Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    To a point, yes. But folks have also been very shitty to devs (which is sadly common), which isn't right. Voicing complaints is fine, being a dick isn't.
    The time they had to bring the project to life was....? Not some indie devs asking for kickstarters then sitting in early access for the next 10 years. AAA company delivered B- product for AAA cost. Its a reoccurring problem weve seen way to many times and we are suppose to be nice to them after handing them 60+ bucks ?
    I preordered Division 2 played the beta... nope gimme my money back. Gamers deserve better.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    The time they had to bring the project to life was....?
    There's no excuse for being an asshole to these folks.

AAA company delivered B- product for AAA cost.
    Which has happened hundreds of times before and will happen hundreds times more. Again, not an excuse to be an asshole to folks.

Its a reoccurring problem weve seen way to many times and we are suppose to be nice to them after handing them 60+ bucks ?
    Stop. Buying. These. Games. That's the solution. Want to send a message? Don't buy them. Don't play them. Don't return to them. Don't spend on MTX/DLC. That sends a stronger message than harassing their developers, which only signals that their players are assholes and that developers shouldn't engage with them.

Gamers deserve better.
    They do, and it's time they wise up and start making better choices.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...97784015851520

Sounds like Jason Schreier at Kotaku is working on a piece for Anthem looking at development. I imagine it will be similar to some of his pieces on Destiny etc., I'm very interested to see what he's hearing from developers.

It's kind of a weird position to take where people are supposed to expect better but also be fine with whatever gets sold. It's kind of like blaming all criticism of the game on EA hate like was done on this board.

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...97784015851520

Sounds like Jason Schreier at Kotaku is working on a piece for Anthem looking at development. I imagine it will be similar to some of his pieces on Destiny etc., I'm very interested to see what he's hearing from developers.
    I had read from someone claiming that they followed the game from the original announcement very closely that senior devs walked off in 2017, a lead dev supposedly passed away which is when Ben came in, and there was supposedly an interview where they stated flying originally wasn't even in the game and was added in later which of course required an overhaul on a ton of the game to make it work. I haven't actually looked any of this up so grain of salt.

But yeah potentially a mix of everything that could go wrong, the game definitely plays like something that had a restart so I imagine all the theories will be confirmed.

The bigger issue to me, and this even happens in very polished games... is class / ability design and itemization always feel lacking to me. I would constantly write feedback posts for WoW because they'd repeat their own mistakes and make new ones that I feel anyone who's played the game even casually would know better than to make.

With Anthem, I strongly feel their current inscription itemization is probably one of their biggest issues. Its a huge part of what makes everything break down at level 30... and I similar to WoW I don't understand how someone designed that and thought it was good or even passable.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I had read from someone claiming that they followed the game from the original announcement very closely that senior devs walked off in 2017, a lead dev supposedly passed away which is when Ben came in, and there was supposedly an interview where they stated flying originally wasn't even in the game and was added in later which of course required an overhaul on a ton of the game to make it work. I haven't actually looked any of this up so grain of salt.
    Probably Aaryn Flyn, but he didn't die. He just left BW in 2017 and Ben came over from SWTOR to fill that position.

I've heard the same rumors on flight, but I've yet to see anything confirmed. You may be talking about the PC Games N interview, but that only talked about how the addition of flight (didn't say if it was late) forced them to rethink how they handled world design and combat compared to their previous titles.

There are a handful of key points I'm curious about but don't want to speculate on, so I'll be keeping an eye out for his article. Hopefully he's got some good details on the development process and if/where things went askew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's kind of a weird position to take where people are supposed to expect better but also be fine with whatever gets sold. It's kind of like blaming all criticism of the game on EA hate like was done on this board.
    Almost all the multiplayer PC games I've played went through this, so for me its not so much that people are supposed to be fine with it... just that people should be used to it by now. Its not out of the ordinary, its expected... and its a pleasant surprise when that isn't the case and a brand new IP or major reworked sequel drops and is polished.

I do hope for better in the future, but I also want to support devs who make posts like the last one I linked. Devs who are constantly engaging and owning up to their screw ups and dedicated to working with the community towards making the game better instead of acting holier than thou or worse, not communicating at all, while still putting in polished but worse designs.

There's a bunch of games I only touched for the first time months / years after launch that I was told were awful games (not unlike Warframe) and found that most of the issues people complained about were resolved and they were fun and good games. Right now based on what I've seen out of the devs I don't have a reason to think this game will be any different given time.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably Aaryn Flyn, but he didn't die. He just left BW in 2017 and Ben came over from SWTOR to fill that position.

I've heard the same rumors on flight, but I've yet to see anything confirmed. You may be talking about the PC Games N interview, but that only talked about how the addition of flight (didn't say if it was late) forced them to rethink how they handled world design and combat compared to their previous titles.

There are a handful of key points I'm curious about but don't want to speculate on, so I'll be keeping an eye out for his article. Hopefully he's got some good details on the development process and if/where things went askew.
    Yeah just people talking, I just take things at face value but don't put too much stock into it.

Definitely worth checking out that article when it comes. With how quickly the turnaround is on a lot of the things they're fixing I'd be surprised if its incompetence that caused the launch state as opposed to the usual issues. We'll see what he says, though I guess we gotta take that with a grain of salt too.

