Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Ya to keep you playing and paying as long as possible.
    Or you know to mimic the original content launches so that gear from later raids and 5mans like ZG and DM don't trivialize the earlier raids like MC.

10+ Year Old Account
    As interesting as knowing the release schedule is, I'm more interested to know when Classic is actually being launched during the Summer and whether subs via tokens on Retail will be allowed to play it.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Of course they have to stagger the content to avoid having dead servers a month after launch.
    That’s not why they do this. It takes a month for the absolute most competitive players to reach 60 and get attuned.

This is done because some dungeons drop gear that trivialize drops from tier 1. Dire maul at initial launch would’ve been a big problem and that was the main concern, Mara at initial launch is also a concern but a lesser one

This is a long shot, but does anyone recall when the recepie for lionheart helm was released back in vanilla?

The titianic leggings pattern dropping later in the patch cycle is a given based on the blue response however i'm wondering if lionheart was available earlier, bit of googling returned some comments of it being a raid-based random boss drop off ony & MC bosses, can anyone verify this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it was released in 1.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    As interesting as knowing the release schedule is, I'm more interested to know when Classic is actually being launched during the Summer and whether subs via tokens on Retail will be allowed to play it.
    I would imagine if you have an active sub, no matter how you are paying for it, you'll be fine since the subscription includes both games (whether you play both or not). The purists will just have to deal with that.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I would imagine if you have an active sub, no matter how you are paying for it, you'll be fine since the subscription includes both games (whether you play both or not). The purists will just have to deal with that.
    I don't see that as an issue as the gold from the current game can't be used inside of Classic. I'm not entirely sure anyone would object to it anyways, how you pay for it doesn't really matter.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I'm as purist as purist can get, and I'm fine with BfA tokens paying Classic subs. As long as tokens aren't sold INSIDE Classic, everything should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I'm as purist as purist can get, and I'm fine with BfA tokens paying Classic subs. As long as tokens aren't sold INSIDE Classic, everything should be fine.
    Well... TECHNICALLY you could be more purist then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Well... TECHNICALLY you could be more purist then, right?
    What does paying with tokens have to do with how Classic plays? It's no different than someone who used to pay with a game card rather than a CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    What does paying with tokens have to do with how Classic plays? It's no different than someone who used to pay with a game card rather than a CC.
    Oh I agree, it’s completely inconsequential and should not be a debate.
    But... it wasn’t in classic, so one TECHNICALLY could be more purist than you by not wanting that

idk why but i can sorta see people getting too hyped for classic and then when they play it, it is a total let down for them. Causing them to hate Vanilla WoW, making them complain about not only BFA but also Classic and ultimate kill all their love and memories for the game. I hope that is not the case.

Holy timegating batman!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevied View Post
    Holy timegating batman!
    Having a luxurious 6-course meal served through the evening to music and drinks is generally more enjoyable than getting a gigantic plate set in front of you with everything mashed together, just because that plate technically contains all of the courses you'd have anyway.

I am very interested to know the time between these phases but I have no doubt they are necessary.
    What I'm more interested in knowing is that if there's any balancing changes between these phases or if classes are 1.12 the entire time.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Oh I agree, it’s completely inconsequential and should not be a debate.
    But... it wasn’t in classic, so one TECHNICALLY could be more purist than you by not wanting that

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Having a luxurious 6-course meal served through the evening to music and drinks is generally more enjoyable than getting a gigantic plate set in front of you with everything mashed together, just because that plate technically contains all of the courses you'd have anyway.

I am very interested to know the time between these phases but I have no doubt they are necessary.
    What I'm more interested in knowing is that if there's any balancing changes between these phases or if classes are 1.12 the entire time.
    Its not only a matter of being a well served meal.

Its about having content that rewards INSANE powerful gear since day 1...making current content easier....even pitiful easy.
    Its trying to emulate the hardships of an actual Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Its not only a matter of being a well served meal.

Its about having content that rewards INSANE powerful gear since day 1...making current content easier....even pitiful easy.
    Its trying to emulate the hardships of an actual Vanilla.
    Oh we know that. It's just that most of these mouth-breathers can't understand the complexity of your point. He was trying to break it down into bite-sized bits of info for them.

Heh, see what I did there? Served food? Bite-sized? Eh? Eh!?

dat nax tho

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    When did the Classic community ever want this? Even at the beginning people were saying things like “let Nost develop it,” which would mean everything out at launch. Also, this is completely Blizzqrds decision. The Classic community isn’t making this game.
    Face it, Blizz did this for 2 reasons (possibly). 1. they realized players would clear all of the content in less than a month, and 2. they want to make sure people play long enough to justify all the time they spent in this development.
    On a side note, it’s also funny seeing all the people complaining about retail and praising Classic like it’s not being developed by the same company. “Blizzard is a bunch of cash hungry a holes!” Except when it comes to Classic apparently.
    "Let Nost develop it" um, hey genius, you realize that Blizzard owns it, right? They can do whatever they want with it. They owe nobody anything whatsoever. This is a business. They trade a product for cold hard cash, that's how this shit works. I get that you can't comprehend what I'm saying, because you delude yourself into believing that things should be the way YOU see them, but they're not. Keep up, because your mindset is making you trail far behind the rest of us.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore