Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    Why are you recommending Flurry Axe for Warriors over Ironfoe?

Why isn't Felstriker in there either?
    I've updated the fury warrior column. Have a look!

I've added tooltips/notes to each cell with info about the items. Please send me a PM if you find any inaccurate info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sticky this shit.

I was about to complain that you didn't make a note on where they drop, then I clicked on an item... Don't know how accurate the list is, but if you listen to feedback should all be good.

Good work.

Quote Originally Posted by The-loon View Post
    Hey, your list a great guideline and start but wanted to help make some corrections.

I've played private servers for a number of years and certain items you have related to certain lists either won't be out in the patch I'm assuming your associating the item to or there's a better item in the said slot. anyway here's my advice critique for Warlocks:

In your pre-raid gear list you have many items from DM. I know there is speculation that DM may be released with the launch of Classic. If not though, DM is a patch 1.3 dungeon, and therefore it is feasible that many guilds will clear MC well before this patch is launched.

You list the Crimson felt hat as Warlock helm BiS but that actually comes out with patch 1.4 which is after DM but before the "of wrath green" patch. So I'd definitely remove that as the helm BiS since you'll most likely be using Felcloth set in many slots unless you grind out honor for the PvP gear. 100% the 2 pc bonus of the PvP set is BiS pre-raid. The pieces ARE DIFFERENT between horde and alliance so check to see which 2pc you should be using based on the faction you plan to play.

If classic launches in patch 1.2 (with patch 1.12 talents) then the Spirit of aquamentas will not have been changed yet and not be BiS. In patch 1.2 that OH decreases the mana cost of spells by 25, it's updated in patch 1.3 to give 20 spellpower.

The +8 spellpower enchants arent available in patch 1.2, also come out with DM so be careful, may be using +8 int enchants.

Briarwood reed initially has +22 spellpower on it and is changed in patch 1.5 to 29 spellpower. Depending on how many warlocks you bring to raid and your spellpower it will be better to use the 2% crit trinket (eye of beast) to keep up improved shadowbolt on raid bosses which allows your shadowbolt to hit for 1.2 time damage. Crit is generally valued at 8-12 spellpower depending on your individual stats and raid comp.

In 'Stage 1" you list the Robe of Volatile power, that items comes out in patch 1.5 and if we are assuming that stage 1 is pre BWL gear then there should be some updates to this list too:

In this patch they release green items that can roll no stats but very high values of shadow spell dmg, frost spell dmg, etc. Simultaneously they nerf a few items, most notably for us our T2 helm, the spellpower bonus is reduced to 20, yikes. So we actually use a green helmet with +41 shadowpower, bracers/back/shoulders with +21 shadowpower, +21 wand (23 can technically roll but not count on these actually dropping as they can only be looted from 63 elite mobs), and mana igniting cord as our belt (second best is whispered secrets). Also don't give any warlocks rings of spellpower they remain BiS for mages into BWL but warlocks use other rings.

Si denote the boots and pants you have listed are BiS but are off world dragon bosses which most guilds will never kill do to the world pvp battles around them. If you dont have access to those items use skyshroud leggings (they get buffed to +33 spellpower) and use +30 shadowwrath green boots.

Finally in "stage 2" you have listed ToEP trinket, this does slightly less dmg than the trinket form hakkar's heart in Z.G assuming you're only casting SB as you should be (except shadowburn when appropriate).

Anyway hope to see you guys out there!

WHAT in gods name are you babbeling about like a moron who has an axe sticking out of their head....are you even able to understand the patch order in classic?

RELEASE: PATCH 1.1
    MARA: PATCH 1.2
    DM: PATCH 1.3
    CALL TO WAR: PATCH 1.4
    BGS: PATCH 1.5
    BWL: PATCH 1.6
    ZG: PATCH 1.7
    GREEN DRAGONS: PATCH 1.8
    AQ: PATCH 1.9
    WEATHER EFFECTS: PATCH 1.10
    NAXX: PATCH 1.11
    DRUMS OF WAR: PATCH 1.12 <------------------------ THIS FUCKING PATCH RIGHT HERE IS WHERE WE ARE STARTING AT YOU IDIOT
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    WHAT in gods name are you babbeling about like a moron who has an axe sticking out of their head....are you even able to understand the patch order in classic?

