Page 91 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The media in this case absolutely deserves everything, they have earned hatred and do not deserve respect. At best they deserve scorn and venom wherever they show their heads. And that is just for the dead of Iraq, Syria, Lybia and elswhere, for Sandman they at least all deserve to be shunned.

- - - Updated - - -

His rhetoric is involved how? I thought you lot prided yourself on your rationality? Is the simple knowledge that there is a president you don't like such an overpowering offense that you lash out at smiling white teenagers?
    people being pro media, forget the shit that got pushed down our throats to get us behind every shitty war we have fought in the last 20 years at least.

they forget the media isn't a non-profit or a charity, journos are just corporate shills pushing what ever narrative they see gains the most profit.

media in the UK is owned by 5 billionaires

Rupert Murdoch (owner of News International)
    Richard Desmond (who was the owner of the Express)
    Viscount Rothermere (owner of of the Mail)...
    and the two Barclay Brothers (owners of the Telegraph)

its likely the same in the US.

and those guys don't make there billions pushing news papers, they have other company's and assets with vested interests in where the political wind takes them, the media is just how they can influence the masses to push and support the policy's that will profit them.

the media is politics at the front line, without all the nasty laws about foreign actors and other interests.

its all a scummy shitty world, from buzz feed the the new York times.

Gaslighting doesn't help you. Never pretend you are some friend of mine when you aren't.

Making a few mistakes isn't what happened here. They not only didn't do any research, but they also were exceptionally slow to respond and in the case of WaPo insisted on using Russell Conjugations to still cast one actor in this as the villain despite being vindicated and the actual villain in all this as still sympethetic and good, despite everything.

Also, if the defense for CNN/WaPo is "WHAT ABOUT FOX!!!!?" then It isn't I who is making a moral equivalency.
    I haven't pretended to be your friend, but I also know you're not stupid.

You were responding about CNN/WaPo being as bad as Fox, I replied to that. It doesn't become a fallacy because I mentioned them in reply to you. That isn't how that works.

Has it ever been a crime for the press to change their story "too slow" for your standards?

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I haven't pretended to be your friend, but I also know you're not stupid.

You were responding about CNN/WaPo being as bad as Fox, I replied to that. It doesn't become a fallacy because I mentioned them in reply to you. That isn't how that works.

Has it ever been a crime for the press to change their story "too slow" for your standards?
    Again, don't be manipulative and I won't call you out on it.

The issue is ultimately they didn't want the story to be different, thus you can explain for example the use of Russell Conjugations and other vocabularies to still frame the story in the same way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Thats not proof. I'm asking you for proof. You typed out words without any sources.
    Your claim was that that was the "information being reported that appeared to be the truth to the best of their knowledge".

But the information available at the time actually disproved the story, yet they parroted it.
    This proves that wasn't the information to the best of their knowledge, because they didn't apply any knowledge before typing out the news. I don't need to quote sources here when basic logic disproves your claim just as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, I think a company should be legally allowed to refuse to serve black people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Right now the left is fact based

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Your claim was that that was the "information being reported that appeared to be the truth to the best of their knowledge".

But the information available at the time actually disproved the story, yet they parroted it.
    This proves that wasn't the information to the best of their knowledge, because they didn't apply any knowledge before typing out the news. I don't need to quote sources here when basic logic disproves your claim just as well.
    You’re not providing proof. “I don’t need to provide proof because I say so”

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    We are not lawyers, thats true. My argument comes from a place of support for free speech and equality under the law. It's rather unnerving to think of how expansive the fallout would be if this lawsuit succeeded.

I just searched CNN, and I found numerous stories on Covi ngton.
    Maybe its just me because anything I search for, no matter what browser comes up as an error in CNN's search bar. Even if I search from firefox or google it comes back the same and only Covington high issues. Same goes for youtube, the only CNN video I can find is Chris Cuomo. Weird.

I stand for free speech, but this is one of those cases where I'd side on the minor. The kids life, at least for the immediate foreseeable future, will be upended. He is now a public figure due to erroneous reporting and viral smear campaigns. His face is plastered on every network, the internet, and unless he grows a thick ass beard (doubt) people will recognize him and he will be subject to the consequences of that erroneous reporting and those smear campaigns by headline jackers.

I'd retract that support if this kid received the same treatment and air time refuting he did anything wrong. I think he deserves that a lot more then millions of dollars. The fact is, he won't. The fault here imo really lies with those who propelled the smear. They failed to be an arbiter of reason or truth and used their position to just propel a message that wasn't even their own. Trying to use the 1A as a shield for their ignorance wont work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post

Essentially their position is akin to me saying:

The Sanskrit word for Mother is MEEPMORP, despite the Sanskrit word for Mother being a thing I could google and with about 5 minutes or less of research would have the correct answer, I just run with my initial answer and when called out say "Well that was the best answer I had avaliable at the time".
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Rysthruun View Post
    No, that's also incorrect, in regards to food safety. Many coffee chains and fast food restaurants still serve coffee at the same temperature McDonalds did or well above the burning temperature specified in the litigation. Starbucks and Dunkin Doughnuts both do, and I believe this was covered in the HBO documentary. They just haven't been sued enough. Ironic.

