View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Oh what an evening! I wasn't expecting the (now) Cooper amendment to pass, glad to watch the bullshit Malthouse Compromise crash and was pleasantly surprised to see the actual motion pass.

So Kronik, what are you really pleased about tonight? The chance to turn every Brexit argument that we've heard JRM drone on about directly back at JRM of course!

"Tonight's vote isn't legally binding!". A bit like the referendum then Mr Mogg?

"We shouldn't be beholden to the terror of a Parliamentary majority!". Like a narrow win a referendum being held up as "the will of the people!".

Ahhhhh sweet sweet schadenfreude. I realise this will earn me a (probably warranted) slap on the wrist from Pann but fuck it. Get fucking wrecked ERG.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Apparently May is saying that she will only ask for a short extension if MPs back her deal! Fucking hell!

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1105930449879265280
    I really hope Bercow tells her she can't bring it back because it's already been rejected twice.

This has nothing to do with Brexit.
    It has much to do with how Britain sees themselves in relation to the world. It has much to do with how much Britain is willing to be a team player and Brexit says they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    I really hope Bercow tells her she can't bring it back because it's already been rejected twice.
    But, then what? It's taken two years to get here and what incentive is there for the EU to grant an extension when no-one can agree what they want?

It's an absolute mess!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Well, I hope it works. The UK has not deserved the EU's patience on this one bit. Theresa May and her carnival of horros give representative democracy a bad name at a time it needs a good name.

The UK is still also made up from 48% remainers pre-referendum with millions of them living scattered across the EU. And brexit is going to cost everybody money, also outside of the UK & the EU. And what is the worst thing that can happen when the currect EU strategy fails? Right, a brexit...

Those brexiteers are going donw in history as the largest group of utter fools the planet has seen for a long time. Even bigger fools then trump-deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    It has much to do with how Britain sees themselves in relation to the world. It has much to do with how much Britain is willing to be a team player and Brexit says they aren't.
    But it was nonsense and not how Britain sees itself.

Nigel is waving his victim card around but he can hardly contain his grin as he says that he thinks that the UK will have to take part in the European election. I guess the career as Trump's friend in the US is not going as well as he'd hoped.
    Nigel is an idiot

1) Any short extension will most likely not go beyond 22nd of May. EU parliament elections are the 23rd. No one wants the election to be shadowed by internal incompetence in the UK. Say the extension is beyond the 22nd, then the UK needs to vote aswell, if they aren’t allowed to, the EU parliament elections might be cancelled due to not letting a member country vote. Yet the UK parliament seats have been spread out to other members who needs to vote for those seats.

2) Any short extension needs to be presented with a viable plan, the EU is sick of dealing with internal issues of the UK.

3) this may very well end with a long extension/revoking A50. If a short extension is declined and the uk parliament voted no to a hard brexit, a long extension/revoking A50 is the only choice. Meaning the EU might as well decline a short extension.

The ignorants like Dribbles lost hard today and canceling brexit is far more likely than it was last week.

But it was nonsense and not how Britain sees itself.
    Nonsense is a time-honoured British tradition.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And if Brexit DOES happen, the EU will strongarm the UK THEN. In the trade deals. Especially know that the entire planet knows they have no idea what they are doing.
    And the EU will look very strong either way, one main points of criticism of the brexiteers. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by fogworth View Post
    I mostly agree with this. Your normally relentless focus on matters military confused me.
    I only do that because it's easier to digest in this format. Something like describing the long term effects of shutting down foreign language schools (part of the the cuts to the Foreign office since 2010) is much more esoteric. The long term consequences of not training diplomats that speak certain languages is less "in your face" then droning on some some big dumb, but useful, warship.

The larger point is, as I said, the UK needs to stay in the EU, and do much as it has done, or leave the EU, and spend big time to grow it's stature. But it can't leave the EU and then continue the cuts. And without a direct course correction on that front, the whole thing about "Great Britain" becoming "Little England" is likely to come about.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Nigel is an idiot

1) Any short extension will most likely not go beyond 22nd of May. EU parliament elections are the 23rd. No one wants the election to be shadowed by internal incompetence in the UK. Say the extension is beyond the 22nd, then the UK needs to vote aswell, if they aren’t allowed to, the EU parliament elections might be cancelled due to not letting a member country vote. Yet the UK parliament seats have been spread out to other members who needs to vote for those seats.

2) Any short extension needs to be presented with a viable plan, the EU is sick of dealing with internal issues of the UK.

3) this may very well end with a long extension/revoking A50. If a short extension is declined and the uk parliament voted no to a hard brexit, a long extension/revoking A50 is the only choice. Meaning the EU might as well decline a short extension.

The ignorants like Dribbles lost hard today and canceling brexit is far more likely than it was last week.
    Nigel may well be a lot of things but an idiot he is not.

There is no need for the insults. Seeing as no-one knows what is happening I would not say that Brexit is any closer to be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermented View Post
    And the EU will look very strong either way, one main points of criticism of the brexiteers. ;-)
    Well it needs to be. The EU remains the most important political project since the founding of the United States and liberal democracy on Earth is basically screwed in the 21st century without it.

This just about sums up the Con party;

So it turns out that government whip Mike Freer will be allowed to remain a government whip despite breaking the three line whip he just imposed on himself.

... in order to vote against a motion, which was brought forward by his own prime minister, which she says she agrees with, but told her party to oppose.

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/stat...31317676568576

Utter joke!

But, then what? It's taken two years to get here and what incentive is there for the EU to grant an extension when no-one can agree what they want?

It's an absolute mess!
    Parliament has almost managed to manoeuver itself into revoking A50. If we didn't live in an age of political lightweights then May would probably revoke A50 and then immediately resign and call a GE. Unfortunately we don't live in a time of integrity so instead they will wring their hands a little while longer before asking for an extension so we can have a second referendum in the futile hope that this will absolve them of responsibility.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidz View Post
    Tick tock.

16 Days till brexit.

Nigel may well be a lot of things but an idiot he is not.

There is no need for the insults. Seeing as no-one knows what is happening I would not say that Brexit is any closer to be cancelled.
    Well it is. Britain voted against a hard brexit. If the EU declines a short extension, they’ll have to ask for a long extension or cancel A50, if they do not it’ll be a hard brexit, which they just rejected.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Well it needs to be. The EU remains the most important political project since the founding of the United States and liberal democracy on Earth is basically screwed in the 21st century without it.
    The EU is under attack from many sides. Lets hope the dipshit in chief isn't reelected in 2020 so we have a little breathing space and time to punish Russia very VERY hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Parliament has almost managed to manoeuver itself into revoking A50. If we didn't live in an age of political lightweights then May would probably revoke A50 and then immediately resign and call a GE. Unfortunately we don't live in a time of integrity so instead they will wring their hands a little while longer before asking for an extension so we can have a second referendum in the futile hope that this will absolve them of responsibility.
    I'm not so sure. May definitely wants parliament to take control so the blame can be placed on their collective heads and not just Con party. I don't think any PM would rescind A50 and then call a GE as it would likely see their party destroyed in the election.

With regard to a 2nd ref I think she was banking on her deal being defeated and Lab then tabling a motion for one for remain and her deal (if remain won she would be able to blame Lab for taking Brexit away from the people and if her deal passed she would be proved right) but this has not happened.

Yet the majority voted for it.

Enjoy this twitter feed, with dribbles likeminded buddies realising what is really happening to their brexit

https://mobile.twitter.com/TiceRicha...15719844278275