Poll: Favourite architectural style

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Which races architectural style is your favourite?

Wow boasts one of the best and most unique architectural styles for fantasy races, they really treid something unique for many of the groups they portray.

Blizzard go one step further, with all the core races, having a variety of architectural styles both for small settings, cities, but also other factions/sub-factions or sub-races of them giving them a range that really reflects the complexities of what a race would be as a nation.

Which is your favourite?

Human - Stormwind, Theramore, Gilneas, Boralus City, Lordaeron, Dalaran, Wintergarde

Orcish - Orgrimmar, Grommash Hold, Hellfire Citadel, Iron Docks, Black Rock Foundry , Gorramor

Thalassian Elven: Silvermoon, Quel'danas, Fairbreeze Village, Tranquilien, Magisters Terrace, Dawnspire

Night Elven: Suramar, Zin'Azshari, Darnassus, Eldre'thalas, Tel'anor, Shal'anir, Feathermoon/Moonguard/Black Rook, CoEN

Undead: Naxxaramas, Brill, Icecrown Citadel, Deatholme, Ebon Hold, UnderCity,

Troll: Dazar'alor Atal'dazar, Zul'aman, Zul'Gurub, Zul'drak, Echo Isles,

Goblin: Kezan, Undermine, Ratchet, Gadgetzan, Everlook, Bilgewater Harbor

Gnome: Gnomeragon, Mechagon, Ulduar Workshop

Draenei: Exodar City, Shattrath WoD & Outland, Karabor, Auchindouin, Mac'aree, Elodor, Telaar, Embaari

Tauren: Thunderbluff, Highmountain, Taunk'ale, Icemist, Turajo,

Dwarf: Ironforge, Grim Batol, Aries Peak, Thaurissian City, Shadowforge City, Thelsamar. Kharanos

Pandaren: Shrine of the two moons/Seven Stars - all the villages

Titan: Ulduar, Uldaman, Uldir, Seat of the Pantheon, Wyrmest Temple

Ogre: Highmaul, Bladespire citadel

Naga: Zoram strand, Nazjatar, the Eternal Palace.

Elementals Firelands
    Vortex Pinnacle
    Deepholm
    Abyssal Maw

Vrykul
    Nerubian (scourge variant)
    Tol'vir
    Arrakoa: Spires of Arak, Skettis
    Last edited by Beloren; 2019-03-14 at 11:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I am a huge fan of the Mogu style of architecture. Shrine of Two Moons/Seven Stars are made by Mogu but reclaimed by Pandaren by the way. But I am also quite a fan of those small Pandaren houses and huts. They are very cosy.
    Zandalari also got a really nice style, both in BfA and our first look at them back in MoP.
    Vrykul and Titan architecture is also really cool.

In general I find something I like in every race's architecture style.

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    I am a huge fan of the Mogu style of architecture. Shrine of Two Moons/Seven Stars are made by Mogu but reclaimed by Pandaren by the way. But I am also quite a fan of those small Pandaren houses and huts. They are very cosy.
    Zandalari also got a really nice style, both in BfA and our first look at them back in MoP.
    Vrykul and Titan architecture is also really cool.

In general I find something I like in every race's architecture style.
    Damn, I forgot Vrykul... meh.. you always forget something in these polls.

10+ Year Old Account
    The architecture from one faction to the other change a lot, i mean... i don't really like most human architecture but i do love Gilneas, and i don't really like the Scourge way of building stuff but really like the Forsaken architecture after Cata, at least Thalassian architecture is the same almost everywhere (they only change the color)

I enjoy a lot of the aesthetics, but if I had to pick a favorite, it'd still have to be the Iron Horde. It has that right mix of #savagery and industrialization. But there's really very few races where I outright dislike the style, in fact I'm straining to pick any off the top of my head.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Damn, I forgot Vrykul... meh.. you always forget something in these polls.
    There are so many factions and styles you are bound to forget a few

5+ Year Old Account
    Mogu, Ogre and the new Kul Tiran stuff are my favorites. Mogu and Ogre architecture are top notch high fantasy, with Highmaul sadly lacking some polish. Boralus is the first small town that rather feels like someone could live there, than being a abstraction limited by Blizzard's approach to world design.

