Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Neat, I'm not a big Halo fan but if it's on Steam I'm sure it will get discounted eventually. Would be nice to play 3 and Reach at last.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    ODST is bloody great.
    It's one of a few reasons I ended up liking ODST when it came out- the music and the dark city/situations and eventually felt like a Halo game. Something about the sound and music in the MCC ODST remaster sounded 'off' though, I think it was muffed or played at a lower bitrate. It's been a long time since I played it so I don't exactly remember.

Edit - Are the Windows/Steam versions getting XB1 cross-play capability ?
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2019-03-13 at 10:57 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    So you mean most people already have a display that is compatible with PCs?

And don't give me the input lag speel because if you care about that you shouldn't be playing console games on a TV either.

Claiming the One X is gonna have lasting power when it's gen is almost over? Sure thing... Buying a PS4 Pro or Xbox One X right now is actually quite silly, because both are going to be replace with similar priced and much more powerful systems in 1-1.5 years.
    People who game on PC tend to give a shit about refresh rates though...most console players don't give a damn about it(or resolution for that matter). It's one of the major differences in a console gamer vs pc gamer. So yes...you're right..you can build a PC and have something to game on immediately...it's just not ideal.

As far as the 2nd part...The X and Pro will have a lot of releases on their newer variant as well as on them for the first couple years. They know doing what they did this gen won't work two times in a row if they don't. So an xbox one x has a lot more lasting power over the potato pc you can get for $500.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    People who game on PC tend to give a shit about refresh rates though...most console players don't give a damn about it(or resolution for that matter). It's one of the major differences in a console gamer vs pc gamer. So yes...you're right..you can build a PC and have something to game on immediately...it's just not ideal.

As far as the 2nd part...The X and Pro will have a lot of releases on their newer variant as well as on them for the first couple years. They know doing what they did this gen won't work two times in a row if they don't. So an xbox one x has a lot more lasting power over the potato pc you can get for $500.
    Hate to break it to you but just like on console the amount of people who give a fuck about Frame Rate and Refresh Rate on PC's is also as small as the console counter part.

Like do you think every PC gamer has a $1000+ PC with a 120hz display, If so I got bad news for you.

MS has bowed out of the console race and is becoming a service. As time goes on they are going to give less fuck's about hardware. Don't be surprised if they drop the XB1 (and X) within the first year of their new system.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I have always been interested in Halo games tho never had the chance to play them as I never owned consoles.
    I really would like to play this one. I was just wondering that, since halo universe is huge, just exactly when this game is taking place?
    Is it from the start of the story or somewhere in the middle?
    I would like to start from the very beginning of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I have always been interested in Halo games tho never had the chance to play them as I never owned consoles.
    I really would like to play this one. I was just wondering that, since halo universe is huge, just exactly when this game is taking place?
    Is it from the start of the story or somewhere in the middle?
    I would like to start from the very beginning of the story.
    Master Chief collection contains all 3 main series games for the story, as well Reach, a prequel to the first game, ending just before the first game begins, much like Rogue 1 is to Star Wars.

@AwkwardSquirtle so if i get this I can follow the story with ease you say. I am definitely buying this.

I haven't owned a Microsoft console since my 360 crapped out years ago and no plans on owning one again. Super excited to play this series again, was is still my favorite FPS series of all time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still remember running Halo 3 couch co-op with a friend on highest difficulty and we were corpse tossing on the flood stage. Those were some good times.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

