Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    Anything cheaper than what we pay now would cut the quality of the game in half, despite whatever TF people's opinion of the quality is now. TBH 100% if BliZz would hire more devs and give me even more content, I'd throw 30 dollors a month at them. WOW for a month is still cheaper than going out to the movies once a month. Witch averages around $50. WTF is wrong with ppl. Don't you have money (insert don't you have a phone), JK.
    There are other games that exist than just WoW. 30 dollars is the price of a full game on steam. For 30 dollars i would be able to sub to FF14 and ESO. Netflix is 12 dollars a month and look at all of the content there. There are tons of services that ask me to pay a monthly fee. If I bought every monthly service I thought "looks cheap compared Ron movie theater!" I'd go broke.You are saying WoW should cost 360 dollars a year in sub fees? You realize that is the cost of 6 copies of RDR2?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-03-12 at 05:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Except ESO expansions are patches in other MMOs.
    Yea, sure, I'm not buying that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    There are other games that exist than just WoW. 30 dollars is the price of a full game on steam. For 30 dollars i would be able to sub to FF14 and ESO. Netflix is 12 dollars a month and look at all of the content there. There are tons of services that ask me to pay a monthly fee. You are saying WoW should cost 360 dollars a year in sub fees? You realize that is the cost of 6 copies of RDR2?
    Who the fuck buys 6 copies of RDR2 when 1 is enough...?

You must be the only person in existence who finds everything on Netflix to be worth your sub. I for one have use for the feature far less than I do WoW.

A "full game on steam" doesn't say much on a subjective level. There are free games of steam too, so why spend money on WoW at all?

360 USD in a year on WoW would still be cheaper than my other hobbies. I don't want the sub to go up like that, but it'd still be well worth it for the amount of time and enjoyment I get. I'm probably not alone in seeing that. Others think current price is too much and don't spend any time nor money on it. Different strokes.

As someone who has posted about the payment model in the past, I think the sub thing is still fine, especially since it pays for classic too soon, so the sub thing really makes more sense.

However, I don't think we should be charged for expansions anymore, nor should the price have went up 10 dollars awhile back on that and the Virtual Ticket (but that's another matter).

Both sub + game box aren't necessary.

If we drop "price" subject from discussion. How OP thinks this will work?

Let's imagine there are 1000 players split among different patches, this means that Developers will have to support, develop and fix different versions of patch concurrently because bugfixes will still be relevant and include them behind paywall will mean death of a game.

Not to mention that stat balance will be different for different patches and this will split community even more leading to even less people to PVP and PVE with.

What's the logic in the OP?
    When a player quits EVE and goes to WoW, the average IQ in both games increases.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Yea, sure, I'm not buying that.
    Yeah, two dungeon DLC for $15 is totally not patch worthy content in normal games. Or two zones and one raid as a paid major expansion.
    Last edited by Rogalicus; 2019-03-12 at 06:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Except, ESO doesn't charge for patches...
    Lets be honest. WoWs large patches are every bit as big as ESOs smaller scale expansions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    If we drop "price" subject from discussion. How OP thinks this will work?

Let's imagine there are 1000 players split among different patches, this means that Developers will have to support, develop and fix different versions of patch concurrently because bugfixes will still be relevant and include them behind paywall will mean death of a game.

Not to mention that stat balance will be different for different patches and this will split community even more leading to even less people to PVP and PVE with.

What's the logic in the OP?
    Clearly you havent heard of ESO. They do EXACTLY what i suggested.

I feel like in all honesty this would be a way to completely destroy the game lol.

I'd rather keep paying the sub than pay for things seperately like.. 8.1 and 8.15 and all that. Neither of those patches have imo been worth paying for. They have added very little to the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Yeah, two dungeon DLC for $15 is totally not patch worthy content in normal games. Or two zones and one raid as a paid major expansion.
    A patch like 8.2 is surely worth 20 dollars in a world with no sub. It has 2 zones, 1 raid, 1 mega dungeon etc and they are promising to change a ton of stuff and revamp world content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I feel like in all honesty this would be a way to completely destroy the game lol.

I'd rather keep paying the sub than pay for things seperately like.. 8.1 and 8.15 and all that. Neither of those patches have imo been worth paying for. They have added very little to the game.
    Did you read it all? I clearly said when wows on deaths door. If this happens, the games already dead, and this is an attempt to revitalize the game.

Then by definition it wouldn't be free to play.

For example - if a patch comes out every 3 months, you would be required to pay $20 every three months to play.

i.e. not free to play.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't work. They would just piss off the rest of the fanbase. Even though the community is already pissed off aswell.

Was wondering wtf you were on about saying FTP, as in File Transfer Protocol.

Most people say F2P...

Anyways, I avoid F2P games like the plague.

It effectively is like that already. When people resubscribe for a new patch, they pay $15, so they are effectively paying $15 for the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Minor patches are free. Major patches cost 20 dollars. Expansions still exist at 50 dollars.

For 20 dollars you get the .2 and 3s of an expansion. They would also of course put even more mounts on the store as well as other new cosmetic things. Probably add housing and sell housing stuff on the store. New hair dyes/armor dyes for dyeable armor. All armor on the store and most newer raid/pvp armor is dyeable.

This isnt something I see them doing soon, but 5-10 years down the road when the playerbase shrinks enough. Would you still support the game/be interested in coming back if the base game was free.
    Noooope, I'd rather just subscribe and buy the expansion when it comes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If i'm paying less money, then yes I'd welcome it.

"what if..."
    Blizzard starts making games and focus on quality content in wow.
    We don't need another monetization model.

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    So in other words what if the game wasn't ftp and instead costed even more than it does now
    Are we doing the same math? Take Legion for example: 50 for the expansion and 20 per major patch would've been 110. In reality we paid 50 for the expansion and 15 a month for 24 months which was 410.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalorakk View Post
    "What if WoW adopted GW2's failing system"

Yeah... no.
    It is working as intended for a game which has F2P and B2P model with Free updates only for the Story if you log for them and B2P story if you don't log.It is not mendatory to have.It is not a failing system when every patch is free of charge not costing the player anything.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

If that was the case we'd be getting patches every other week lol
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    So in other words what if the game wasn't ftp and instead costed even more than it does now
    Seems like it would cost less. Its roughly $15 a month, but a theoretical patch costs $20 which happens every 6months to a year.