Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yes and no, I know what people are like on this forum and I avoid all the click bait shit on youtube, but I can't ignore the shit I get recommended (I don't click on it, but a title tells you all you need to know from a click bait youtuber).

I didn't like the game in the alpha or beta, so I didn't buy it and paid no attention to this thread. Checked it out recently, because TD2 thread is slow and this thread is always at the top.

I don't understand people that constantly shit on a game they don't don't like or don't play.
    Me either, I'd love to be able to talk about a game without a million people telling me it sucks 100 times. I understand the mods letting it go for a little bit...but it's easily been at least 50-80 pages of the same people shit posting and not moving on with their life. It's kind of sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    But then the thread would die
    No, it would be alive with people actually playing the game and wanting to share information. We currently don't do it because of the rampant toxicity that emerges everytime someone tries to discuss about the game. I mean, there is like 1 post per page talking about the game and 19 are youtubers clickbait videos, or the same 3-4 people that probably still argue why [insert random game] is better than Anthem (easy to spot though, I have put those "useless" posters in my ignore list, and I barely see any post in this topic nowadays).

You know, that seems important for them to raise their postcount (they usually are at 15k+ posts). The best way to do that is to spam any topic with some nonsense, and they found out that there is no moderation out there so they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Kinda sad, though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    No, it would be alive with people actually playing the game and wanting to share information. We currently don't do it because of the rampant toxicity that emerges everytime someone tries to discuss about the game. I mean, there is like 1 post per page talking about the game and 19 are youtubers clickbait videos, or the same 3-4 people that probably still argue why [insert random game] is better than Anthem (easy to spot though, I have put those "useless" posters in my ignore list, and I barely see any post in this topic nowadays).
    Nah, the games dead. I wanted to like it but rip

Nah, the games dead. I wanted to like it but rip
    Thanks for the validation.

Hint: it's not. You personally don't like it, and guess what, that's fine, go find another game that better suits your needs and move on with your life.
    Last edited by Ophenia; 2019-03-15 at 06:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Is that a serious question? I stopped responding and mostly following this thread because I can't have a conversation about the game without at least ten people telling me how much it sucks. Like it was fine about 80 pages ago....but they need to move the fuck on already.
    Maybe because.. it has problems that make it suck?

Are all those metacritic reviews, journalists, redditors lying and part of a conspiracy against you?

Oh noes, save my mods. Want to talk about Trump in here instead? What else is more relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    It's not, because even when they do, there is yet another excuse to dismiss the criticism.

I've seen "you've played to much!", "you didn't play enough!", "you are being critical without providing solutions!".

Fuck, back in Fallout 76 thread the best one was:
    This from the guy triggered by an IHE video after how many Yong videos?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Thanks for the validation.

Hint: it's not. You personally don't like it, and guess what, that's fine, go find another game that better suits your needs and move on with your life.
    Simple question. Have they announced sales and/or player milestones? If not then the game is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    Maybe because.. it has problems that make it suck?

Are all those metacritic reviews, journalists, redditors lying and part of a conspiracy against you?

Oh noes, save my mods. Want to talk about Trump in here instead? What else is more relevant?
    Of course. People called it worse than Fallout 76. That's a sin against humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Fixed it. It only stops pirates from cracking the games on day one (general speaking), but they are still get cracked/bypassed later on by groups such as CPY, Codex & Steampunks...

Devil May cry 5, Far Cry New Dawn, Metro Exodus, Resident Evil 2... they all been cracked in less than a week... shit, DMC5 was actually on day 1 so... yeah...
    Yeah, it was the wrong choice of words, but it still doesn't do anything to stop or delay hackers

Guys, knock it off. Anthem discussion, positive or negative, is fair game as long as it's constructive and on-topic. If you think folks are breaking rules report them and we'll do our best to review them all, but that doesn't mean you can go off-topic. Please keep discussion on Anthem proper, if you don't like reading someones posts you can always put them on ignore and just move on.

Simple question. Have they announced sales and/or player milestones? If not then the game is finished.
    Have a feeling they'll count Origin subs in to pad it a bit.

But yeah friend lent me an XB1 copy and after a good few days with it I have to say it's a very shallow game. Not a flat out terrible game like Metal Gear Survive, Andromeda or Fallout 76 for example but it's basically like a stripped down version of Destiny 2 combined with Warframe in a nutshell.

I'd have to give this game a 5/10 and that's being generous.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-15 at 06:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I put in plenty of time into the game, I loved the combat and traversing a large beautiful world. But ran into the brick wall that I was afraid of. There's really no progression after you hit 30 beyond hope that a new masterwork weapon drops that changes things up a little. I've heard there were fun events going on like named titans, but I never saw any despite flying around free play listening to podcasts. Moving onto grandmaster II just made everything slower. And the strongholds, while starting out fun, aren't capable of carrying the entirety of end game.

