Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So, why the hit on the nose with the corny text?
    Why not? It works in both the context of the story and the climate the movie is being released in.

If we want to talk about insufferable marketing, I'd rather see those stupid-ass BWAAAAAAs (and their spiritual successor) in trailers die a painful death.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    I still don't get what her powers are and how can she even compare to Thanos and the gauntlet with all the stones.

As it is, in theory they stand no chance. Surely there's something other than the A team with Nebula, and CM now just flying to Thanos and beating him.

Unless he lets them win.
    Robert Downey Jr. is the superstar of the Marvel film universe, so he is the one that will beat Thanos. The biggest actor below him is Chris Pratt but he is comic relief and he is dusted. The biggest actor below Pratt is probably Samuel L. Jackson but it might actually be Karen Gillan now that she had a mega hit with Jumanji.

Seeing as how they are pairing up Downey and Gillan on the Benatar suggests the two of them are ultimately taking down Thanos.

If I'm booking Infinity War, I'd say the original Avengers team make a gallant effort but all of them get put on the sideline by Thanos except Iron Man. Then Captain Marvel comes in as the "big gun" and it looks surely like she will take Thanos out but there's a swerve and Thanos bests her. Then the final chance comes down to Iron Man and Nebula and together they finally beat Thanos.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Robert Downey Jr. is the superstar of the Marvel film universe, so he is the one that will beat Thanos. The biggest actor below him is Chris Pratt but he is comic relief and he is dusted. The biggest actor below Pratt is probably Samuel L. Jackson but it might actually be Karen Gillan now that she had a mega hit with Jumanji.

Seeing as how they are pairing up Downey and Gillan on the Benatar suggests the two of them are ultimately taking down Thanos.

If I'm booking Infinity War, I'd say the original Avengers team make a gallant effort but all of them get put on the sideline by Thanos except Iron Man. Then Captain Marvel comes in as the "big gun" and it looks surely like she will take Thanos out but there's a swerve and Thanos bests her. Then the final chance comes down to Iron Man and Nebula and together they finally beat Thanos.
    They're on the Benatar because they took off from Titan, not because they're taking down Thanos.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Comicbook Infinity War Spoiler: apparently it was Nebula who defeated Thanos via getting the glove from him

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Well, Brie Larson isn't.

You've got to pretty egregiously misrepresent some things she said on her press tour to push that bullshit theory.

Edit: Before you come back, no, calling for more-representative diversity among movie reviewers and press is neither "racist" nor "sexist".
    Or you can just look at her comments on wrinkle in time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Rogue didn't kill her but put her in a coma. It was Carol Danvers and no one really cared because she was not an important character. I was honestly surprised they went with Captain Marvel as their flagship female character but as someone in my guild said to me "who else is there?" All the best ones are X-men characters or a variation of a male character (Captain Marvel gets a pass because who cares about Mar-vell). I actually think the MCU Captain Marvel is light years ahead of her comic counterpart in likeability.
    Widow, Rescue, original Wasp, She Hulk, Spider Woman

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Widow is unique ... but is a spy.
    Rescue is a female Iron Man.
    Wasp is a female Antman
    She Hulk is obvious a female Thor /sarcasm
    Spider Woman is a female Spider-man.

Yes, the female characters have some differences with the male counterpart, but the person you are replying stated the "all the best one are X-men or a variation of a male character."

Of the five you listed, 4 fit into that latter category and only Widow stands out as outside it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    You thought Ronan was a good villain in GotG? I mean thats cool, personally I found him forgettable. Movie was awesome, just a weak villain. Ego was a much better villain in GotG2
    we're simply talking about ronan and not comparing him, he was a villian with an infinity stone and while the fight was not epic, you shouldn't be expecting that in guardians of the galaxy seeing as how the film leading up to that was comedy....ronan was a good villian, a good villian doesn't always have to sit there and kill every super hero to be a good villian...
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can just look at her comments on wrinkle in time.
    In which she said nothing remotely racist or sexist, unless you're an SJW desperately looking for a fight to pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Widow is unique ... but is a spy.
    Rescue is a female Iron Man.
    Wasp is a female Antman
    She Hulk is obvious a female Thor /sarcasm
    Spider Woman is a female Spider-man.

Yes, the female characters have some differences with the male counterpart, but the person you are replying stated the "all the best one are X-men or a variation of a male character."

Of the five you listed, 4 fit into that latter category and only Widow stands out as outside it.
    Ms. Marvel is a female variation of the original captain marvel who was a dude lol. So that doesn't fit your criteria either

I'll give you widow, but have you heard of Ironman? Antman? Hulk? Spider-man?

- - - Updated - - -

Ms. Marvel is a female variation of the original captain marvel who was a dude lol. So that doesn't fit your criteria either
    "(Captain Marvel gets a pass because who cares about Mar-vell)"

please go back and re-read what I wrote.

In which she said nothing remotely racist or sexist, unless you're an SJW desperately looking for a fight to pick.
    “I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work about A Wrinkle in Time,” Larson said. “It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to women of color, biracial women, to teen women of color.”

