Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah I don't doubt there will be. But the average - dare I even say it - regular player will be slogging uphill for weeks/months.
    Don't remember how long it took me to level my very first character when I was a complete noob but on every other character after that dinged level 60 in Winterspring in 4 days played just doing normal quests and natural dungeon progression. It's not hard to reach max level in 4 days in Classic.
    Last edited by Sensa1; 2019-03-12 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Yeah I don't doubt there will be. But the average - dare I even say it - regular player will be slogging uphill for weeks/months.
    Average / regular players won't even play Classic, not as more than an idle pastime anyway. They simply will not really exist like they did back then.

IB4 "I'm casual and I'll play it." We'll see how much of the casual player base plays this for more than a week. It won't be many.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good. I hope those phases are long!

But I think it will be hard for guilds to manage to have 40+ active players, when most are playing retail.

Even retail guilds are struggling. Used to get invites all the time when leveling alts, and now I've seen zero invites in whole 1-120 experience. And all guilds my toons are in, that used to be very popular, are also totally dead now.

So sounds like pugging will be required. At least the mechanics are simple in most encounters.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2019-03-12 at 06:56 AM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

15+ Year Old Account
    I like this plan. Blizzard is pretty much doing what I've suggested in this forum, lol.
    1.12 patch - check
    Classic sub included with standard sub - check
    Phasing to handle huge spike at classic release - check
    Staggered content release - check

I've also suggested removal of crossrealm BGs fyi

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EternalBany View Post
    Do you think we will see MC and ZG pugs?
    Or resistance gear is too much of a problem
    You don't really need res gear for MC. Maybe as a tank.

Huh why DM is not availiable at launch.. In EU is was availiable at launch ffs, DM are the best classic dungeons with BRD, thanks USA players...

Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    You know what I find funny? When people say they want no changes. They want to experience Vanilla like it was, when Vanilla was bad. It had good moments but it was horribly designed. Half the specs didn't really work.. And let's not forget those ninja looters. I hope Classic can fix these issues. Plus who wants to fight over mobs with a million people, cause you know day 1 is gonna be insane.

Anyways, I think the schedule looks good. I just don't know what I want to play.
    Yeah to be honest I would prefer something like remastered version instead of perfect copy of vanilla at 1.12. At the end a lot of stuff was rushed up and not very well balanced or coherent. During its lifetime there were many updates and changes. These changes would continue if TBC didn't come up.

It's like people wanting to play Diablo LoD 1.07. While they could play 1.14. which is fairly better tuned up.

Better itemization. So I can actually progress with spec I want.
    Better spec balance. Some specs are more like filler tress in vanilla instead of full-featured specs.
    More reasonable quest rewards. Seriously, why quest which makes you to run over half of the world gives you same reward as quest which requires you to kill 10 monsters which are all around you?

Too bad there is so many stubborn people.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I don't like doing any of that so there is no content.

/s
    This is a classic post, shitting on one game or another is stupid for both sides, correcting you "there is no content that you like" that doesn't mean that there is not content bad or good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully they'll be spread over a few years.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I like it. Certainly alleviated some concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstalker View Post
    Name that juicy classic content that you will get besides a few raids and 3 5mans?
    The AQ opening, one major grind event?
    You don't like Classic, that's your right.
    Now can you just go back to BfA forums instead of pointlessly trolling here ?

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    People wanted free transfers (2 or 3) between connected servers, instead we just have 30% ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    You're delusional if you thought free transfers were going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Forum whiners: “Premium services are too expensive, Allied races are obvious race change bait”
    *Blizzard literally reduces the cost of race changes as new allied races release*
    Forum whiners: “Predatory practices!! Cash grab!!!”
    Y’all need a reality check.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyminator View Post
    People that were planning to race change would probably do it regardless of the sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Those two things arent mutually exclusive given how overly high their services still are even with the reduction.

Both of these things are true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Why would you need or want to transfer between connected servers? They're connected. And in the patch you can have up to 50 characters per server.
    The only part of your point I agree with is that premium services are overpriced.

The rest is rubbish.
    Heaven forbid a business make a profit?!?
    Can you please bring back your shit about BfA in the appropriate forum, because I certainly don't read Classic forums to read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Or because when you kill immersion, player agency and major RPG aspects of the game for the sake of removing any danger, creating endless carrot-on-stick chases and streamlining everything, it becomes a soulless shell of barely decent "action" gameplay that isn't engaging in the long-term, much less what one who played earlier versions of WoW could even consider a MMORPG.

