Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Exclamation Leveling 110-120 in 20 minutes ? Intended or exploit ?

Streamers streaming a bug using 40 of the 10% xp pots stacked up to level to 120 in under 30 minutes? I’m guessing this isn’t working as intended, I also guess that since big streamers in top guilds using it means nothing will come of it?
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to go with "exploit, but not bannable." Blizz will probably hotfix this tomorrow or tuesday, and will probably make a point about rolling back any characters that they can confirm used the exploit.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The beauty of Blizzard communication. They spoke on Ivus exploiting more than a week after it happened. Tempting since I can get about 500 potions but too bad I am gonna get banned and Method won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    Streamers streaming a bug using 40 of the 10% xp pots stacked up to level to 120 in under 30 minutes? I’m guessing this isn’t working as intended, I also guess that since big streamers in top guilds using it means nothing will come of it?
    Exploit, 110-120 is under the 'too good to be true' rule and almost 100% exploit.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If you just drink up the potions and they stack, nothing special evolved, like script macros and such, how are you supposed to know this is not intended?

Inb4 "durrr it's too good", "if you have to ask, then probably yes, it is not" *smug reddit face* - when you just click the item and it >does a thing<, how are you supposed to know? Should you then ask about every single thing that seems odd?

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    If you just drink up the potions and they stack, nothing special evolved, like script macros and such, how are you supposed to know this is not intended?
    They don't stack if you just click them. You need to split them into stacks of 1 and then click one by one.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    They don't stack if you just click them. You need to split them into stacks of 1 and then click one by one.
    Okay, that pretty much makes it an exploit then.

What a weird one tough... I mean how, messed up has the code gotta be to even result in this. Lol.

Ha. Nothing will happen to them for it. I can't even imagine how fucked up the code is to allow that to happen.

Exploit early. Exploit often.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Ha. Nothing will happen to them for it. I can't even imagine how fucked up the code is to allow that to happen.

^^ This, never wait for word from blizzard if you aren't making tonnes of gold they'll just look the other way, its seriously a lame pattern those who don't exploit over the years just watch players getting a free meal and blizzard going "oh you so bad, oooh yes you are! don't do it again.. but we wont keep track of your account in anyway!"
    Dragonflight Nerfs vs fun again show a Blizzard that hasn't learnt a lesson, Actions speak louder than words afterall watch what they do and do not do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you link some big streamers who used that exploit/feature?

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Can you link some big streamers who used that exploit/feature?
    You could just check top clips 24h but here you go https://www.twitch.tv/videos/395443912 4h39m onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post

Multiple people got banned from using AP exploits in the past. I would be careful with these kind of things until there is some official answer (or, if you don't care about being (perma)banned).
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Just went atal normal for jewelcrafting profession quest and had 2 116 hunters in there, who turned 118 at the end of the 10minute normal dungeon. After being called out for exploiting and cheating, they gave the bullshit response "how are we supposed to know that it's not supposed to stack that way?". I mean, I got the means to buy about 500 of that potion and lvl all the allied races and every class I ever wanted to 120 within a day and hell, I don't like lvling one bit,so sure I'd enjoy it; honestly though, this is an exploit, there's no real discussion, it's not an intended game mechanic, it's clearly a bug, and if ppl dont get rolled back and punished for deliberately using it, blizzard is just embarrassing.
    Edit: Also just imagine the amounts of money Blizz loses from bought boosts, that are not happening cause ppl just lvl their zandalari/kul tiran with this exploit. It won't go unpunished.
    Last edited by Grmmppff; 2019-03-15 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It increases stats too (All stats by 10 per potion), so I wouldn't try this personally. Despite the temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    You could just check top clips 24h but here you go https://www.twitch.tv/videos/395443912 4h39m onwards.
    Note how nonchalant this fuckwad is about it, smug shit knows he won't get banned.

Pathetic game.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Note how nonchalant this fuckwad is about it, smug shit knows he won't get banned.

Pathetic game.
    How about making the leveling process fun? They can't that's why the boost is in the store.

can you stack those????

They can ban whoever they want, but they probably won't ban people doing this. As with everything shady, you're taking a risk doing it.

I do expect an emergency hotfix pretty quick as it's blowing up the forums.

thank the empty quality assurance offices boys

exploit early and often.