And to top it off, now every third time I try to simply play the game, the loading screen takes about 5 minutes and then disconnects with a "error loading pilot data" or something like that. Something that I noted to them on Monday but is still making it impossible to play 2/3 times that I try.

So, done. Just done with this nonsense. Division 2 is out now, and at the very least I sunk enough enjoyable time in to get my 15 bucks worth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Gaidax Said fuck it since they had a huge sale, bought all the ME's and titanfall 2 deluxes for 30 smacks.
    *good_emperor.gif*

Stick to the original plan of 3-4 hours of ME1, then ME2 character creation comic, ME2, ME3 and you will see Bioware proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    There's really no progression after you hit 30 beyond hope that a new masterwork weapon drops that changes things up a little.
    There's little to no reason for Levels to exist in this game, there aren't even any skill points.

In Destiny you at-least had to level up for skill points in Anthem all you're doing is level Grinding for access to gear not for Skills or anything Else.

The complete mission screen which just takes up time is even more pointless as EXP is absolutely pointless at level 30.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2019-03-15 at 07:37 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    So, I put in plenty of time into the game, I loved the combat and traversing a large beautiful world. But ran into the brick wall that I was afraid of. There's really no progression after you hit 30 beyond hope that a new masterwork weapon drops that changes things up a little. I've heard there were fun events going on like named titans, but I never saw any despite flying around free play listening to podcasts. Moving onto grandmaster II just made everything slower. And the strongholds, while starting out fun, aren't capable of carrying the entirety of end game.

And to top it off, now every third time I try to simply play the game, the loading screen takes about 5 minutes and then disconnects with a "error loading pilot data" or something like that. Something that I noted to them on Monday but is still making it impossible to play 2/3 times that I try.

So, done. Just done with this nonsense. Division 2 is out now, and at the very least I sunk enough enjoyable time in to get my 15 bucks worth.
    You know, that's where I ended up. I never encountered any real problems with the game besides a single time the sound cut out, and that one screenshot of the forge I posted.

But what killed it for me was the total lack of things to do at 30. Not even a solo mode for the strongholds to challenge myself against.

Meh.....check back in 6 months i guess, see of Anthem even still exists. What a waste.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-15 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    *good_emperor.gif*

Stick to the original plan of 3-4 hours of ME1, then ME2 character creation comic, ME2, ME3 and you will see Bioware proper.
    Hmmm, I dunno, I'd be hesitant to skip any of Mass Effect 1, because the story is so expansive and progressing your characters while exploring the universe is so deeply satisfying in that game.

It might not have the tighter, more scripted combat of 2 + 3, but it excels in showing the heart of old Bioware. The characters feel like part of an ensemble cast, who actually have their own lives and you can have a hand in their lives if you want to, or not.

Not to mention, Garrus is someone everyone should spend time with to truly understand what a great character can truly be.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    There's little to no reason for Levels to exist in this game, there aren't even any skill points.

In Destiny you at-least had to level up for skill points in Anthem all you're doing is level Grinding for access to gear not for Skills or anything Else.

The complete mission screen which just takes up time is even more pointless as EXP is absolutely pointless at level 30.
    XP goes towards your Alliance and rewards coin at the end of the week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Hmmm, I dunno, I'd be hesitant to skip any of Mass Effect 1, because the story is so expansive and progressing your characters while exploring the universe is so deeply satisfying in that game.

It might not have the tighter, more scripted combat of 2 + 3, but it excels in showing the heart of old Bioware. The characters feel like part of an ensemble cast, who actually have their own lives and you can have a hand in their lives if you want to, or not.

Not to mention, Garrus is someone everyone should spend time with to truly understand what a great character can truly be.
    There's very little reason to be playing ME1s side content as a first timer. The tighter pacing from skipping all of that benefits the game quite a lot. Come back to it later on if you like the series enough to replay them.

ME1 is a game with a main critical path that is 6-8 hours long with a bunch of 20-30 hours long collectables side quests on mostly barren and empty planets, with the same few warehouses and enemy types copied into nearly all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There's very little reason to be playing ME1s side content as a first timer. The tighter pacing from skipping all of that benefits the game quite a lot. Come back to it later on if you like the series enough to replay them.

ME1 is a game with a main critical path that is 6-8 hours long with a bunch of 20-30 hours long collectables side quests on mostly barren and empty planets, with the same few warehouses and enemy types copied into nearly all of them.
    The main story path is almost 20 hours. The side content is about 6-8.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    The main story path is almost 20 hours. The side content is about 6-8.
    Err, not quite. It has 4 planet levels to do for the main story, along with the end game level and the introduction + citadel hub part.

That shouldn't take anyone playing at a moderate pace 20 hours, as opposed to 30+ systems with planets to land on in them.