Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Did Sylvanas never expect this to happen? Maybe Derek is a dormant agent.
    Imho Sylvanas absolutely predicted this. I even say she wanted this to happen in order to make it seem 100% real, Baine is only a clueless pawn.

Derek has been surely brainwashed or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    Kill Baine, kill Baine, kill Baine.

For the love of god just make him a dungeon mob before a boss. Maybe dangle him there like strung up meat before we raid Sylvanas. Cause lord knows Blizzard can't write the Horde worth shit since WC3.
    Why? Of all the characters in this expansion, his character is the only one consistent. He rebelled against Garrosh when Garrosh went insane, why wouldn't he do it again?

alliance is playing boat simulator, cant wait to experience the content

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Babes only real problem is unlike carine he won’t just stand up to sylvanas. Carine did it because he though garrosh did something bad but sylvanas has been doing worse then garrosh ever did and bane still doesn’t act.
    Well, he act, he questions her actions, etc. He just doesnt do mak'gora. Which is propably smart because Sylvanas would laught it off/kill him outright with forsaken spawns/cheat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Imho Sylvanas absolutely predicted this. I even say she wanted this to happen in order to make it seem 100% real, Baine is only a clueless pawn.

She also predicted losing valkyrs :P

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Remember when Blizzard knew how to write good stories?
    Mandatory bitch post from Eleccybubb under news - checked.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Why? Of all the characters in this expansion, his character is the only one consistent. He rebelled against Garrosh when Garrosh went insane, why wouldn't he do it again?
    Since WoD (maybe even before, Cata?) It's becoming more and more apparent that Blizzard isnt just bad at writing "hopelessly complicated" Horde facets that should make them the misunderstood savage races that make up the Horde, but they just don't even wanna try. And Baine just giving up their assets as opposed to building him to a foil to Nathanos and bring the Forsaken a more grounded leadership when Sylvanas finally kicks it. This is on top of literally any and all advantages Blizzard gave them right off the boat. A solid naval military? Not anymore, raised into oblivion. How about that destructive water wand? Nah, Alliance gets to keep that as it belong to them. Oh, and they got the pleasure of killing your racial leader before he allied himself to the cause.

Bit hey, we got knaifu coming right? Wait, it could just be the right plot device to turn Sylvanas into a Horde enemy too, so Horde may not even get that benefit down the road.

Even with their horrible writing talent, it comes off obviously avoidant to plaster the whole ensemble that is the Horde as a bunch of mustachioed mice placating Dick Dastardly levels of villainy. That or a tool for the self-righteous Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Remember when Blizzard knew how to write good stories?
    Remember when your opinion had any value? Oh that's right... It never had any!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Well, he act, he questions her actions, etc. He just doesnt do mak'gora. Which is propably smart because Sylvanas would laught it off/kill him outright with forsaken spawns/cheat.

- - - Updated - - -

She also predicted losing valkyrs :P
    True he does act a bit I just wish he did more, he acts more like a Nobel man with no power instead of the leader of abunch of massive cows to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    True he does act a bit I just wish he did more, he acts more like a Nobel man with no power instead of the leader of abunch of massive cows to me.
    He is a leader of a bunch of massive cows which have more in common in temperament with domestic cows than with minotaurs. So he try to find peaceful solution. Also, those massive cows were nearly wiped out by centaurs. I dont know how long taurens live but it was 13y? since that. A one generation?

Not much he can do, if they assault outright, even if taurens were minotaurs they would be killed, and problem with every undead army is that every loss for the oponents is one extra soldiers for them. Which Sylvanas has no problem doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do like having Baine do stuff, regardless of what it is.

It would be sad if this blow back in Baine face and result that Derek is already a sleep agent.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Because hes an idiot. Sylvanas does something terrible in a war, as the leader of a militant faction who is trying to establish security of its boarders through any means.

THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS IN WAR.

They have been fighting the humans and dying has been happening on both sides constantly. So because a lot of it happen at once, its suddenly not war ?

Baine and Cairne knew what they were getting into when they joined the horde. The Alliance is just as cruel at times, especially to Non-human like races.

Baine, how bout you explain to me how you humanely use that tree on your back to smash peoples faces in?

I'm not saying Sylvanas is a saint. I'm saying her actions are fitting for a leader trying to destroy her enemies so her people will survive.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Poor Baine, he is such a cute bull.