That is incredibly sexist and racist. Of course that entire movie is racist as fuck for blackwashing a Connecticut 60s family into a "diverse" Calif family complete with adoption and just a tragedy in general for defiling an amazing work of literature almost a good thing that L'Engle died before the latest butchering made it to the screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'll give you widow, but have you heard of Ironman? Antman? Hulk? Spider-man?

- - - Updated - - -

"(Captain Marvel gets a pass because who cares about Mar-vell)"

please go back and re-read what I wrote.
    Obviously the bosses of the MCU did since they even "reimagined" Mar-vell as a woman.

10+ Year Old Account
    “I don’t need a 40-year-old white dude to tell me what didn’t work about A Wrinkle in Time,” Larson said. “It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to women of color, biracial women, to teen women of color.”

That is incredibly sexist and racist. Of course that entire movie is racist as fuck for blackwashing a Connecticut 60s family into a "diverse" Calif family complete with adoption and just a tragedy in general for defiling an amazing work of literature almost a good thing that L'Engle died before the latest butchering made it to the screen.
    When you have to cut out the followup comments because they explain exactly how it isn't racist, it's clear you're not contributing in good faith, but are pushing propaganda to support an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    If it was an over representation, no one would call it anti-Semitic.

Are you still pretending to be black?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone who interprets what she said as racist or sexist is a fucking idiot.
    Wrong do actually try to be wrong or do incorrect statements just flow from you naturally. Anytime you are saying we don't need x or we don't need y you are being discriminatory it's really not hard. Also if you want to talk about over-representation you could talk about members of the jewish faith in hollywood but that would be antisemitic as hell. Or we could talk about asians in the medical field but that would again be racist or hell let's talk about black people in rap since we want to go population based obviously 60% of high end rappers should be white not just Em. But we wouldn't do that because it is racist as fuck different people have different areas they are drawn to based on a variety of factors. What she said especially about wrinkle is absolutely racist and sexist and degrading to an amazing piece of literature reducing it to a piece aimed at only a small number of people when it was aimed at everyone. Of course disney's re-imagining of it is degrading to it in general.

When you have to cut out the followup comments because they explain exactly how it isn't racist, it's clear you're not contributing in good faith, but are pushing propaganda to support an agenda.
    It is racist and sexist there is no context that makes something not racist and or sexist. You can dress it up all you want but Gibson's clumsy meandering attempts to make his statements not antisemitic didn't make them any less disgusting much like her attempting to disguise her vile thoughts does nothing but fool the weak minded.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is racist and sexist there is no context that makes something not racist and or sexist. You can dress it up all you want but Gibson's clumsy meandering attempts to make his statements not antisemitic didn't make them any less disgusting much like her attempting to disguise her vile thoughts does nothing but fool the weak minded.
    Your problem is you have a conclusion you want to draw, and you're cherry-picking data points that support it, rather than looking at the entire context of what Brie said, which contradicts the conclusion you want to draw.

Calling for more representative diversity is not "racist and sexist", no matter how much you wish it were otherwise.

Re-read my post. It applies to you too.
    Nah it doesn't

The only people who are idiots in this case are those who attempt to take something sexist and racist and twist it to claim it isn't because they agree with the politics being espoused by the individual in question. Go actually read a wrinkle in time not the Disney garbage version but the actual book it has a lot of concepts that both you and others here need a more thorough grounding in.

Your problem is you have a conclusion you want to draw, and you're cherry-picking data points that support it, rather than looking at the entire context of what Brie said, which contradicts the conclusion you want to draw.
    There is no context that makes a racist and sexist statement not racist and sexist the only reason you believe there is is because at some level you agree with her statement and you don't want to think of yourself as racist and or sexist. Same advice as to the other dude go actual read the book not the garbage disney turned it into. At it's heart Wrinkle much like Super Heroes in general is about the message of unity and harmony and that anyone can do whatever they set their mind to regardless of race and/or gender, not due to race/gender

It is racist and sexist there is no context that makes something not racist and or sexist.
    "We got too many black people around here". Racist.

"We got too many black people around here. I've worked in prisons 30 years and it's clear to me our justice system sends people of color to prison far more frequently than white people for the same crimes." Not racist.

Do you need more examples?

Don't give a fuck about it. I'm talking about the comments she made. Nothing was racist nor sexist. If anyone is sexist here, it's probably you.
    Saying we don't need x is racist/sexist. Here let's play a fun little game people like you hate.

“I don’t need a 30-year-old black women to tell me what didn’t work about Iron Man,” Larson said. “It wasn’t made for him! I want to know what it meant to teenage boys and young men.”

This would be a very obviously sexist and racist statement. It would very obviously be not okay.2

- - - Updated - - -

You're literally saying "context doesn't matter" of course it fucking does. Get your head out of your ass.
    I'm saying her statement was sexist and racist and it was as for your second part same to you bub.