Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    People wanted free transfers (2 or 3) between connected servers, instead we just have 30% ...
    Why would you need or want to transfer between connected servers? They're connected. And in the patch you can have up to 50 characters per server.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice return on players who buy tokens but I guess that's the point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Lol timegating all over again! Ahahahaha such a fail.
    Pretty sure almost everyone wanted Classic servers to be progressive, so that you do content in the same order it was released originally.

Classic didn't launch with all the patch content, it rolled out gradually over a few years.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Classic didn't launch with all the patch content, it rolled out gradually over a few years.
    Outrageous! Rabble rabble rabble!
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    They can create seasonal servers, that start every so often at "Classic Launch" and follow the same release plan, and then either get merged to the old servers that were already at the last content phase, or reset altogether after several months.

Or they can just ignore those people - it's not like Classic is a small secret project, I would guess the majority of people who have any interest in it have heard about it or will definitely hear about it before it's launched.

Of course there will be people with complains like that sooner or later, and if there are enough of them I'm sure they can consider starting a fresh server. Even without people complaining I think it could be a valuable tool in increasing WoW's value and longevity overall.
    As someone with countless twinks even back in Vanilla, I can tell you, that this would wear people out quickly. WoW isn't Diablo. I farmed BWL for 10 months without ever getting my T2 chestpiece as it dropped only once for my class. This is something I don't want to relive, especially on a regular basis.
    I really can't tell where this might be going. They could actually continue on with an alternate storyline, while staying true to classic WoW gameplay wise (but making all specs viable), incl. the classic skill trees. But some people might not like any change at all.

As a no-changes fanboy, I'm 100% on board with this.

Thank you to the Classic team for listening! I think this is a very reasonable approach to replicate the Vanilla progression.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Those two things arent mutually exclusive given how overly high their services still are even with the reduction.

Both of these things are true.
    The only part of your point I agree with is that premium services are overpriced.

The rest is rubbish.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by Goondicker View Post
    As a no-changes fanboy, I'm 100% on board with this.

Thank you to the Classic team for listening! I think this is a very reasonable approach to replicate the Vanilla progression.
    It'd be interesting if it was liked enough, they went back and rereleased each expansion on it, but reimagined to stay true to vanilla gameplay. TBC wouldn't change much, but WOTLK would never have LFG added etc.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

They need to bring back good gold missions so I can blow someone else's money on these services.

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    What news did you expect to get? They're re-releasing an old game, there is nothing new to be announced. Content plan is as good as it gets news-wise.

Beta date
    Release date
    Server strategy (# of servers, type of servers, # of each type)

Would be a good start.

15+ Year Old Account
    Curious about something; D1 and D2 collection prior to raiding. Are they going to be BIS or close to it prior to MC raiding? D2 set quest, as I remember it, is very costly and that was by BC standards when I was doing it just to have the set. See, I was transmogging before transmogging was cool.

Also, pallies and locks won’t have their class mounts (Fast speed ones.) until Dire Maul opens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    As someone with countless twinks even back in Vanilla, I can tell you, that this would wear people out quickly. WoW isn't Diablo. I farmed BWL for 10 months without ever getting my T2 chestpiece as it dropped only once for my class. This is something I don't want to relive, especially on a regular basis.
    I really can't tell where this might be going. They could actually continue on with an alternate storyline, while staying true to classic WoW gameplay wise (but making all specs viable), incl. the classic skill trees. But some people might not like any change at all.
    I feel you. I think even farming BWL at 90 for some T2 sets I had to run it at least 20 times to finish my warlock set. For some reason it really liked my hunter and basically finished it in 2 weeks.

Competing with an entire raid with maybe 4-6 others of your class and seeing one drop in 10 months would make me consider unsubbing.

Do you think we will see MC and ZG pugs?
    Or resistance gear is too much of a problem

Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    Alright, now I am laughing thank you..

And btw, don't take things so seriously. Also, you were full of assumptions. Let me guess, you are not big fan of Classic idea, right?
    Since this came thru before my ignore, let me answer it:
    You have just proven that you didn’t even read my whole post you quoted to start this issue. If you had you would have seen that I am happy for people getting Classic and hope it is a success. My criticism was never about Classic, in that post, and was directly about people who go into retail forums to criticize and hate on live for things like patch releases and not having everything available faster and then go into Classic forums to sing the praises of the exact same thing they just spewed hate against.
    You say I am full of assumptions, but what assumptions were those? Oh wait, I won’t see your reply. Let’s just leave it at this, nothing was assumed. You can literally go into Eleccybub’s post history and see where he hates on retail for things like raids being patch released and then comes into this forum and talks about how great it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Terracresta View Post
    Aye I mean in the really long-term, as more people might grow interest in playing through that content release progression.

New Classic-like content would be amazing to see but sadly I doubt it will ever happen. Moving onwards to Classic TBC is the most cost-effective and therefore most likely continuity, if we ever get any at all. (I hope that does happen, at least until Classic WotLK). Which would still be amazing, don't take me the wrong way, just not as interesting as fresh new content with Classic gameplay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Forum whiners: “Premium services are too expensive, Allied races are obvious race change bait”

*Blizzard literally reduces the cost of race changes as new allied races release*

Forum whiners: “Predatory practices!! Cash grab!!!”

Y’all need a reality check.
    No one is saying a sale is a bad thing. But they are not doing a sale because they're our friends or don't want us to spend so much money. They are doing it because it will increase the total amount of money they get.

It simply hints at further profit-oriented choices having too much of a grip on the game, which paired with the current atmosphere surrounding the game, and other similar decisions that have been plaguing the game, makes it only logical to expect such a perception from the playerbase..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    No one is saying a sale is a bad thing. But they are not doing a sale because they're our friends or don't want us to spend so much money. They are doing it because it will increase the total amount of money they get.

It simply hints at further profit-oriented choices having too much of a grip on the game, which paired with the current atmosphere surrounding the game, and other similar decisions that have been plaguing the game, makes it only logical to expect such a perception from the playerbase..
    Heaven forbid a business make a profit?!?
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    tbf, content in Classic is essentially 6 months spent levelling followed by collecting resistance gear, which is fine if you like that sort of thing.
    Lol 6 days maybe. This entire levelling took half your life myth will be put to rest when there are guilds at Mac level in a few days..

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    Lol 6 days maybe. This entire levelling took half your life myth will be put to rest when there are guilds at Mac level in a few days..
    Yeah I don't doubt there will be. But the average - dare I even say it - regular player will be slogging uphill for weeks/months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane-Thunder-God View Post
    Imagine being excited about grinding old content you did 14 years ago all over again...

Hahahha they can MISS ME WID IT

So when's 8.2?
    I'm going to laugh when classic kills BfA and your LFR queue goes to 3+ hours.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    tbf, content in Classic is essentially 6 months spent levelling followed by collecting resistance gear, which is fine if you like that sort of thing.
    Actually, a favourite way to pass time on Private servers is to speed level and do timed clears on the raid content.

What innovative concepts!

Whilst it's nice to see them going with the tiered release of the content rather than dropping it all in one go, one can't really be happy for the crowd that's been so toxic for all these years and, no doubt, will continue to be. "Classic will be more popular than Retail!" huh? Because we all know how long the goodwill of WoW fans tend to last, especially when there's no more content on the close horizon. The entitlement and criticism will kick in soon enough.

And no matter how one spins it, Classic will still be populated by players of today, not 2004.