Poll: Do you think Trump will win the Presidential Election in 2020?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    An election can be more about one side losing than the other winning.

My crippled ass could into UFC with zero experience and if I was to win against Chuck Liddell because he was showboating the entire time. It wasn't so much as me winning as it was Chuck losing. Elections can go that route too.

And also, much of this is more on the flaws of the system. If we had a ranked choice voting where the public actually had a real choice without it gravitating down to only 2 options with the rest being spoilers and money influencing those 2 spots more than voters do, we would be about guaranteed to have a different outcome.

Our election is actually LESS free than a few other nations because of its setup.
    EH No, we don't need rank choice voting, we need a educated populace mature enough to understand the consequences behind making an adult decision. We don't need to appease morons who think voting ought to be like picking a cable package or like using app on their smart phone LOL!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    EH No, we don't need rank choice voting, we need a educated populace mature enough to understand the consequences behind making an adult decision. We don't need to appease morons who think voting ought to be like picking a cable package or like using app on their smart phone LOL!
    Eh Yes, we do need ranked choice voting if we want to have anything resembling a functioning Democracy or a Democratic Republic. Anyone thus far educated on the system already knows that and knows why. Ranked choice IS the mature adult decision.

Ranked choice isn't about appeasing morons. It is about actually giving people VIABLE choices which our current system prevents. Voting become John Jackson and Jack Johnson is a morons version of an election.

The current system prevents 3rd parties from being viable and makes its it where you can't even get the most popular platforms in primaries due potentially poached votes.

With our current system, you can have a primary with 5 candidates. Candidates 1 through 4 have a very much overlapping platforms with nuances between them but are largely popular. Candidate 5 can be a horse shit candidate promising to kick out illegals, blacks and putting women "Back in their place". Under our current system, Candidates 1-4 might all end up with 15%-20% each of the popular vote because they poached each others votes while candidate 5 wins with 30% of the vote because his policies didn't poach votes. While a ranked method would have 1 through 4 ranked above number 5 by 70% of the population.

If you want a functioning Democracy, if you want a functioning Democratic Republic that actually has any representation of the will of the people for most issues then you need a ranked choice method.

With a ranked choice method, Clinton, Sanders, Stein, Trump, Johnson, and whoever else would have won the GOP primary could have all ran in the 2016 election with no spoiler votes and I can bet we wouldn't have president Traitor Trump in office right now.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Eh Yes, we do need ranked choice voting if we want to have anything resembling a functioning Democracy or a Democratic Republic. Anyone thus far educated on the system already knows that and knows why. Ranked choice IS the mature adult decision.

Ranked choice isn't about appeasing morons. It is about actually giving people VIABLE choices which our current system prevents. Voting become John Jackson and Jack Johnson is a morons version of an election.

The current system prevents 3rd parties from being viable and makes its it where you can't even get the most popular platforms in primaries due potentially poached votes.

With our current system, you can have a primary with 5 candidates. Candidates 1 through 4 have a very much overlapping platforms with nuances between them but are largely popular. Candidate 5 can be a horse shit candidate promising to kick out illegals, blacks and putting women "Back in their place". Under our current system, Candidates 1-4 might all end up with 15%-20% each of the popular vote because they poached each others votes while candidate 5 wins with 30% of the vote because his policies didn't poach votes. While a ranked method would have 1 through 4 ranked above number 5 by 70% of the population.

If you want a functioning Democracy, if you want a functioning Democratic Republic that actually has any representation of the will of the people for most issues then you need a ranked choice method.

With a ranked choice method, Clinton, Sanders, Stein, Trump, Johnson, and whoever else would have won the GOP primary could have all ran in the 2016 election with no spoiler votes and I can bet we wouldn't have president Traitor Trump in office right now.
    I agree with this.

