Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    I always thought what needed the most warning was going to STV in Vanilla. Or getting stuck in Wailing Caverns/Deadmines because they were fun to do repeatedly early on.

But yeah leveling was pretty slow in Vanilla but I don't think that was the worst part, rather not knowing sure where to go and quest next after you cleared an area was more of an issue for me.
    This was me I just spammed dungeons to level because that is where I had the most fun, then when you get to like lvl 38-40 you spam ZF until 50 then spam ST until 60.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slow leveling as it was back then… Every zone mean something… Every quest, gear piece, dungeon means something. Every gold(even copper) is important! That's what I call a real MMORPG. All about the Journey and not just the destination like today's retail version! Can't wait to replay this!

Damn those millenials going to have a hard time!
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    No need to warn anyone. Millennials won't play it anyway because Classic is the opposite of instant gratification. And most people who are interested in classic have already played it.
    Dude, are you aware that Millenials are like... 30 year olds by now? Millenials are the ones who grew up on grindy MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    I dont know if its true.
    Maybe "they" mean there is not enough quests in ONE ZONE before going to another one. Correct?

They are probably quoting this video. Which says the same
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNAhHh6zZ_g
    Not really. From I remember there were enough quests for the most part but it doesn't work like go in, finish everything and go out, in that sense, yes there are not enough quests. For the most part you'll have to bounce between zones very often to keep on doing quests. Something like STV - Arathi - Desolace - STV again - Arathi again - STV again.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

Quote Originally Posted by Canield View Post
    Nice assumption. Most players in the current private server scene are millennials.
    That’s mainly because ps are free.

Leveling in vanilla was the best wow experience i ever had.

It was just great fun and even a challenge depending on ur class.

We need the Millenials
    This project can change the history of the WoW franchise...if it manages to captivate both millenials and oldschool players.

If its a huge HIT...maybe...just maybe it will give the ultimate proof that "oldschool MMO's" were the best.
    And maybe, in the end, we will have more content like this in the future.

I know im only dreaming and presenting a lot of "IF's"
    It won't be a hit. Its a 2004 game with 2004 graphics competing against apax, fortnight. And releases of a new doom, cyberpunk and a few cracking releases this year.

Out side of what's left of the wow community no one in the wider gaming sphere gives a fuck. Its not even guaranteed to get all of the people who played back to play.

it will have a small dedicated community that will be enough to keep it ticking over, but let's not be deluded here MMO's went out of fashion ages ago. If they ever come back into fashion it won't be via 2004 graphics, it will be something new that captures the youth.

I know that's not what you want to here, every one wants there fandom to be super popular. But at the end of the day's let's be realistic. The market has changed and the majority demographic has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Not really. From I remember there were enough quests for the most part but it doesn't work like go in, finish everything and go out, in that sense, yes there are not enough quests. For the most part you'll have to bounce between zones very often to keep on doing quests. Something like STV - Arathi - Desolace - STV again - Arathi again - STV again.
    And unless you play always with the rested bonus, you’ll start begging for quests at about level 55.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTenko View Post
    Dude, are you aware that Millenials are like... 30 year olds by now? Millenials are the ones who grew up on grindy MMOs.
    That's true! We should say Gen Z not millenials. Gen Z are those not used to have anything the hard way.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    It won't be a hit. Its a 2004 game with 2004 graphics competing against apax, fortnight. And releases of a new doom, cyberpunk and a few cracking releases this year.

Out side of what's left of the wow community no one in the wider gaming sphere gives a fuck. Its not even guaranteed to get all of the people who played back to play.

it will have a small dedicated community that will be enough to keep it ticking over, but let's not be deluded here MMO's went out of fashion ages ago. If they ever come back into fashion it won't be via 2004 graphics, it will be something new that captures the youth.

I know that's not what you want to here, every one wants there fandom to be super popular. But at the end of the day's let's be realistic. The market has changed and the majority demographic has changed.
    You are probably right...i was just dreaming out loud...
    Back to reality now

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    But yeah leveling was pretty slow in Vanilla but I don't think that was the worst part, rather not knowing sure where to go and quest next after you cleared an area was more of an issue for me.
    The first part of this statement signifies a problem with gaming expectation: "But yeah leveling was pretty slow in Vanilla but I don't think that was the worst part,"

This shows the mindset that leveling isn't fun. It wasn't the worst part of Classic, but it was bad....

Bear in mind two things:

1) Classic was the beginning of the game. EVERYONE was leveling, experiencing the game for the first time. The economy was new, you may have been the FIRST person to craft a specific item, or acquired your Warlock mount, or the first rogue to unlock a certain lockbox. Leveling WAS the game... and even when many people made 60... there were still many, may more still leveling.

After 7 successive expansions... leveling has gotten old. It feels like a waste of time... and therefore IS a waste of time. Why? The economy is jacked and has been for a few expansions now. Professions have been trivialized to the point that only enchanting and alchemy has any real endgame use. Weapon skill is gone, building your gear to cap out on hit, defense, etc is gone.

Without leveling, the game is truly NOTHING but a lobby game of waiting on a queue for dungeons or raids.

2) Classic will reset EVERYTHING listed above... the only thing that will change is that people have SEEN the content before... there will be less of a need to ask for help for many tings... but you can still bet that without arrows and minimaps full of exclamation dots such pointing out to obvious oblivion where everything is, that people will be asking about quests. And there are things long forgotten by most who think they will log in and steamroll the game. Like "How do I train my pet Rank 6 Claw?" Do people know that a green happiness indicator means your pet is doing an additional 25% damage?

Will people be running around missing like crazy thinking the game is broken because they equipped a brand new weapon type and are at Weapon Skill 3?