RELEASE: PATCH 1.1
    MARA: PATCH 1.2
    DM: PATCH 1.3
    CALL TO WAR: PATCH 1.4
    BGS: PATCH 1.5
    BWL: PATCH 1.6
    ZG: PATCH 1.7
    GREEN DRAGONS: PATCH 1.8
    AQ: PATCH 1.9
    WEATHER EFFECTS: PATCH 1.10
    NAXX: PATCH 1.11
    DRUMS OF WAR: PATCH 1.12 <------------------------ THIS FUCKING PATCH RIGHT HERE IS WHERE WE ARE STARTING AT YOU IDIOT
    Now read the last Classic update and apologise.

Updated accordingly to the latest blue post about 6 stages!

5+ Year Old Account
    Amazing work, thanks for sharing. I got quite nostalgic reading through some of the lists. Book marking it for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Hottage View Post
    Did I provide utility which would otherwise have been unavailable? Yes.
    And that is the ONLY reason you were brought to a raid. As a buff bitch.

Ret pallys, oomkin, and some other dps specs that were invited to raid was basically do your one job (buff), any dps done was just so you did something other than stand there and afk with the other AFKers
    Last edited by babalou1; 2019-03-13 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelovV View Post
    Now read the last Classic update and apologise.
    Legit that post will age like wine in terms of stupidity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pingowtf View Post
    edit, 21 feb: Updated elemental shaman, s-priest and a lot on the prot warrior columns.
    edit, 25 feb: Updated warrior weapons accordingly to racials, as well as added some dungeon BoP's
    edit, 11 march: Added tooltips/notes to each cell with info about the items. Please send me a PM if you find any inaccurate info.
    edit, 12 march: Updated accordingly to the latest blue post about 6 stages!
    It would be great if we could select classes from a drop down class list, it would alleviate the clutter a lot. If you don't know how to do in Excel that just let me know, though I'm not sure if the google doc version of Excel supports drop down lists though.

Can you freeze column A so it's always visible the further right you scroll
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

@prwraith Freezing a column would be great. Not sure if it's possible.

edit: it is possible.. Great idea! I'll sort it out tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Razzako, agree... Not sure if it's supported though... Just like you say.
    Last edited by pingowtf; 2019-03-14 at 08:55 PM.

Loomguard armbraces instead of magiskull cuffs for holy pally preraid? Lose 6 spirit and 8 intellect for up to 33 healing power. Stamina and armor too since they're mail but less relevant. I know crits good for hpally but I think 33 healing power is gonna be better most of the time, can't get a ton of crit at that stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctaidd View Post
    Loomguard armbraces instead of magiskull cuffs for holy pally preraid? Lose 6 spirit and 8 intellect for up to 33 healing power. Stamina and armor too since they're mail but less relevant. I know crits good for hpally but I think 33 healing power is gonna be better most of the time, can't get a ton of crit at that stage.
    Fixed! Thanks for pointing it out.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Would an arms warrior use the same gear as fury or was that strictly a pvp spec?

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    Would an arms warrior use the same gear as fury or was that strictly a pvp spec?
    Arms is generally more of a PvP specc, ye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bookmarked the hell out of this, fantastic work!

Am I reading this right - The Judgement Set is at no point Bis for Holy Paladins?

Terminologies like pre-raid BiS or BiS I don't think existed back in the day. That's definitely a terminology that came with later expansions. Back then, it wasn't uncommon to see people in their full tier 0 dungeon sets which for the most part were not pre-raid BiS. I had my full Magister set on my mage, which was better than quest greens, but not quite up to par if I had farmed more efficiently. I think if classic WoW launches, I still might get my whole tier 0 set simply because I want it for collection and to be able to say I did it. Byebye bank space however...

Quote Originally Posted by Akasha64 View Post
    Terminologies like pre-raid BiS or BiS I don't think existed back in the day. That's definitely a terminology that came with later expansions. Back then, it wasn't uncommon to see people in their full tier 0 dungeon sets which for the most part were not pre-raid BiS. I had my full Magister set on my mage, which was better than quest greens, but not quite up to par if I had farmed more efficiently. I think if classic WoW launches, I still might get my whole tier 0 set simply because I want it for collection and to be able to say I did it. Byebye bank space however...
    You and I think alike! I too did raid with full Magister's on my mage! =D I mean, the 8-piece set bonus being +8 resist all - how can you argue against that kind of versatility??