Quote Originally Posted by George Lucas View Post
    Mogu, Ogre and the new Kul Tiran stuff are my favorites. Mogu and Ogre architecture are top notch high fantasy, with Highmaul sadly lacking some polish. Boralus is the first small town that rather feels like someone could live there, than being a abstraction limited by Blizzard's approach to world design.
    Yeh.. Ogre and Human architecture has that real fantasy edieval feel of castles and fairy tale human kingdom.

the Night elf and Thalassian elf really come off as high fantasy.

Draenei - is really innovative, alien, yet still fantasy, same with Naga.

Naaru feels very spacey

Trolls, Elves, Mogu and Vortex pinnacle are very nice

Trolls(duh!), Mogu/Pandaren, Tauren (their tipis are super cozy!), Naga and Vortex/Abysall Maw.
    When it comes to elves I like their wooden houses, the high posh stuff was never up to my taste so belves/shelves are off.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Voted 'other' for the Tol'vir, since it is different enough to be distinct from other titan architecture, although it's pretty close for me. I'm a sucker for the 'Ancient Technology' fantasy trope, and I love the pseudo-Egyptian trope as well. They get both. Ahn'Qiraj was my favorite zone and dungeon for a very long time, with a close second in Uldaman and third in Ulduar. Seeing it all lead to Uldum was a dream come true for me, and I really hope we get to explore more of Southern Kalimdor in the future.

-Trolls because of the golden city, Zul'aman and echoes islands are a wonder.

-Draenei their architectura is very alien and yet has the feeling of magic from a sword and sorcery world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Voted for nightelf. Thalassian may have been my pick, but it looks old and clunky ingame.
    The concept art for the next naga stuff is amazing, if they represent it like this in the game its probably my favorite.
    Honorable mention to goblins. I kinda like the dirty crazy stuff they build.

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Nightelven architecture by such a far margin it isnt even funny, which is just one more reason its so obnoxious that Blizz keeps ruining it all. >.<

But I do love Thalassian/Gilnean and even Forsaken. They all have a "feel" and invoke more of a sense of dwelling than the generic grey rock fort of the Alliance and the Mud hut with spikes, now sometimes with black metal spikes Aesthetic we are forced to eat everytime we need an "AvH" setting.

Night elf architecture is brilliant and one of Blizzard's best creations. I genuinely think much of WoW's success is due to how appealing the night elf starting zone/experience was. Human art is great too. It's interesting because neither are all that original, but Blizzard really did it right playing around with proportions etc.

Personally I also really like undead architecture and culture. The worst is probably orc architecture and culture which did not exceed its lack of originality like the art of other races.

Nerubian. Which in turn was also copied by the Scourge

10+ Year Old Account
    Dwarf, nothin like fortresses inside mountains.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lack of Vrykul on the list, so i voted other. But know that my Other is VRYKUL.

Second would be Scourge.

Edit: Gilnean is also quite unique, very gothic n such.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Night elf architecture is brilliant and one of Blizzard's best creations. I genuinely think much of WoW's success is due to how appealing the night elf starting zone/experience was. Human art is great too. It's interesting because neither are all that original, but Blizzard really did it right playing around with proportions etc.

Personally I also really like undead architecture and culture. The worst is probably orc architecture and culture which did not exceed its lack of originality like the art of other races.
    Night Elven was pretty original, friend. Japanese architecture blended seamlessly with the traditional 'wood elf' was already interesting, but they spiced it up by throwing around ancient greek in the form of the ancient night elf ruins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pandarian Jinyu. I think even the Jinyu 's mailboxes are beautiful.

But for playable race, I vote Tauren because of nostalgia and the music, and the peaceful vibe it gives me.

I have a soft spot for Tuskar 's settlements as well.
    Last edited by Jekyll; 2019-03-13 at 03:59 AM.