The DEPTH of this game has been hacked away until it's pretty much about getting gear tokens.. if it's better than the one you have on equip. Rinse and repeat. Oh and watch the pretty circles and direction arrows in raids and do what they tell you.

Back in Classic you didn't just "level" your character, you developed it. And pretty much everything you did to progress your character was meaningful. And when something is meaningful, it is rewarding to do...

And that includes leveling. If people quit playing Classic because leveling is slow, then the game isn't for them. But I believe MOST people who play Classic will get swallowed up in the depth of the game, become more deeply connected to their character, and will once again be happy to just PLAY the game, regardless of what they do.

Leveling is THE part in Vanilla. Leveling up Characters is pretty much the thing I look foward to the most - by far, in Classic! You constantly see how your Character gets stronger, even if its just a single Talent point. I love grouping up for Elite Quests that are too high for me, that give out a nice Questreward. It always end up in a bunch of deaths but when you turn in the Quest and get a Rare Weapon thats like 5 Levels above you, it feels really nice.

You are even happy when you find fucking GREY shoulders!

Now compare that to Vanilla. You login, create your Character and put on your 423 Heirlooms which you won't even look at until Maxlevel! There is 0 progression! Every like 15 Levels you get some Talent that you won't even remember to pick, because it makes 0 difference. I think when I leveled my Voidelf I forgot to pick Talents after Level45. With Level100 I realized that I forgot to pick talents, I did not even notice anything missing.

Classic is just way more fun because its harder and it takes longer and because of that you need to put more time and effort into it and build a stronger connection to your Character.

Do you guys think Blizzard will say for the first time how many people are playing the game (Classic WoW)?

They NEED to tell us! (on this case)
    Because people have been theorising about this FOR YEARS!!!

We need to know this information...for the greater good of science...

I think Blizzard will not be able to resist, they know this is a major thing we need to know...they know we have been theorising this for years...

Blizzard, just do it, please.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-03-13 at 03:30 PM.

Warn them ? hmmm id say tell them that leveling is meaningful and has a purpose which is different from what it is now.
    Leveling is a great part where you meet people , get gear do dungeons that actually challenge you.
    You can't run and 1 shoot every mob like a brainless chicken and go to dungeons just pull half of it aoe it all down and repeat.
    Pull to many ? Dead
    Solo Elite quest ? Dead
    Didn't communicate ? Dead to the people cant play ... it was an MMORPG now its just RPG might as well be single player with bots- PVP IS GOING IN THE DIRECTION ...

Professions ! Professions cant wait to be leveling and doing my profession at the same time they are cool to have during leveling its actually giving you some kind of advantage if you keep on investing in them.

Leveling used to feel like progress and not as a boring stage of blocking you from playing with people.
    As it stand now in WOW it might as well be instant lvl 120 servers because everything in 1-120 is just brain dead i'd say single player.

Cant wait to level my new toon in Vanila but cheers thanks fro the "warning" but ill take my chances <3
    Last edited by PavelGolub; 2019-03-13 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    What's the purpose of getting in a hurry? Just so you can quit faster? The reason I think most won't be in near as much hurry is no one has to worry about it going anywhere. Blizzard isn't going to shut it down. I think there will be a group that does get in a big hurry, but I really don't think it will be that large. Every time there has been discussion on it a good chunk of the posters have said they won't be in a hurry because they want to enjoy the journey.
    That wasn’t a worry back in the day either. The reason people will want to hurry is for all the incentives to lvling (mounts, gear, raiding). Not everyone enjoys lvling slowly just for the sake of it, and given that most if not all of the people who pick up Classic will be veteran WoW players who have spent plenty of time lvling already I imagine most will want to get to end game content ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you guys think Blizzard will say for the first time how many people are playing the game (Classic WoW)?

They NEED to tell us! (on this case)
    Because people have been theorising about this FOR YEARS!!!

We need to know this information...for the greater good of science...

I think Blizzard will not be able to resist, they know this is a major thing we need to know...they know we have been theorising this for years...

Blizzard, just do it, please.
    1. They won’t
    2. You don’t

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    This is 1.12 which has even more quests then the start of Vanilla (Searing Gorge was updated in 1.5), and even then, there were enough quests.

Maybe not all SOLO quests, but the longest questlines that gave high XP, were long chains that had multiple zones of travel and dungeons.

Maybe it wasn't the best XP/minute but the quests were still there.
    Maybe, but I was an early vanilla player, and I was always told I shouldn't bother with quests in vanilla. It goes against gamer instinct to not want the most exp per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    1. They won’t
    2. You don’t
    Blizzard will not be able to resist. Mark my words
    This is a discussed topic for many years...this numbers will finally put an end to the discussion

Blizzard will tell us...even if its bad numbers "i told you so" kind of deal.

For the greater good of science

That wasn’t a worry back in the day either. The reason people will want to hurry is for all the incentives to lvling (mounts, gear, raiding). Not everyone enjoys lvling slowly just for the sake of it, and given that most if not all of the people who pick up Classic will be veteran WoW players who have spent plenty of time lvling already I imagine most will want to get to end game content ASAP.

- - - Updated - - -

1. They won’t
    2. You don’t
    Hmmmm i wouldn't agree with that.
    Its super time consuming Vanilla veterans are not 15 anymore so i doubt a lot will be power leveling and rushing.
    weather you want or not you'll take it slow hehe

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    That's true! We should say Gen Z not millenials. Gen Z are those not used to have anything the hard way.
    Right, generation Z is probably more accurate here.

- - - Updated - - -

1. They won’t
    2. You don’t
    Why though? A good chunk keep talking about why they don't have the time they once did and aren't planning to raid. I just don't think that many will be in a huge hurry outside of the handful of people just looking to push content.