Definitely worth checking out that article when it comes. With how quickly the turnaround is on a lot of the things they're fixing I'd be surprised if its incompetence that caused the launch state as opposed to the usual issues. We'll see what he says, though I guess we gotta take that with a grain of salt too.
    I think it is...but it's not across the board. I have a hunch the biggest issues aren't that the rank and file employees aren't talented, but that BW just sucks at project management. Seeing what happened with ME:A and reading about the issues during development (which seemed mostly project management related) and then seeing similar types of issues crop up in Anthem has me sniffing in that direction. So that would be on team leads not effectively managing their teams workflows and time and not prioritizing the right things.

But it's pure speculation at this point that I can only back up with anecdotal observations.

Schreier is pretty legit though, he's almost always on-point with these types of pieces. Sure, grains of salt on some of the specifics but the broad strokes are usually pretty spot on.

I think it is...but it's not across the board. I have a hunch the biggest issues aren't that the rank and file employees aren't talented, but that BW just sucks at project management. Seeing what happened with ME:A and reading about the issues during development (which seemed mostly project management related) and then seeing similar types of issues crop up in Anthem has me sniffing in that direction. So that would be on team leads not effectively managing their teams workflows and time and not prioritizing the right things.

But it's pure speculation at this point that I can only back up with anecdotal observations.

Schreier is pretty legit though, he's almost always on-point with these types of pieces. Sure, grains of salt on some of the specifics but the broad strokes are usually pretty spot on.
    That's fair, I think we're thinking the same thing. I more or less meant not incompetence on the part of the people actually making the game (hence referencing the changes / fixes) as opposed to people making the decisions.

I hear Schreier is usually on point but there's been times where he wasn't and its hard to prove either way since these companies usually don't talk about these things so eh. Though with how transparent BW is being thus far I wouldn't be surprised if they commented on it.

- - - Updated - - -
    @Gaidax Said fuck it since they had a huge sale, bought all the ME's and titanfall 2 deluxes for 30 smacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Fixed it. It only stops pirates from cracking the games on day one (general speaking), but they are still get cracked/bypassed later on by groups such as CPY, Codex & Steampunks...

Devil May cry 5, Far Cry New Dawn, Metro Exodus, Resident Evil 2... they all been cracked in less than a week... shit, DMC5 was actually on day 1 so... yeah...
    DMC5 denuvo was not cracked day 1, in fact it's still not cracked. There was a version uploaded to certain steam servers that didn't have denuvo, that is what has been pirated.

Generally speaking how hard denuvo is to crack usually depends on how early they started implementing it. The games that do it late in the process have less checks and are far easier to crack. But in general it does an okay job of preventing day and even week 1 cracks. I just wish every dev would be on the ball with patching it out of their games once it's usefulness is gone and only some do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe someone already posted but this video nails it imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people just post here to shit on a game?

Game is bad, don't like it, move on. Let the people that like it talk about it. You're not some shit youtubers click baiting people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post

Game is bad, don't like it, move on. Let the people that like it talk about it. You're not some shit youtubers click baiting people.
    But then the thread would die

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    But then the thread would die
    Case in point the fallout 76 thread.

Do people just post here to shit on a game?.
    Yes, there's people who have straight up said they have no intention of ever playing the game and haven't even touched it who post here regularly. Its pretty asinine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, there's people who have straight up said they have no intention of ever playing the game and haven't even touched it who post here regularly. Its pretty asinine.
    Show us where da mean people touched your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Show us where da mean people touched your game.
    They didn't, that's the point

Is that a serious question? I stopped responding and mostly following this thread because I can't have a conversation about the game without at least ten people telling me how much it sucks. Like it was fine about 80 pages ago....but they need to move the fuck on already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Is that a serious question? I stopped responding and mostly following this thread because I can't have a conversation about the game without at least ten people telling me how much it sucks. Like it was fine about 80 pages ago....but they need to move the fuck on already.
    Yes and no, I know what people are like on this forum and I avoid all the click bait shit on youtube, but I can't ignore the shit I get recommended (I don't click on it, but a title tells you all you need to know from a click bait youtuber).

I didn't like the game in the alpha or beta, so I didn't buy it and paid no attention to this thread. Checked it out recently, because TD2 thread is slow and this thread is always at the top.

I don't understand people that constantly shit on a game they don't don't like or don't play.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    It's fatal flaw appears to be you can't update any info once a map is loaded. It's essentially a blackbox. This is why nobody can join a mission once its been started and why nobody can backfill a freeroam session once someone leaves. Why you can't tell what loot you have until you leave, can't check your inventory, and can't update your equipment, can't chain missions, etc. while in free roam or in a mission... you have to load the module already populated with that information. It may even be why there are no waypoint or ping system.

(Ironically enough, if they had included a chat system, they could have potentially hacked around that problem then by having a hidden chat channel that your client polled for new waypoint/ping info etc.)
    Here's yet another reason why I don't listen to the youtube clickbait morons, because they do the same thing as you: spread misinformation! Quickplay is often backfilling a mission, people join in and out of freeplay, etc. etc.

Holy rusted metal Batmam, we know you don't like the game and don't play it; we know you hate EA; can you just let it go already...

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Ah, that makes more sense, on reddit the information I checked was that it was cracked by sam2k8, guess that it was just released by him, thanks for clearing it out... and fuck, how can they mess up like that?
    It was still technically a crack, but a crack of the steamworks drm lol. And yea, idk how capcom fucked that up lol.