It wasn't the QC guy "spilling the beans" any elementary school nurse could likely tell you what temperature you are going to experience a burn at. It was the legal team arguing the case that showcased the recklessness in that combined decision (Messaging between corporate and QC discovery) and the complete disregard for consumer safety after X amount of burns had happened.
    That despite the amount of money the company had already paid out, they were not willing to consider a change. That's what prompted the enormous punitive damage sum by the jury, to coerce the company to change it's policy.

In this case, the burden of proof is libel.

https://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/libel

Any news venue from CNN to the enquirer would definitely be granted a grace period to "correct" their reporting. However, this continued onwards past the full video release. To CNN's credit, it wasn't their 'journalists' producing content, it was on the commentary panels they aired who did nothing but condemn this minor and his community and which re-played on 24 hour segments. I am unable to find a retraction by CNN in print or video, maybe you can? The closest thing to it was a segment by Chris Cuomo where HE "doesn't blame the kids" but the staff, parents, other kids were to blame more or less through not walking away while waiting for their bus. Again, no official retraction from CNN that the minor wasn't a "racist teen confronting a native American man in his maga hat". Instead of retracting, they went on to talk about how this is all Trumps fault. A point that Linwood will point to along with their history especially during the 2016 and post 2016 news cycle as being "malicious".

I could be wrong, but I think I read that 81 different libel lawsuits are going to be filed or maybe that's subpoenas for Trumps people? Either case, a lot of people are going to be sued over this. The nail in the coffin for the larger media venues is going to be the smaller fish without the huge corporate legal teams being sued, whose testimony where they made threats against these minors will likely be used in the larger testimonial bodies against venues like CNN, Wapo, etc. The smaller fish aren't journalists, these were people making assumptions based off their reporting and like I said it will be damning. They are getting their news from these sources and the likely hood is certain that their testimony will be used in larger lawsuits to prove extent of damages in both punitive and restitutive purposes. As Uncle Ben used to say.....
    Ok, so I've been at work and not able to really put the effort into responses I generally do, and this is veering into off topic territory. I was going from memory before, I had a second to review things. According to the judge in that case, it's really a combination of what we were saying. There were a half dozen witnesses from engineers to burn ward doctors to testify about the danger of liquids at that temperature. A juror was also quoted as saying she didn't think McDonald's took the previous injuries seriously enough. Where CNN (and, by extension, every large corporate media entity) has some questionable practices that have led to litigation, McDonald's had claims numbering between 700 and 800. The jury didn't like the corporate math of balancing that against the millions of cups served a day, meaning the rate of burns was actually fairly low. It still seemed dehumanizing to them. There was also a third factor that neither of us mentioned. The jury felt that consumers weren't adequately warned about the abnormally high temperatures. And there was also still the fact that she asked $20k to cover medical expenses and they offered her $800. It was a whole lot of factors working together, that still got thrown out on appeal and settled for an undisclosed amount some time later.

In fairness, I do have to say that I do not consume television news in any way from any outlet. So their television coverage could have been totally out of bounds, but those commentators are, usually, not CNN employees. "The opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect..." You know that whole disclaimer. Ultimately, they just reported what happened. CNN was already changing their tune by the following afternoon. I do have one quote from a broadcast: "there's something very clear happening here ... it is clear what started the tension were the black men who call themselves Hebrew Israelites ... were being hateful towards this group of students." One of their hosts, S.E. Cupp tweeted out an apology that evening and retracted. Again, they did run a piece written by the student in question, allowing him to publicly tell his side of the story. The story broke late Saturday, and this was all Sunday. This wasn't the targeted hit piece you're making it out to be. They got it wrong, but getting one wrong isn't illegal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You’re not providing proof. “I don’t need to provide proof because I say so”
    The proof is that the correct and full story was available at the time the articles were published. The only excuse for CNN/WaPo and others is them admitting they did zero research.

Maybe its just me because anything I search for, no matter what browser comes up as an error in CNN's search bar. Even if I search from firefox or google it comes back the same and only Covington high issues. Same goes for youtube, the only CNN video I can find is Chris Cuomo. Weird.

I stand for free speech, but this is one of those cases where I'd side on the minor. The kids life, at least for the immediate foreseeable future, will be upended. He is now a public figure due to erroneous reporting and viral smear campaigns. His face is plastered on every network, the internet, and unless he grows a thick ass beard (doubt) people will recognize him and he will be subject to the consequences of that erroneous reporting and those smear campaigns by headline jackers.

