Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Exactly, so he might as well have done this for Jania anyway. He had nothing to lose and everything to gain. You know if he speaks out against sylvanas people might not join his cause, he could have screwed himself over, either way he is screwed,m at least this way he goes out with an advantage.
    He had *his people* to lose. He waged this whole thing on his people’s lives, willing to risk them for a human.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    He had *his people* to lose. He waged this whole thing on his people’s lives, willing to risk them for a human.
    Not to mention this could have turned the tide.
    It's like he wants the alliance to win this, and his taurens to keep dying.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This whole treason hypocrisy shit needs to die.

I was one of very few criticising Lor'themar, Vol'Jin and Baine for doing the exact same thing in SoO and none of you were complaining then.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Well duh, you play Alliance.
    Strawman...
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nah, Baine is the only sane one in the situation. Sylvanas is disgusting and should have never been made the horde leader. It was a political decision that even the largest of hamfists couldn't force to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    It is clear which side is going to win here, I really don't know how it can't become more obvious.
    Because Blizz will not go down the route to give us one 'evil' and one 'good' faction, you mean? You are probably right in this and it's a real shame. I would like it so very much if they'd loosen up the two faction thing and make one 'good', one 'evil' and one 'save the world' (aka neutral) faction.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Just saw the cinematic and I'm disgusted with the treason Baine has committed. He (and Saurfang) need to have their heads put on pikes!
    No. He won't die.
    Sylvanas doesn't go with the head through the walls. She is clever and cunning. She knows exactly that killing or punishing Baine for treason would lead to an uproar beneath the Tauren of the horde. She can't risk losing their trust and therefore a mighty partner after the events of Dazar'Alor.

Otherwise, it's very possible to contact Magatha Grimtotem and convience her to kill Baine while promising her powerful position in the horde. The Thunderbluff Tauren would be raging ofc, thats where Sylvanas' time to shine comes. She kills Magatha and wipes out the grimtotem tribe.

This would be a win-win situation for Sylvanas, getting rid of a traitor while keeping the trust of the Tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by Cathululock View Post
    Nah, Baine is the only sane one in the situation. Sylvanas is disgusting and should have never been made the horde leader. It was a political decision that even the largest of hamfists couldn't force to work.
    Sane?
    "Hey let's order my taurens to fight for Sylvanas and be slaughtered by Jaina proudmoore, meanwhile i'm doing everything so that Jaina stays alive".

Piss of Sylvanas fan boy. Baine did what the rest of the horde should be doing.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-03-12 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post

I was one of very few criticising Lor'themar, Vol'Jin and Baine for doing the exact same thing in SoO and none of you were complaining then.
    Not to mention when Slyvanas disobeyed direct orders from her Warchief during Cataclysm. That was also treason, don't see the people making these threads calling for her execution.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by formerShandalay View Post
    Because Blizz will not go down the route to give us one 'evil' and one 'good' faction, you mean? You are probably right in this and it's a real shame. I would like it so very much if they'd loosen up the two faction thing and make one 'good', one 'evil' and one 'save the world' (aka neutral) faction.
    That would be implying that Baine is 'good' which is false on its face. Baine's only saving virtue morally speaking is that he's currently being compared to Sylvanas, who's a caricature. By any other metric he's an abysmal failure and even then a convincing case can be made that until Sylvanas inevitably reveals herself to be an Old God puppet she has been a bigger net benefit to her race than Baine has been to the tauren.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by eurojust View Post
    Not to mention this could have turned the tide.
    It's like he wants the alliance to win this, and his taurens to keep dying.
    Exactly. As a leader of his people, Baine has responsibility to protect their interests. He just decided, for every tauren under his rule, that because his worldview doesn’t feel represented in the current Horde, he is alright with all of them dying.

They were all traitors. But even Lor'themar's "I'mma rebel because Aethas and Rommath did not die in a ritual they from the get go knew was going to be risky" is a better reason than what Baine shows now.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Aiding the Alliance at a cost to their own people?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Are you serious? Forums were blowing up, trying to defend Garrosh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    The right thing to do, isn't always easy.

Giving Derek back for nothing? Even though their newest member state would love to skin Jaina alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Exactly. As a leader of his people, Baine has responsibility to protect their interests. He just decided, for every tauren under his rule, that because his worldview doesn’t feel represented in the current Horde, he is alright with all of them dying.
    I mean, in Baine's defense (puked a bit in my mouth right now), at least he's not Saurfang, who was Orc leader yet outright abandoned them all to Sylvanas. Who in his mind was evil and was going to doom them all.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Tough choice these days. Either you are Sylvanas fanboy or you have to support Alliance.

And, pray tell, how is aiding the Alliance the right thing to do, as far as the Horde is concerned?

Well he could at least tell his soldiers to stop fighting. It would be nice i guess?

Can you imagine being a Tauren soldier right now?
    "By the spirits this war is so hard, i lost so many of my friends in that warfront... What did you do this week Chief?"
    "Well i just saved the live of the strongest Alliance member, yea you know the one who kills 1000 of our soldiers each minute".