Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Zandalari Moonkins don't have a dance animation

Is this a bug? Did i miss a post somewhere that blizzard acknowledged they are supposed to have a dance?

Or did Moonkins actually just get shafted by blizzard on a class that's been in the making for like...2 years.

Zandalari bear and cat forms have the normal dance animations, but there's nothing for moonkin or travel form.

High Arrakoa don't have one, son Mon'kins don't get one either.

Also no /wave, /lol, /cry etc. They are half way to being a statue.

Remember my dudes, the expansion is not yet ready to launch. Your testing/feedback is very much appreciated though.

Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    Also no /wave, /lol, /cry etc. They are half way to being a statue.
    And that's why glyph of stars is one of the best selling glyphs...

That balances out you guys getting literal fucking dinosaurs. and a wholy unique moonkin and flight form
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

You think Blizzard gives two shits about Balance Druids?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    You think Blizzard gives two shits about Balance Druids?
    Well if you prefer to have cool forms but not be invited to m+ or raids you can always pick feral or guardian instead.

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    Remember my dudes, the expansion is not yet ready to launch. Your testing/feedback is very much appreciated though.
    Careful, don't say it too loud, or you'll upset the mongoloids on this forum that think BfA is perfect and any opinion otherwise is just faux outrage from entitled man-children

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Well if you prefer to have cool forms but not be invited to m+ or raids you can always pick feral or guardian instead.
    Feral and Guardian are fine. I do just fine as a tank in M+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Feral and Guardian are fine. I do just fine as a tank in M+.
    Nah... not really. I main a guardian and our survival, kiting and cc toolkit is way worse than the other tank classes. No1 will ever take me on a 13++. Maybe with gear and the gimmick items in crucible we may stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannibalus View Post
    Nah... not really. I main a guardian and our survival, kiting and cc toolkit is way worse than the other tank classes. No1 will ever take me on a 13++. Maybe with gear and the gimmick items in crucible we may stand a chance.
    For M13++ you best be prepared to pick what works not what’s fun.. just like mythic raiding. People hunt the tiny advantages. If you think Guardian druids are the only spec that struggles at that sort of peak content then think again. You only need 1 tank, there will always be a best tank and all the others will be ‘less good’.

Back on topic, I’m sure they will add emotes eventually. Unfortunately it’s not the sort of thing Blizzard have a good reputation if prioritising until months after it’s been ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyepic View Post
    Is this a bug? Did i miss a post somewhere that blizzard acknowledged they are supposed to have a dance?

Or did Moonkins actually just get shafted by blizzard on a class that's been in the making for like...2 years.

Zandalari bear and cat forms have the normal dance animations, but there's nothing for moonkin or travel form.
    That's because they're using an arrakoa-like model.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Careful, don't say it too loud, or you'll upset the mongoloids on this forum that think BfA is perfect and any opinion otherwise is just faux outrage from entitled man-children
    While i agree that the game is shit on so many levels, i am glad that it still exists. If you think about it the majority of the people that played actively during vanilla or tbc now have jobs and maybe children. So in order for wow to survive they must evolve or devolve in order to cater to younger groups. Take this idea plus the fact that almost all of the original crew are either too old or just left PLUS the fact that its a money driven business and you get this pile if shit. But atleast it's still here. When you're 50 would you prefer to have an older and slightly less attractive wife/gf or to have a dead one? Same rules apply IMO, time just erodes everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    For M13++ you best be prepared to pick what works not what’s fun.. just like mythic raiding. People hunt the tiny advantages. If you think Guardian druids are the only spec that struggles at that sort of peak content then think again. You only need 1 tank, there will always be a best tank and all the others will be ‘less good’.

Back on topic, I’m sure they will add emotes eventually. Unfortunately it’s not the sort of thing Blizzard have a good reputation if prioritising until months after it’s been ingame.
    The gorilla guardian druid that has the gronnling/yeti model still lacks many emotes.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That's because they're using an arrakoa-like model.
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    High Arrakoa don't have one, son Mon'kins don't get one either.
    Maybe i'm being too naive, but considering they are using a model already in the game and not building it from the ground up, wouldn't that free up time to work on animations and emotes? And make sure they are a "complete" race. You're telling me giving the arrakoa model the moonkin dance in some way shape or form was not doable? Even if Blizzard just came out and said "hey, this model is going to be missing these emotes because of X reason I could look passed it, but this just kinda seems like a slap in the face. If Blizzard standards have really fallen to the point of "eh, they don't need emotes, just be happy that you look cool and different" that's a serious red flag for me as far as how far Blizzard has degraded as a company.

