Poll: Should it be legal for Robots and Humans to get married?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqthefat View Post
    Robots are not sentient beings
    How would you know?

If a robots sentience is indistinguishable from a humans?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Robots paying taxes.

Robots and Humans getting In-Vitro having children.

Maybe Robot Human Divorcing.

Just some things to consider.
    Robots will gain human level intelligence by.... sex. Yea no joke, why else would we give emotions to machines? Cause men like to fuck sexbots with emotions so it feels more "real". Basically the product of capitalism. I'm sure when the first robot is given human levels of intelligence it'll also be outlawed asap. It would be technically cruel to bring something into this world with that level of intelligence, also very disruptive to all sorts of things.

Also robots won't pay taxes cause there probably won't be by the time we make sentient robots. You think humans would have jobs if we could reach the point where a robot can think like a human? I guarantee you all the jobs would be automated long ago and taxing people is going to be pointless since they can't pay.

As for human robot relationships I do think there's going to be a type of Android that is basically a cloned human that is mentally programmed to love unconditionally. They could divorce cause I can't see an actual human robot relationship ever, or at least nothing taken serious in the court of law. Lets be honest people today are marrying their lamps, so....

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    How would you know?

If a robots sentience is indistinguishable from a humans?
    They are a prograimming, everything they are would be made by us. It wouldn't be real.

When human life isn't protected we end up with things like the holocaust. The potential in human life is wasted when they die prematurerly. These things are decided by those incharge.
    Right but why do we need to protect human life? What justifies the idea of protecting human life? Why is the holocaust so bad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Should we give power to a race that would be stronger, faster, smarter, and tougher than us and hope they dont take over?

Fuck no.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Nope.. Not going to happen.
    Ditto.
    And if it ever were such a thing to happen, no one here will ever know anyway.
    So, easy to say it will never happen.

They are a prograimming, everything they are would be made by us. It wouldn't be real.
    Initially sure, but what happens when that AI programs / builds the next and so on. Can you say that the procreation of AI did not produce sentience?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Initially sure, but what happens when that AI programs / builds the next and so on. Can you say that the procreation of AI did not produce sentience?
    AI can not procreate

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    Right but why do we need to protect human life? What justifies the idea of protecting human life? Why is the holocaust so bad?
    Why wouldn't we protect human life

A Big No. Robots do not show any Human emotions & therefore do not deserve Human Rights.

Just recently in a California hospital , a robot was wheeled into a patients room & told the patient he was going to die.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-...robot/10887174

Would you like a robot telling you that you where about to die ?

No you would prefer a Human to tell you that, because humans show empathy & robots do not.

A Robot cannot give you a farewell hug like that dying man probably needed.

I'm trying to show you that the very justification that made us decide to protect human life was based on morality, which was based on human nature and was dictated by our emotions in the first place.

That's the genesis of the idea behind human rights in the first place, that's why I'm trying to make the point that all the rights we created to protect humans wouldn't necessarily protect all the aspects of an A.I lifeform like it would a human.

Yes. Well if they let us keep our rights that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Don't feed this guy...He wants to pretend he's some nietzschean ideal...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Blobfish View Post
    A Big No. Robots do not show any Human emotions & therefore do not deserve Human Rights.
    Not right now anyway, but OP's question doesn't even make sense until we get to a point where robots have true agency. Without agency, they can't get married in the first place, because they're incapable of making their own choices.

If the time comes where we've developed robots that can, I'm sure this issue will come up, and I'm sure it'll be legalized at some point. Our definitions of life and individual will have to be expanded considerably if and when we get AI to the level where it's touching upon that realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Alright thanks for the heads up.

The prospect is absurd, but humans can be incredibly stupid, so I'd expect it to happen sooner than later.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubermensch View Post
    But human rights feature rights that protect us from things that would hurt us emotionally, that's the basis for them in the first place, morality and ethics.
    Morality and ethics play a part, but human rights do not exist to protect emotions. They exist to protect life and liberty. There is no human right that exists solely to protect your feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The prospect is absurd, but humans can be incredibly stupid, so I'd expect it to happen sooner than later.
    Agreed. To me, the entire concept is illogical. No matter how sophisticated the AI, it's only doing what it's programmed to do. Sentience, like any other aspect of artificial intelligence is just that, artificial, because someone programmed it that way. Even if we had the capability to create such an advanced AI that it could gain something resembling "sentience", it would be a really, really stupid thing to do, for reasons that this very thread demonstrates.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Morality and ethics play a part, but human rights do not exist to protect emotions. They exist to protect life and liberty. There is no human right that exists solely to protect your feelings.

Agreed. To me, the entire concept is illogical. No matter how sophisticated the AI, it's only doing what it's programmed to do. Sentience, like any other aspect of artificial intelligence is just that, artificial, because someone programmed it that way. Even if we had the capability to create such an advanced AI that it could gain something resembling "sentience", it would be a really, really stupid thing to do, for reasons that this very thread demonstrates.
    It would be incredibly stupid for us to do it, which is why you can all but guarantee we'll eventually create something which competes with us intellectually. As for programming... you can say exactly the same about human beings. Behavior = hard coded programming + life programming.

no, because they will never be alive.

they will always just be circuts and wires.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post

Should the day ever come where robots can gain human rights?

Robots paying taxes.

Robots and Humans getting In-Vitro having children.

Maybe Robot Human Divorcing.

Just some things to consider.
    poor incels they will never get laid then -_-