10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    hair gone white.
    It's amazing what having all your illegal money taken will do to you.

So apparently Manafort was wheeled in, hair gone white.

As I said they would two years ago, these cowardly pieces of crap are pulling the full Hosni Mubarak now that justice is coming for them.

Looking forward to Individual-1 being carted in on a Hospital bed, wired up like a goddamn Christmas tree, when his time comes.
    For some reason I have the image of Fat Bastard in my head when you mentioned Trump on a hospital bed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by What happens in Vegas82 stays in Vegas82 View Post
    Anything suggesting remorse prior to his sentencing was "completely absent" from the submissions
    Yeah...Manafort is sorry he got caught. Where have I seen that before...oh, right, "Lawful evil characters obey the law out of fear of punishment".

- - - Updated - - -

Looking forward to Individual-1 being carted in on a Hospital bed, wired up like a goddamn Christmas tree, when his time comes.
    Yeah...can't wait to say "*ahem* healthiest person to ever run for office" like a complete asshole when that happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I can't wait to see Trump's reaction to all this.
    Calling it now: Trump will say "Even the judge (who was totally biased) says NO COLLUSION!"

Sentencing math starting after one positive comment for Manafort.

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/st...60208587345922

- - - Updated - - -

30 months concurrent with the previous 47 month sentence, to be followed by a consecutive sentence of... another 43 months. So he's looking at a total of 90 months locked up.
    Meh... Bullshit.

Edit - I guess he also forfeits an additional $11m in bank accounts and properties
    Last edited by kaelleria; 2019-03-13 at 04:17 PM.

So a mannafuck is apex 3.5-4yrs? Sentenced to 2 manafucks? idk but I like it. Whats the conversion to mooches?

Sentencing math starting after one positive comment for Manafort.

https://twitter.com/stevenportnoy/st...60208587345922

- - - Updated - - -

30 months concurrent with the previous 47 month sentence, to be followed by a consecutive sentence of... another 43 months. So he's looking at a total of 90 months locked up.
    Also he will be on probation for time nearly equal to the sentence and given manafort's proven inability to stop doing random idiotic crimes chances of him violating parole nearly instantly is high.

Fairly crippling amount of time in prison for someone his age. Even if he doesn't die by the end of it, it's likely taking away whatever remaining years he has of reasonably good health to enjoy life.

And of course there's other charges he could still be retried for.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...cy-other-state

Welp, Manafort now indicted on mortgage fraud, conspiracy, and more in New York.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Fairly crippling amount of time in prison for someone his age.
    I'm not sure how I feel about that sentence line. Is the amount of time you spend in jail really dependent on how old you are when I commit the crime? Because I'm fairly sure I will still be able to make a pretty potent bomb when I'm in my mid-seventies.

Yeah, 90 months isn't nearly enough for defrauding the United States for a decade. But at least he'll lose all his money. By my count, that's $35 million total and I don't know if he has that to spare.

Manhattan AG just filed 16 new indictments against Manafort.

Guess who's not getting pardoned out of jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, Manafort now indicted on mortgage fraud, conspiracy, and more in New York.
    God, I live NYState so much I should move there. Oh wait. I meant to say, "brb walking 100m down the street to get homemade apple pie".

EDIT: Hey @cubby can you use federal evidence in state crimes? Asking for a friend. Who's going to jail. With no money. Also he's not my friend.

The new charges might get tossed because of Double Jeopardy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togashii View Post
    So a mannafuck is apex 3.5-4yrs? Sentenced to 2 manafucks? idk but I like it. Whats the conversion to mooches?
    About 756 for 7 odd years.

"Say Russian Collusion again"
    Last edited by PACOX; 2019-03-13 at 05:18 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I first saw the same from Pinochet.
    Hey Hey!
    At least Pinochet had the decency to die in the human rights day!
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    First of all, it's possible Trump chose SCOTUS views for exactly that, but at time of writing, precedent goes to "no they won't."

Second of all, that depends what the charges are.

Charged:

Residential Mortgage Fraud in the First Degree, a class B felony, 3 counts
    Attempted Residential Mortgage Fraud in the First Degree, a class C felony, 1 count
    Conspiracy in the Fourth Degree, a class E felony, 3 counts
    Falsifying Business Records in the First Degree, a class E felony, 8 counts
    Scheme to Defraud in the First Degree, a class E felony, 1 count
    It's not "double jeopardy" unless they are the same crime. Defrauding NYState was not charged, for example. And it's possible some of these charges weren't brought federally -- or weren't federal forms being falsified. So, even with help, he probably can't escape them all.

And thirdly, the key word is "conspiracy". The key word is always "conspiracy". This is not over.

Normally, here's where I'd make some kind of joke, such as a "cover" of Peter Gabriel's Biko as "RICO". But no way am I trampling on a classic of that magnitude.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    God, I live NYState so much I should move there. Oh wait. I meant to say, "brb walking 100m down the street to get homemade apple pie".

EDIT: Hey @cubby can you use federal evidence in state crimes? Asking for a friend. Who's going to jail. With no money. Also he's not my friend.
    Lol. If Manafort thinks he's in hell now, wait until he enters State prison - and even worse, New York State prison. The only thing that might save his is that if Manafort gets assigned to Otis, it's close enough that he won't have to be detained in a NY County prison while he's on trial.

Manafort's world, if it was possible, just got a whole lot worse. Those state convictions are going to be horrific.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    First of all, it's possible Trump chose SCOTUS views for exactly that, but at time of writing, precedent goes to "no they won't."

Second of all, that depends what the charges are.

It's not "double jeopardy" unless they are the same crime. Defrauding NYState was not charged, for example. And it's possible some of these charges weren't brought federally -- or weren't federal forms being falsified. So, even with help, he probably can't escape them all.

And thirdly, the key word is "conspiracy". The key word is always "conspiracy". This is not over.

Normally, here's where I'd make some kind of joke, such as a "cover" of Peter Gabriel's Biko as "RICO". But no way am I trampling on a classic of that magnitude.
    Just repeating what I'm hearing...
    Some of the punditcuters are annoyed that they didn't go through the deconfliction process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only thing that might save his is that if Manafort gets assigned to Otis, it's close enough that he won't have to be detained in a NY County prison while he's on trial.
    He could be sent to Dannemora. You know, that one place those 2 dudes escaped from and got like six feet before cops fucking shot one of them in the face and the other got fucking shot in the back running from a second cop through an open field with no cover what an asshole and they made a lackluster miniseries? If they ship him there, I will personally visit his fraudulent ass and mock him to his face.

No, really. If they let me, I'll video and post it.

"Why are you -- "

Because it's the Clinton Correctional Facility. That's too fucking good to pass up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    Only if they are specifically linked to the federal charges he was already convicted of or plead guilty to. You can't charge a defendant with state crimes that he was exonerated on in federal court (Pardon's are different, complicated, and uncertain at this point).

I agree it's a concern, of course, as is all the kitchen-sink-defense moves that Manafort's team uses. I wonder if some point he'll just give up defending himself and accept he'll die in prison and pray for a pardon.