Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    It should have all gone to battle.net launcher. This is nothing more than transferring battle chests from store shelves to e-Shelves. I won't be buying.

Hell yeah! I've wanted to try Warcraft II and Diablo I for a while!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Holy shit that’s awesome. I’ve always wanted to play WC1 and 2. I wonder why they’re not just releasing these games on battle.net though?
    Probably because GOG cut them a great deal on cleaning the games up so they'll run on current versions of Windows. I can just imagine if people thought Blizzard was diverting "precious resources" away from something else to do this.

Glad to see this. Diablo I is a good time. Good luck with The Butcher everyone if you've never tried him in D1.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, this is a good move for both blizzard and GOG.

It is on my wishlist and will buy it as soon I have the spare cash.
    Don't have to use my old CD's to install it anymore. + getting my portable CD-drive to work :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Glad to see this. Diablo I is a good time. Good luck with The Butcher everyone if you've never tried him in D1.
    My best and worst memories are seeing butcher the first time. Let's just say brown pants alert. Was 6 years old at the time of release and 8 when I tried it.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    So much for WC2 Remastered, I guess. Still, this is good to see. I wonder if it'll come with Online support?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    So much for WC2 Remastered, I guess. Still, this is good to see. I wonder if it'll come with Online support?
    I'll settle. Warcraft 2 better have the map editor included with GoG :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They should put it on Battle.net to IMO.
    I always wondered why it isn't. On my account on battle.net it has my product key listed for Diablo 2 and Warcraft 2. I can download them from the website, just not on the Battle net app.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    What the... 0_o

I would never have believed that a Blizzard game would end up on GOG, especially since they have gone full online-DRM bonanza with even Starcraft 2.
    D1 is incompatible with the current Battle.net infrastructure. I would think the same goes for WC 1 & 2 which is why those are coming too.

I was somewhat disappointed when i discovered this.
    If the current launcher is unable to support their older games, why not create one for those very older games
    along with any remasters they plan to release.

I have always liked the first Diablo, but here we are 20+ years later, the nostalgia is there, but the patience is not lol

- - - Updated - - -

It is on Battle.net, just not the enhanced version unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    playing D3 for so long , trying out D2 for the first time is a hard time

going all the way to D1 ? yeaaaaah.... no thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    Bring back Hellfire and it's an immediate sale from me.
    Hellfire is broken, with tons of bugs, and has a very confusing copyright history, due to being an IP of Blizzard, written by Sierra, and the later rising struggle between those two... I think that would be a long way to go, and is, despite having some cool additions also features, just not desireable. Like leveling up manashield actually increases the damage taking. Making it bad to level up and shit. So many issues unadressed.

The first thing I did was look for Civilization 1 on there. Nope, not listed. Boo.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Bad price, in my experience old games should be cheaper, no more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Doohreven View Post
    Bad price, in my experience old games should be cheaper, no more expensive
    It’s 9.99. That’s too much for you?

Welp wait for me Sanctuary, let's rock

Man I really loved Diablo 1. It was my first true online gaming experience.

Well, just spent the entire week-end playing Diablo.
    The old guy still had its fundamentals right it seems. Going to play more tonight. My wrist aches

Ahhh diablo. so many nigths spent on it

Well, Gog now added the Hellfire expansion for FREE to the Diablo 1 package! People already owning the game can update it to install the expansion while new buyers will find it already included!

Best birthday ever!
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.