Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I mean, if you were a company, that suddenly gets hate from every corner, raising complaints and potentially making you lose tons of money. What short-term solution would you implement? Of course they are opting for retention methods.

I don't get why people get surprised about these things.

rage is the new cool, Mountain Dew could capitalize with a new flavor ....RAGE! gamer fuel is lame imo

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Yep and they'll say as per usual "MOST PROFITABLE QUARTER EVER" and then fire some more people.

Seriously these days the bulk of their profits has to be from services/mtx rather than a single months worth of subs.
    If you are gonna go spout bullshit, then just stop. They don't fire a bulk of people every quarter, and they certainly did not need all that extra customer support, considering that a large investment in the customer support department happened with the purpose of providing a better support base for future mobile games. But sure, keep bashing Blizz, while talking as if SE are saints, with their dogshit customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    It also coincides with the new 50 char realm cap. The discount applies to transfers as well as race changes.

Is it a shity business practice? Absolutely.

Blizzard knows what they're doing, but they also did not have to discount anything.
    Why do you think this is a shitty business practice?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maquegyver View Post
    They aren't dumb.

They lowered it just enough so that a $20 token on the AH covers the tax and cost. They want tokens moving and people buying.

Sure they have to make money but to not include a free race change with an xpac all about race changes is pretty insulting. Add onto that the release being perfectly so closely timed to come right after the 6 month runs out on the mount its pretty disgusting. Add onto that the delay on something heavily advertised in the BFA materials not coming until 6-7 months into the xpac... There was a time when the content of the actual game kept the money flowing. Now its the same as any other game. Just enough content to ride you out to the next cash grab.

That doesn't even touch the fact that there is just about 99% markup on these services. The labor is nearing 0 as its all automated by code paid for hundreds of time over over 12 years.
    so with fat humans not being done till around now would you rather they release a allied race only for the horde while they finish the alliance one or that they push them back even further because you don't want it near the 6 month run out?

10+ Year Old Account

That's gonna be a big oof and a yikes from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post

Bet you any money between now and May there is a new 6 month bait mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    personally i dont think its a shitty business practice, but i do think its a little shortsighted. What i mean is there are some quite serious concerns being raised by a large part of their community, and those players are going to see this as Blizzard chasing profits rather than listening to feedback and addressing concerns.

I dont really see those two things as related at all. I can understand how some are concerned that allied races, these 2 in particular, were extensively used to promote the expansion, but have been launched quite late into said expac. I can see how the timing Vs the 6month mount sub could be seen as interesting. I can see how the timing of the discount Vs the release of the races is pretty obvious.

I can see how some of the components on their own could raise some issues with some people, but i personally have no issue with them discounting the service to coincide with the launch of a new race. Im rambling, but what im saying is certainly if someone already has a suspicious / soured opinion of Blizzard, this will be used as fuel to their fire.

Others will simply say "oh cool, new race is out and it will be cheaper for me to race change! cool!"

Perception is everything with this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Let me clarify, the allied race system is a shity business practice. The post above mine reflects my thoughts pretty well.

Offering the discounts on the other hand is not. I have no issues with it and feel it was probably best for the consumer.
    Last edited by Melsiren; 2019-03-12 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

the last two are silly, fattys were never a launch race and the mount wasn't bait it was free unless your stupid enough to buy time for a game you don't enjoy for a mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a real shame, loyalty rewards are a good thing but, as always Blizzard take something and makes it their own.

For better, or (in this case) for worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

It's more about the realm char cap being raised. That will make money long term.

The Allied races were 100% implemented purely as a money-making endeavour used to boost revenue. But at least they are lowering the cost of race change, because I really want to change my DK to Tauren for the sweet AoE stun.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Oh nooooooooo, they're giving discounts and sales on something they know people are gonna want and get because of how anticipated the allied race release is. Those dastardly devils are charging you less for something that you're going to buy anyway. I know I meme on you guys and say "you'd complain if Blizz gave you free money because you wanted more" but here it is.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    It's a real shame, loyalty rewards are a good thing but, as always Blizzard take something and makes it their own.

For better, or (in this case) for worse.
    You know what?

I'm willing to go one better and say they take the piss and it's the bee mount in the next promo.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    rage is the new cool, Mountain Dew could capitalize with a new flavor ....RAGE! gamer fuel is lame imo
    You take that back, gamer fuel was the only flavor of mtn sugar that was worth drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    why would people rage ?
    Probably because the services are overpriced to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Well timed for Q1 earnings, sure.
    I find this the most bizarre cynicism.

First of all, no shit.

Second of all, this is beneficial for players too. It's not like they're suddenly letting you pay $10 and buy a piece of 425 gear before Q1 closes, this is mutually beneficial for Blizzard and the players.

Of course they knew that people were going to throw money at their screens for race changes. But would the steep cost keep people from doing it? Maybe. That 30% cut could make them more money in the long run. Seems pretty shitty to me.
    So, in your own words, this is a good move FOR THE PLAYERS. BUT, since it's also a good move for the company...that makes it a shitty move, despite players actually benefitting from it. Dafuq.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This is all pretty accurate. Obviously it is intended to make money, and the fanbois will say "hur dur they are a company they should be trying to make money" but the more level headed will realise short term gains is not the best way to increase overall profits, and customer satisfaction is extremely important. It is no coincidence that as large game companies reputations fall, so do their profits - and blizzard is FAR from the only company seeing this.
    You're forgetting the fact that people upset about this sale are the delusional ones, who would be upset even if Blizzard gave them one year of free sub. The "level headed" people realize that sure, it's a move mostly dictated by the company wanting to make profit, and yet...players themselves only benefit from it, while losing absolutely nothing, therefore there's ZERO reasons to be upset.

I'll take that bet.
    Last edited by Dziubla; 2019-03-12 at 01:56 AM.
    If the future is female...get ready for apocalypse.

still using facebook is the real yikes