That dagger in the back foreshadowing, omg don't make Jaina lose anybody else, she's suffered enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post

I think so too.

I'll say this much:

Blizzard's animation department is getting *really* good at these cinematics. And while I don't necessarily like the broader "character" of Baine, I do quite like the voice-actor they've chosen.

I suspect Derek is some kind of sleeper agent, already corrupted by Sylvanas and will wind up being "triggered" to attack Jaina, at which point her mother will 'take the bullet' for her. Just how I envision this is going to go.

As far as Baine's fate... not quite sure. Part of me kind of hope he dies, just so a more no-nonsense Tauren can take his place (but NOT Magatha; she's irredeemable in my book). On the other hand, I could also seem something occurring like Sylvanas deciding the best way to punish Baine -- who is clearly ready to give his own life -- is to murder his friends and/or family in front of him. Something to really make him "snap", and become the mighty warrior that the Tauren so desperately need to represent them. Maybe even have him harness the power of his ancestors, "powering up" a bit as a proper Chieftain? (could also be a good reason to give him a visual upgrade; something about him being so pale looks funny to me)

Just my two cents.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Because hes an idiot. Sylvanas does something terrible in a war, as the leader of a militant faction who is trying to establish security of its boarders through any means.

THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS IN WAR.

They have been fighting the humans and dying has been happening on both sides constantly. So because a lot of it happen at once, its suddenly not war ?

Baine and Cairne knew what they were getting into when they joined the horde. The Alliance is just as cruel at times, especially to Non-human like races.

Baine, how bout you explain to me how you humanely use that tree on your back to smash peoples faces in?

I'm not saying Sylvanas is a saint. I'm saying her actions are fitting for a leader trying to destroy her enemies so her people will survive.
    Except Anduin had no intention of going after the Horde until they attacked Darkshore and Teldrassil. What danger was she in, exactly? Her actions cost her hundreds of Horde lives, plus an entire capital city and territory.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    He is a leader of a bunch of massive cows which have more in common in temperament with domestic cows than with minotaurs. So he try to find peaceful solution. Also, those massive cows were nearly wiped out by centaurs. I dont know how long taurens live but it was 13y? since that. A one generation?

Not much he can do, if they assault outright, even if taurens were minotaurs they would be killed, and problem with every undead army is that every loss for the oponents is one extra soldiers for them. Which Sylvanas has no problem doing.
    I was more so thinking he’d pull the cows out of he horde officially for the time being make it a bit show that the cows won’t stand for the way the horde is going instead of making it just him solo dropping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    I'm pretty pleased with this. I don't get the hatred of Baine. He is a Tauren. They are benevolent creatures that are strong but slow to act. That may frustrate us as humans.
    MMO-C as a whole is full of circlejerking edgelords who over-inspect story elements until they can twist them to fit a narrative where their perspective on BfA makes sense.

Tauren are the only race acting somewhat appropriately in response to being led by an almost unquestionably evil undead tyrant, of course people are going to shit all over them.

She wouldn't even have to cheat. She's the only faction leader on the Horde side that has superpowers.

why would you kill baine? Are you absolutely bonkers? Baine, aside from Saurfang, is the only one who isn't cool with Sylvanas LITERALLY PLAGUING HER OWN FUCKING TROOPS.

I'm so tired of Sylvanas support, or anti-Baine. The dude is doing what's right. None of these people asked to be raised as an undead to feed Sylvanas' army.

Edit: Just so it's clear, I feel like between the current trajectory of Sylvanas, Saurfang, and Baine; Blizzard is setting up a situation where the factions are super closely aligned to a point where the factions lines are completely blurred. Giving way to a single faction as we continue to progress through the story, with PvP being considered wargames, or PvP being outlaws of the faction.

I for one welcome our new single global order.
    Last edited by tehdef; 2019-03-12 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Did Sylvanas never expect this to happen? Maybe Derek is a dormant agent.
    My money is on Derek becoming a lightforged undead (Jaina says she'll be taking him to see Calia, after all).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehdef View Post
    Baine, aside from Saurfang, is the only one who isn't cool with Sylvanas LITERALLY PLAGUING HER OWN FUCKING TROOPS.
    What, has he actually said something about it in the new patch? Better late than never, I suppose.

They need to stop hiring 12 year olds to write the scripts...