Don't get me wrong, BfA is not bad. I think it's ok, though it could be much better if class design was more akin to anywhere between WotLK and MoP (hell, even WoD), if the reward system was better (emblems/valor points please), if there was less RNG on loot (or if random improvements to loot were obtainable deterministicly - again, valor points please) and if content wasn't so streamlined and gated.

Even then, it would still be a very different beast of a game overall, despite having the same core.
    Agreed with you, except on two things, people had danger in BFA at the start, there was a point leveling that if you were naive you could die, I actually liked that, unlike many people. Having to use CD's to survive 3-4 mobs is something I haven't done since... lich king maybe?

I understand tho, that after leveling one character it becomes a hassle.

And the other thing would be fury warrior, I'm loving it I've never been interested in any dps spec for raiding (I've always been a healer) but Fury got me, It's simple I know but I don't know I feel like a god! And it actually does good dps and I'm not even min-maxing everything. I know that you didn't mean all the classes but I had to say it! I'm in love! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You don't like Classic, that's your right.
    Now can you just go back to BfA forums instead of pointlessly trolling here ?

Can you please bring back your shit about BfA in the appropriate forum, because I certainly don't read Classic forums to read this.
    This was the appropriate forum, genius. They put the two news articles together.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    I'm going to laugh when classic kills BfA and your LFR queue goes to 3+ hours.
    I'm already laughing that you think you hardcore players outnumber the number of casual players looool you actually think Grindy old Wow is gonna kill retail WoW which has so many quality of life improvements loool You're straight up Delusional.

Heaven forbid a business make a profit?!?
    Heaven forbid someone makes game because they want to make a game, and not because they want to keep alive an interface for payment systems with the sole purpose of making the absolute most money possible.

Don't strawman. No one is complaining about them making profit. People complain / are concerned because they perceive that the profit is the driving factor. Good games come from developers who want to make good games, and then find ways to make them economically viable. Not from developers who are forced to generate X amounts of money, and then build a game around that.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2019-03-12 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    This was the appropriate forum, genius. They put the two news articles together.
    Good point, I'm a fucking idiot too used to see people trolling on Classic forum and didn't manage to notice it was "news".

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    There will be few if any "regular" players or the equivalent of someone new to MMOs entirely playing classic. It will be a bunch of current or past regular players who already know the gist of the game and there will be a bunch of elitist hardcores plowing to be "first" to redo what the fuck ever. Just like on the EQ progression servers.

No content will last unless it's mathematically locked up because there are tons of people with experience with that content and all the info you'd ever need sitting on the web.

The ludicrous notion that people will get caught up "exploring" something that is 14 years old and that most of the people dabbling in have seen in one form or another is laughable. A lot will race through it, a few will try it and find it tedious and an even smaller number of people will proclaim the miserableness of it all to be the best thing ever.

On the whole it will be a short lived niche novelty for most and a refuge for a few people who get an ego boost from playing a video game that is "hard" because it is time consuming if you don't know what the fuck you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post

On the whole it will be a short lived niche novelty for most and a refuge for a few people who get an ego boost from playing a video game that is "hard" because it is time consuming if you don't know what the fuck you're doing.
    I see it as a curiosity mostly. I agree with your assessment, but there's one group you've omitted though - I can see it being popular with a subset of roleplayers, but they won't be racing to anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Why would you need or want to transfer between connected servers? They're connected. And in the patch you can have up to 50 characters per server.
    Because I'm a lazy person and I want ALL of my characters on ONE realm now that it's extended to 50.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Because I'm a lazy person and I want ALL of my characters on ONE realm now that it's extended to 50.
    We should get something like that: 1 free transfer (or race/faction change) for every 30 days subbed. Blizz would still get money from whales, but patient (and loyal) players would slowly transfer their chars to different server.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    News flash!

This thread isn't in the classic forum! It's news that covers other topics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Heaven forbid someone makes game because they want to make a game, and not because they want to keep alive an interface for payment systems with the sole purpose of making the absolute most money possible.

Don't strawman. No one is complaining about them making profit. People complain / are concerned because they perceive that the profit is the driving factor. Good games come from developers who want to make good games, and then find ways to make them economically viable. Not from developers who are forced to generate X amounts of money, and then build a game around that.
    Please... Developers are more than capable of making a game both because they love it and also to make a profit. It's not a one or the other type of deal...
    Here is something to believe in!