I'd retract that support if this kid received the same treatment and air time refuting he did anything wrong. I think he deserves that a lot more then millions of dollars. The fact is, he won't. The fault here imo really lies with those who propelled the smear. They failed to be an arbiter of reason or truth and used their position to just propel a message that wasn't even their own. Trying to use the 1A as a shield for their ignorance wont work.
    I just put "covington" in their search, and got back a bunch.

Considering Twitter randos also figured out the facts before CNN did by days. I think the issue is that you treat Twitter as a monolithic thing.
    It wasn't by days. That's my issue with you. CNN fixed it by the following day.

I don't treat Twitter as anything. You mentioned how they just found some video on Twitter (they didn't) , and then said they could have just checked Twitter for a better video.

My response to you remains. If the real information was so available, why did no one report it anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Yeah that octogenarian was just asking for it by the way he was dressed..... Dude you are the extreme left. Thinking some old guy wearing a hat and some nutter running people over are all the same. Absolute lunatic. Why do i get the impression you think people wearing a hat are enemy combatants.
    I look at any woman wearing a hijab in the western world as someone who openly promotes abuse and misogyny towards women despite what that persons personal beliefs are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    It wasn't by days. That's my issue with you. CNN fixed it by the following day.

I don't treat Twitter as anything. You mentioned how they just found some video on Twitter (they didn't) , and then said they could have just checked Twitter for a better video.

My response to you remains. If the real information was so available, why did no one report it anywhere?
    I don't believe I mentioned where the videos came from.

Why did nobody report it? That is a very interesting and illuminating question. Given that the info was available at the exact same time, it does beg many questions.

I don't believe I mentioned where the videos came from.

Why did nobody report it? That is a very interesting and illuminating question. Given that the info was available at the exact same time, it does beg many questions.
    Given that various organizations that are not related in any way and have vastly dissimilar goals and methods all came to the same conclusion, it means that there was nothing available or no one considered the sources legitimate.

Or you think there is some vast conspiracy involved in all media. Do you have a third option that is less idiotic than conspiracy theory?

7+ Year Old Account
    Given that various organizations that are not related in any way and have vastly dissimilar goals and methods all came to the same conclusion, it means that there was nothing available or no one considered the sources legitimate.

Or you think there is some vast conspiracy involved in all media. Do you have a third option that is less idiotic than a conspiracy theory?
    Unrelated organizations? It's staff come from the same socio-economic class, live in the same five cities, most of these organs are owned by similar/same parent companies and the idea that each individual company has some radically different socio-economic and cultural nature is kind of laughable.

And you are free to say whatever you like about it. I would indeed like a plausible answer as to why given the facts.

Unrelated organizations? It's staff come from the same socio-economic class, live in the same five cities, most of these organs are owned by similar/same parent companies and the idea that each individual company has some radically different socio-economic and cultural nature is kind of laughable.

And you are free to say whatever you like about it. I would indeed like a plausible answer as to why given the facts.
    The plausible answer is that the information wasn't readily available or not available from a source anyone would consider. If you're going with conspiracy, you do you, booboo, but I'm not even remotely entertaining flights of fantasy.

7+ Year Old Account
    The plausible answer is that the information wasn't readily available or not available from a source anyone would consider. If you're going with conspiracy, you do you, booboo, but I'm not even remotely entertaining flights of fantasy.
    The information was as available as the Sanskrit word for Mother is, its called google. The evidence presented shows this.

You say the word conspiracy but if a bunch of outlets like the Blaze, Fox, Breitbart etc all ran a similarish story would it be proof of these organizations forming a secret cabal?

In court, it's not about what you know, but what you can prove
    Good - can't wait for them to prove it. People have been found guilty for far less and I have no pity for any media outlet.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    I don't know how we fix it, but it would be awesome if we could get to the point where we are voting for the best person instead of against the worst.
    We need people to look at politicians based on their policy and not the theater that is presented to us by mainstream media. Why did Trump win? He said the right things to people like keeping jobs and building a wall. These are things people want to hear. Hillary wasn't even for Universal Health Care until Bernie Sanders had a talk with her, which is something the people also wanted to hear from her cause she was for it many years ago.

So whatever the Democrat runner is going to be, their stance is, "I'm not Trump". What do you think about jobs in the US? "I'm not Trump" What do you think about Health Care? "I'm not Trump" It's going to get to the point where the person might as well be Trump cause they don't offer any recommendations on what to change. That is the situation that mainstream media is going to setup. I just hope the American people are smart enough to smell bullshit to demand more than a "I'm not Trump" politician.

The information was as available as the Sanskrit word for Mother is, its called google. The evidence presented shows this.

You say the word conspiracy but if a bunch of outlets like the Blaze, Fox, Breitbart etc all ran a similarish story would it be proof of these organizations forming a secret cabal?
    most of them are owned by the same people or people that run in the same circles / clubs, share assets often.

its no secret clan thing. its rich old men, who are mates, trying to make themselves richer.