I liked two, but for some reason I found Halo 1 to be a bit of a drag at some parts.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious, have they said if Game Pass subscribers or current owners of the game need to repurchase the game? Also, what about Guardians? It's still part of the series, even if people didn't like it as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    @AwkwardSquirtle so if i get this I can follow the story with ease you say. I am definitely buying this.
    The only halo game you won't have is 5....but with MCC coming to PC And them showing off Infinite at E3 I would expect a Halo 5 PC announcement at E3 as well. This way PC players can catch up with the story as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgaan View Post
    I'm curious, have they said if Game Pass subscribers or current owners of the game need to repurchase the game? Also, what about Guardians? It's still part of the series, even if people didn't like it as much.
    They haven't...I'm wondering about this too..would be a good way to sell a lot more subscriptions to games pass tbh. Halo 5 I am expecting to come to PC as well. Possible announcement at E3 after they show off Infinite...It would be really stupid for them not to have Guardians on PC if they have Halo MCC going to PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Master Chief collection contains all 3 main series games for the story, as well Reach, a prequel to the first game, ending just before the first game begins, much like Rogue 1 is to Star Wars.
    Same ending as Rogue One too.

Oh, uh, spoilers for a 10 year old game I guess.

Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-14 at 09:52 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    To play these games? Easy.

You don't need a monitor, you have a TV, it's not the greatest, but it works. Mouse and Keyboard you can get in a package for 20 bucks, headset you can get for 20 bucks, and you can build an ok gaming pc for 400 bucks, people do it all the time.

Now to play modern games you'd probably be looking at closer to 500 for the PC alone yes, but it's still not that much for the world it opens up.
    You can build a computer capable of 4k60FPS gaming for less than £400?

Quote Originally Posted by imunreal View Post
    You can build a computer capable of 4k60FPS gaming for less than £400?
    Considering that neither the One X nor the PS4 Pro can play at 4k60 (they play at 4k30, and downscale A LOT) don't even know why you bother asking.

Another rumor that ties into this is that this is also going to be included in the announcement of XBOX games pass for PC.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post

LMAO the One X and PS4 Pro are not going to get any games past typical cross gen support for the first 2 years which are also on the base PS4 and Xbox One.

If you honestly think the One X or PS4 Pro will be getting next gen exclusive games downgraded for them lol...

Also what do you mean by do what they did again this gen? The X and Pro make up a tiny portion of the install bases. There is no reason for them to support them past the support of the original systems due to this. They can do it next gen as well because people who care(which are a vast minority) will buy them once again if they offer them. Although there may not even be a point for them next gen unless 8k gets adopted much faster then it looks like it will.

Also that $500 "potato" PC will probably have a better CPU then even next gen consoles will have. If you play at 1080p or even 1440p it would probably play games well into the gen.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-03-14 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    LMAO the One X and PS4 Pro are not going to get any games past typical cross gen support for the first 2 years which are also on the base PS4 and Xbox One.

If you honestly think the One X or PS4 Pro will be getting next gen exclusive games downgraded for them lol...

Also that $500 "potato" PC will probably have a better CPU then even next gen consoles will have. If you play at 1080p or even 1440p it would probably play games well into the gen.
    The Xbox Brand is most likely going to do what Nintendo did with the 3DS and then the "new" 3DS. Their goal will be having an ecosystem for Xbox....between Windows and the consoles. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if their next gen is just an upgrade in hardware from the xbox one X. You're probably right about the next playstation. Although I do think if Xbox goes this route, then Sony's hand will be forced.

As far as the comment on the processor...lol...if you honestly think a shit cpu can handle 1440p you'll be greeted with a kick in the face by modern games. It may do 1080p medium to high...but it won't handle 1440p. Hell my 2500k sandy bridge...which is better than both the ps4 pro and xbox one x processors(which came out late 2010/2011) will either be on par or still better than next gen console processor...It started showing it's age when I went to 1440p gaming. So you're an idiot if you think a meh processor in a meh $4-500 build will handle 1440p.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Considering that neither the One X nor the PS4 Pro can play at 4k60 (they play at 4k30, and downscale A LOT) don't even know why you bother asking.
    Even still, the main word is capable...a $4-500 PC isn't going to be able to support 1440p at medium settings never mind 4k.

If I can buy them all individually then that would be a pretty cool thing. But I imagine it'll just be one bundle.

Only two I really care about are 1 and 2 because those days as a 11-12 year old on Xbox Live getting yelled at by angry adults who were still living with their parents was the best thing ever.