Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Im a little disappointed that he doesnt seem as grand as it should be. I wasnt expecting botw, but a soft reboot like bw and xenoblade 2 like open areas. I just hope its not boring like gen 7.

I WILL read all the dialogue in a scottish accent like the posh prim an propa cheeky tart i am
    Nia VA to voice irn bru girl or riot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I hope theres at least some voice acting. Gf need to realize they arent stuck in the gameboy era anymore

I hope theres at least some voice acting. Gf need to realize they arent stuck in the gameboy era anymore
    What would you do if there was voice acting but every time they spoke it was the confirm sound effect from the game boy games?

So how long before something gets hacked and we get the next set of Pokemon spoiled?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What would you do if there was voice acting but every time they spoke it was the confirm sound effect from the game boy games?
    Be surprised they bothered to spend any money to improve the game

So...

game looks like an upscaled 3ds game
    terrible FPS
    terrible route design
    random encounters are back
    jump from handheld to console is smaller than 2d > 3d
    directed by the same team as Sun/Moon, which means no postgame, too many cutscenes / slow menus, annoying characters, too many legendaries.

The new starters look cool and I like the set piece of the new region, but a pretty massive disappointment. It is gamefreak I guess, I just figured they would actually try for once.

Way to jump to conclusions there mate. We know absolutely nothing except the map, the starters, random encounters (the horror!!!), and the name of the region (plus the names of the game).

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    Way to jump to conclusions there mate. We know absolutely nothing except the map, the starters, random encounters (the horror!!!), and the name of the region (plus the names of the game).
    We saw route design in the trailer
    We saw the graphics / fps in the trailer
    We saw who was directing in the trailer

Random encounters are terrible and a step back. I don't care that LGEP were children's games, that was one of the few things worth keeping / improving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I am loving all the angry Scottish girl memes.
    Yeah, I'm loving them all! I always pick the girl but this time I'm going to rp her with that accent while I play.

- - - Updated - - -

YES! That would be the very best!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    YES! That would be the very best!
    I didn't know who this was, but a quick google search showed me that it'd be a great way to do. Although she needs to swear more for full authenticity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I didn't know who this was, but a quick google search showed me that it'd be a great way to do. Although she needs to swear more for full authenticity.
    Dont worry, i finished all her sentences with ME MINGE

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    We saw route design in the trailer
    We saw the graphics / fps in the trailer
    We saw who was directing in the trailer

Random encounters are terrible and a step back. I don't care that LGEP were children's games, that was one of the few things worth keeping / improving on.
    We also saw the words "Footage not final" or some such over much of the gameplay footage. And honestly, I prefer the random battles. While it is nice seeing pokemon actually out in the world, I like it better this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    We also saw the words "Footage not final" or some such over much of the gameplay footage. And honestly, I prefer the random battles. While it is nice seeing pokemon actually out in the world, I like it better this way.
    I'd be very surprised if the graphics we saw improved - they're more likely to be worse in the final product since GF had to hire a bunch of new devs to help with the transition to console and said developing for console was harder than they expected. In short, I expect this game to be on the same level of X/Y.

As for random encounters, in other RPGs, encounters don't matter nearly as much because they (commonly) are just for experience.
    In Pokemon, the enemy you encounter is very important. Having this be random stretches the game out and wastes your time if you're looking for a specific pokemon. This is NOT difficulty. There's actually more room for difficulty in overworld encounters because you can't just use a repel (which isn't a solution at all to the problem) to skip over the tedium of going through caves and water routes. Plus, most of the routes nowadays are designed so you can just skip grass patches anymore.

There's nothing good about random encounters, if you like the "dopamine rush", you can have this for overworld encounters at the same time. Gamefreak being lazy isn't an excuse either, don't defend them.

Hopefully they at least incorporate some aspect of LGPE's overworld encounters and improve upon them.

OT - At this point, what I hope we at least get is:

-Faster menus and animations / loading screens. Getting real tired of how slow these games have gotten, and not just from a story / pacing perspective.
    -Non-dragon pseudo (bug plz?)
    -Nerf fair / water types.
    -Don't gate mega-stones behind battle points after the league.
    -If we're going to pander to genwunners, at least do it for some of the underappreciated mons like Golduck and Hypno. Tired of Charizard and Mewtwo running the show.
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2019-03-15 at 02:04 AM.

I have a Pokemon noob question...

How is it determined who's turn it is to do a move? I often get confused on who's turn it actually is to attack or maybe it doesn't go every other turn and instead is based on attack speed or something. Anyways, this is the only thing in battles that is slightly confusing to me and was wondering if anybody knew more information on it or a place I could go for more information on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikishock View Post
    I have a Pokemon noob question...

How is it determined who's turn it is to do a move? I often get confused on who's turn it actually is to attack or maybe it doesn't go every other turn and instead is based on attack speed or something. Anyways, this is the only thing in battles that is slightly confusing to me and was wondering if anybody knew more information on it or a place I could go for more information on it.
    There are 6 stats for every pokemon:

1) HP
    2) Attack
    3) Defense
    4) Special Attack
    5) Special Defense
    6) Speed

Obviously what determines turn order is the Speed stat but different pokemon have different amounts of speed. What determines the amount of Speed a pokemon has is generally type, nature (Impish, Jolly, Adamant, etc.) and EVs and IVs.

There are moves that say they go first like Quick Attack and there are Abilities that can change turn order. Prankster makes moves like Toxic and Sleep Powder have a higher priority so they're more likely to go first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's probably going to work like let's go where you could have saves for different users, which sort of works. And I don't think we'll ever see a change difficulty option in Pokemon games.

But what would that look like? The best I can assume is the AI would have better/perfect stats or pull competition cheese.
    But we have already seen it in BW2...

Challenge Mode increases some opponents' artificial intelligence and the level of their Pokémon, starting from 1 level and reaching 5 levels by the end of the game. Gym Leaders and Elite Four members will also have an extra Pokémon on their team, as well as different movesets and held items. Their IVs are also increased to 30. This mode is unlocked after defeating the Champion in Pokémon Black 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Proton View Post
    But we have already seen it in BW2...
    Only complaint is that you had to beat the game just to unlock the challenging play experience you wanted in the first place.

Im a little disappointed that he doesnt seem as grand as it should be. I wasnt expecting botw, but a soft reboot like bw and xenoblade 2 like open areas. I just hope its not boring like gen 7.

I WILL read all the dialogue in a scottish accent like the posh prim an propa cheeky tart i am
    Yeah, my BF and I were really hoping for a "Pokemon World" game where you could travel to all the regions. Maybe next time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Tune in on June 5 at 6 a.m. PT for roughly 15 minutes of new information on #PokemonSwordShield for #NintendoSwitch in a livestreamed Pokémon Direct presentation.
    https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/...94870610616321