied Races—the Kul Tiran humans and Zandalari trolls—join the Battle for Azeroth on March 13. If you’re ready to recruit them and have been thinking about using one of our optional character services to play one, for a limited time we’re making it a little easier for you to make the change.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    It's literally in the announcement text:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Two new Allied Races—the Kul Tiran humans and Zandalari trolls—join the Battle for Azeroth on March 13. If you’re ready to recruit them and have been thinking about using one of our optional character services to play one, for a limited time we’re making it a little easier to line our pockets from race changes because just letting you have the races on day 1 like we used to means we get less money.
    Fixed that ActiBlizz quote.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-11 at 10:15 PM.

first i've heard of this, hell yea incoming shaman race chance!

(pandaren to KT)
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

They could've not done so and plenty of player would still buy a race change. The only thing it does is make it easier for these players, while also possibly enticing those who were put off by the price to do the same. Giving players what they want at a discount is not a bad thing. Those who do not wish to racechange because they percieve the filling of this company's coffers as a bad thing will not do so with or without the discount. And yes, of course, it is meant to facilitate racechanges into the newly unlocked allied races.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's the surprise? It's a good strategy to make more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Fixed that ActiBlizz quote.
    Heh, I still remember the reason why the prices are so high, originally all these race changes, transfers, etc were done manually, so they had to keep them high, but they're going to lower them after they automated the whole thing, obviously, that never happened :V

Then came the excuse that they didn't want people to use said services too often, so the prices were kinda prohibitive.
    Last edited by ls-; 2019-03-11 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was gonna buy one regardless, so this is just a net positive for me. But of course, this is because Blizzard is greedy blah blah blah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone honestly surprised they'd pull a stunt like this though? They've teased and withheld these races for over half a year, and know people have been really looking forward to them. So of course they're going to offer "discounted" race changes right before they're released, because they know people are going to open up their wallets no matter how much Blizzard straight up scams them.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    A business wanting to encourage customers to buy their services? Ludicrous, I say!
    I dunno bro the timing seems pretty conspiratorial, it's almost like they want to incentivize customers to purchase their services by offering them at a discount right at the time when the services become more relevant because it would earn them a lot of money. I think, listen you should be sitting down for this, I think they might be an organization whose primary motivation is profit. I know. I know it's hard to accept. I used to think that blizzard was in the business solely for purposes of artistic integrity. So disappointing what is happening with big business these days, once upon a time they existed- bahahaha I can't keep a straight face. These people are hilarious.

People who were going to race change were going to regardless of the discount.
    Didn't really need to discount it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Anyone else feel like the timing of these race change discounts is far too convenient?

It seems like a ploy to try and boost Q1 2019 revenue after a tumultuous quarter by luring people into subscribing to take advantage of the racial discounts with the release of Zandalari Trolls and Kul'Tiran Humans.

Do you think this strategy will be effective?
    Seriously, you have to ponder about it? Of course it is to use the market for race change of the two new allied races coming out with 8.1.5. And yes, these numbers will be part of Q1 but considering how they ended 2018, it'll just be a method to throw out some extra PR to bring players to try the new ones.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

i don't think they would be offering this discount if subs were healthier.

this conveniently coincides with the 6 months boat mount promotion sub time running out for a lot of people too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear to god you people complain about everything. I was already going to buy two race changes tomorrow, now I get 3 for the same price. BLIZZARD BAD BOOHOO. If you can't control yourself when theirs a sale and instead sit there and blame Blizzard for "tricking you to buy with sales" just grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    I dunno bro the timing seems pretty conspiratorial, it's almost like they want to incentivize customers to purchase their services by offering them at a discount right at the time when the services become more relevant because it would earn them a lot of money. I think, listen you should be sitting down for this, I think they might be an organization whose primary motivation is profit. I know. I know it's hard to accept. I used to think that blizzard was in the business solely for purposes of artistic integrity. So disappointing what is happening with big business these days, once upon a time they existed- bahahaha I can't keep a straight face. These people are hilarious.
    I just can't take such threads seriously either. People would have opened their wallets for Allied races either now, now those who do get a discount, those who wouldn't get an incentive (how dare a company provide such a thing!) and Blizzard makes dosh.

Now if the complaint was that base services are too expensive then I could relate; a race change for the price of a good game on Steam? Yeah that's stupid. But the discount in and of itself? C'mon now. Sometimes I feel that Blizzard could send every WoW player a solid gold bar IRL and some would complain it was too heavy.

Yeah, let's make a big protest because Blizzard is giving us a discount on a paid service just in time when people will actually probably want to purchase that paid service.

Are you also up in arms when a chocolate bar is discounted in your local store because it's an obvious ploy to sell more chocolate bars?

F in hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Like if this was a week or a month after 8.1.5 release, I'd probably be salty about it, but they're literally giving everyone who already was going to race change (of which there are alot) a free 30% discount. Nothing to complain about here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    They could've not done so and plenty of player would still buy a race change. The only thing it does is make it easier for these players, while also possibly enticing those who were put off by the price to do the same. Giving players what they want at a discount is not a bad thing. Those who do not wish to racechange because they percieve the filling of this company's coffers as a bad thing will not do so with or without the discount. And yes, of course, it is meant to facilitate racechanges into the newly unlocked allied races.
    Nope, it entices a player to buy a 20$ token to pay 15$ for a race change...

I read the OP multiple times, and read most of the comments as well, and...I'm still missing the problem?

So, they finally give you Zandalari. A lot of people want them for some weird reason, even the people who are constantly on the forums shitting on the game, talking about how there's nothing to do, yada yada yada...Now, somehow, because your character will have slightly different pixels, the game will become great again. Okey, makes no sense, but fine.

In order to get Zandalari once they're released, you can either level one up (after the changes, leveling is EXTREMELY fast nowadays, plus you get heritage armor, if that's your thing), or you can race change to one. Before the sale, you would have to pay whatever the price is in your region. People who wanted Zandalari, and didn't want to level one up, would pay that price, regardless what it is. Now, they can save 30% of their money. Somehow, that is scum move by Blizzard. Why? Who the fuck knows.

Literally the only reason people complain, is because Blizzard will earn money. That's it. No other reason. Not a single soul will be hurt in the process, everyone will actually benefit (yes, Blizzard will benefit the most, tragic, I know), since they can save some money for something they were about to get anyway, and yet, people like OP will still find a reason to complain. It's the exact same story every time Blizzard does any kind of promotion, or, well, anything nowadays. Free boat? Bad, FORCING people to buy 6 months sub, obviously no one in their right mind would do it if not for boat. Shop mounts? Once again, FORCING people at gunpoint to buy them, even though, once again, no one in their right mind even wants those mounts. Hell, at this point, if Blizzard gave a free one year sub to everyone, people like OP and other mindless drones in this thread would STILL find a way to complain about it.

There's a lot of good points people make when they complain about the state of the game itself, but as far as complaining about stuff like sales on character services? Yeah, that's complaining for the sake of complaining. No rational arguments whatsoever. None.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A successful company tries to make more money... stop the presses

Good, I was going to pay full price to race change a max level to Zandalari anyway, better I pay less. Not everything is a conspiracy. Yes, the game is designed to make money, d'uh. Yes, I know it's sub-based, but race change is an option, not P2W. It's an expense I choose.