Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    While reading fanmade stuff like this is interesting once in a while, I think this would be the one race that can’t be Hunter. Sure, they use harpoon turrets and javelins, but it’s actually the only race I don’t think has ever shown use of, or even needed, a bow as they are underwater dwellers and casters.

Naga with two legs are not Naga. Either keep the tail 100% of the time or no Naga IMO.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Naga with two legs are not Naga. Either keep the tail 100% of the time or no Naga IMO.
    I'm inclined to agree the more I look at them.

Like, the tail shouldn't be a hindrance. Shoe armor could just be made into some sort of cosmetic on the tip of their tail, whilst the tail should be easy enough to manipulate so that it made sense on mounts. Regular human-esque legs with knees and feet just feels wrong for them, and so does them being able to go back to Elf form.

They're either Naga or they're Elves and then they're no longer Naga.

Very cool concept but it would be a total waste to give those to the Alliance. Espcially if the blue got the Ankohan (Deep sea jinyu who hate naga)

The Naga were the most faithful and loyal servants of Queen Azshara, why would they decide one day that she is a tyrant and betray her? And aren't all Naga mind-controlled by Azshara/N'zoth?

The Nazdorei should arise only after N'zoth's defeat, not centuries before.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I would love for there to be playable naga! And while I commend you effort, I'm personally not fond of the dual form idea. Again, you did a great job. But I will still fantasize that they'd find a way to make it work as a naga 100% of the time. Uu'nat is more octopus than snake now, and the 2 side tentacles sort of resemble legs, especially when walking. Maybe they could go that route and find some creative way for them to have tentacle legs that can wear gear. Either way, congratz on the idea and execution.

EDIT: And I would like to add, as nysisyn mentioned, I think they would rather go horde than alliance, if they're already going to get a water race in the jinyu (not confirmed ofc)

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    The Naga were the most faithful and loyal servants of Queen Azshara, why would they decide one day that she is a tyrant and betray her? And aren't all Naga mind-controlled by Azshara/N'zoth?

The Nazdorei should arise only after N'zoth's defeat, not centuries before.
    Skar'this the Heretic worships Neptulon instead of Azshara.

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    The art's extremely well done, so kudos to you on that one.

My only real gripe is that their Elven form looks too damned much like the Shal'dorei. I do get what you were going with - Naga were Highborne before they turned into, well, Naga, but I feel like their humanoid forms are just too similar, and the addition of scales is kind of a cop out. I would have gone more with giving them Naga frills and features even while in their elven forms, and kept away from the purple skin-tone in the concept art, and instead used the more traditional Naga Blue and Green to really differentiate them from the other elves. IT might also help to put an emphasis on webbed fingers and toes, and replace the Elven ears with fin-like sails instead. Anything to help differentiate them as a reskin Highborne when they're not in their Naga form.

As they are right now, while the concept looks really, really cool and well done, they really do just like look Highborne with Scales in their elven forms.
    I did in fact make more skintones and scale options (not just the colors) and also more hair colors that would affect the color of the fins in their Naga form. But I felt like there's already too much images so I decided to not post these. So here's a little preview but this isn't complete either.

I only have so much time to work on concepts like this while doing my regular job and my other projects, so I won't be probably updating the Nazdorei any further. However, I thank you for being kind and for all the feedback.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-03-13 at 09:52 PM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

So we get there and there's a exile faction of Naga that need our help to be freed of their oppression. Feels familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    I did in fact make more skintones and scale options (not just the colors) and also more hair colors that would affect the color of the fins in their Naga form. But I felt like there's already too much images so I decided to not post these. So here's a little preview but this isn't complete either.

I only have so much time to work on concepts like this while doing my regular job and my other projects, so I won't be probably updating the Nazdorei any further. However, I thank you for being kind and for all the feedback.
    The hair and skin colors do totally help differentiate them, but I still feel like they need a bit more than scales to make them feel "Fishy" enough to still feel like Naga, even in their Elven forms, and not just scaley Highborne.

They still look great though all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Looks cool. I only don't like the idea of giving them crabs as their mount. I'd much rather see the snap dragons back from WC3
    I totally forgot about these. They look great and would make a wonderful racial mount for such a race. Shame that they didn't make them appear in WoW - the standard cat model rig would be totally sufficient to make it happen. Perhaps we'll see them in future.
    Last edited by Big Mama; 2019-03-13 at 10:00 PM.
    he/him/his • please go check out Nazdorei (Playable Naga Concept) and Kul Tiran Female Edit.

Night elves would never accept those into the alliance

7+ Year Old Account
    This is actually really well done and kudos to you! I don't have an opinion one way or another on whether they should or shouldn't happen, but really creative take on implementing Naga.

Pretty cool. I think they should have more naga features. Gills/fins and webed hands/feet. More serpent looking in humanoid. Pretty but more alien.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm impressed with the work put in here, I wouldn't be opposed to it but most players since we saw Naga in WoW, most wanted to be that a Naga not a variant of it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post

https://i.imgur.com/oNc9sYB.png
    https://i.imgur.com/DSNB88a.png
    https://i.imgur.com/HqweoMb.png
    https://i.imgur.com/sohxGzg.png

These are not Naga, they're just more elves.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    I like it, but that means we have to pull some more horde elves out of nowhere.

Light elves?
    Sanlayn .

7+ Year Old Account
    Please, for the good of everyone, no. more. god. damn. elves.

Ehh... kudos to the work put in, but Naga as Elves, do not a Naga make... alla blizz has to do is make Naga work, it’ll take more work than usual for a playable race... but it can be done.

Congratulations. Your concepts look better than the Night Elves/Nightborne Blizzard has created... Which is sad, if you think about it.