I'm not really upset about it, i don't care enough about the game anymore, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. But recently it seems like Blizzard has had a track record of "Be happy with what we give you, even if it's incomplete". Which is a really slippery slope.

Considering how early the class and models were announced and how long they have been in development I fail to see how Blizzard feels it's acceptable to just forego some of the emote animations. I try to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt most of the time but this is kind of a head scratcher for me. This is one of those times i would agree that Blizzard half-assed it.

I'm not upset i'm just...disappointed.
    Last edited by Skyepic; 2019-03-13 at 02:47 PM.

But recently it seems like Blizzard has had a track record of "Be happy with what we give you, even if it's incomplete".
    You mean the trend that eats away the whole corporate triple A gaming industry? Release now, patch later? Or release half a game, rest in dlcs / season pass? It's a disease that festers everywhere, basically the shape of the game is no longer decided by the devs but by the financial overseers that want everything at minimal cost and asap, so cut corners happen all the time. Lots of unfinished products polluting the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Imagine, if they are like this now, what could happen had they released them on day 1, it would create a mega computer virus and it would eat all the servers of wow!

Now seriusly, the shitshow would have been amazing.

Maybe i'm being too naive, but considering they are using a model already in the game and not building it from the ground up, wouldn't that free up time to work on animations and emotes? And make sure they are a "complete" race. You're telling me giving the arrakoa model the moonkin dance in some way shape or form was not doable? Even if Blizzard just came out and said "hey, this model is going to be missing these emotes because of X reason I could look passed it, but this just kinda seems like a slap in the face. If Blizzard standards have really fallen to the point of "eh, they don't need emotes, just be happy that you look cool and different" that's a serious red flag for me as far as how far Blizzard has degraded as a company.

I'm not really upset about it, i don't care enough about the game anymore, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. But recently it seems like Blizzard has had a track record of "Be happy with what we give you, even if it's incomplete". Which is a really slippery slope.

Considering how early the class and models were announced and how long they have been in development I fail to see how Blizzard feels it's acceptable to just forego some of the emote animations. I try to give Blizzard the benefit of the doubt most of the time but this is kind of a head scratcher for me. This is one of those times i would agree that Blizzard half-assed it.

I'm not upset i'm just...disappointed.
    They can't just "give" an existing dance to a model, but they would have to animate the mesh seperately, which seems to be a lot of work on their engine (at least that's what they've implied a couple of times in the past when talking about animations) and it's probably not a high priority at this point, considering that only zandalari balance druids use this model (and I'm sure that no matter how good the moonkin form looks like, many if not most players will still use that glyph that just makes them transparent instead).

Oh and they also have to first come up with a fitting dance... the moonkin/ogre dance doesn't fit the arrakoa, because they're not fat.

However they might add (or at least I hope they do) them in the future of course.

IIRC the mage tower guardian druids also don't have any dance animations.

EDIT: btw. I am not upset about that, because that's just the consequence when Blizzard is releasing many new races in a short period of time. In about a year they've released 8 Allied Races and while ofc 6/8 are just reskins of existing races, it still took them a lot of time to make these. I mean if I remember correctly they've started to build the HD models of the old races before MoP launched and even when WoD got out they still had a lot of issues that were only fully fixed in 6.1. So building any kind of race can take a really long time.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2019-03-13 at 04:41 PM.

Maybe i'm being too naive, but considering they are using a model already in the game and not building it from the ground up, wouldn't that free up time to work on animations and emotes?
    Animation is one of the most expensive(time wise) parts of modeling. It's also a way different skillset than skins and making a model, so saving on one doesn't help much on the other, as it's likely two different people doing it.

Comparing the two, it seems they actually spent a lot more work on the KT moonkin. The Zandalari one is also frickin' tiny.

Also no Incarn form, just a huge blue ground effect around them.