I also marvel at anyone who would oppose allowing people to have real meaningful choices in who they vote for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    [*]The Republicans are hellbent on seeing The Wall built.
    They really, really aren't.
    @thwart <- don't click this and learn his shame
    Newsflash: 2016 Thwart would hate 2019 Thwart! Definitely don't click this either!

We see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I am absolutely a jerk, a complete cunt. But I encourage you to rise above.

It was the democrats' to lose last time, and it's theirs to lose this time. Too early to call as it all depends upon the candidate, though things look pretty good. Worst matchup to me looks like Biden, almost anyone else should be able to take him, unless we go down the Clinton road again, though she has so far ruled it out.

The reality for Trump is that he was lucky to have low voter turnout in 2016; given what has happened since, and the fact that really only his base has stuck to him, things do not look good for a Trump 2020 term. But again, if the Democrats fuck up their ticket and de-energize their team...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Worst matchup to me looks like Biden, almost anyone else should be able to take him
    Yeah, I'm just not sure why everybody's so high on Biden. Is it mostly a) name recognition and b) association with Obama? Because his record is...not that great. He will in all likelihood be the only candidate that voted for the Iraq war. He literally wrote the 1994 Crime Bill which played a big part in the current mass incarceration. He has chided millennials, showing that he has no clue on the issues facing the youngest (and soon potentially largest) voting generation. I just don't get it.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Massive projection and complete ignorance.

Theo is incapable of comprehending anything beyond the 2016 election. 2018 is a thing, the most relevant thing.
    I do love how she used the 2016 election as some kind of "proof" that the American people are rejecting the modern left. When the issue of the house seats being gerrymandered to shit would come up in the past, she said the Democrats didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning important congressional seats in 2018 for the 2020 census redistricting. And look where we are, basically all of her predictions didn't come true and she's back pedaling on nearly every issue, but doing so in a way that she's trying to save face (And failing miserably). Trumpism is being rebuked big time and nobody gives two shits about non intervention.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I agree with this.

I also marvel at anyone who would oppose allowing people to have real meaningful choices in who they vote for.
    You'd never believe which party is pushing for more people having more options to vote, and the ability for more legal citizens to have an easier time voting. Meanwhile, Republicans are just openly saying "We can't have more legal citizens voting because then we'd lose, and we can't lose, so let's keep things the way they are."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    and you assume the Democrats not being able to get those votes is somehow not their fault? I get it, it's never been the Democrats fault they picked a shitty candidate and ran a poorly marketed and operated campaign, nope, it's always someone else.
    Well there is no secret that they've had the voting system stacked against them to the point that any attempts to reform it and make it fairer are met with opposition by the GoP who say things like, a holiday on voting day, or tougher rules against gerrymandering, are "Liberal power grabs".

They don't even try to hide that they dont play fair and dont wish for fair voting anymore.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Because the right loves to brigade shit. Look at Captain Marvel. Rotten Tomatoes had to stop people from rating the movie because the right started spamming them with bad reviews before the movie even released.
    That's a lie. It wasnt even possible to review the movie yet. It was actually a poll where you could vote if you wanted to see the movie or not. But don't let the truth stop you from living inside your fantasy world.

You people are more delusional than the people who say America isn’t racist. Over half the country is white. A large percentage of that is not only racist but misogynistic, homophobic and hatefilled xenophobes who believe that this land was theres all along. They are so reliant on Trump to voice what they cannot publicly say but can freely express so long as he is in office. You REALLY think they’d let a black woman from CALIFORNIA win? An elderly and very wise man who even marched with Dr. King, wants healthcare for all and equal rights to win? You people have lost your damn minds if you think they won’t fight for this man one last time. I’ve personally spied on Trump groups on social media so I KNOW the things they say, especially towards Blacks, Mexicans, and Muslims and they don’t address them as those names either. I’ve warned you. America is dumb, greedy and hateful.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    You people are more delusional than the people who say America isn’t racist. Over half the country is white. A large percentage of that is not only racist but misogynistic, homophobic and hatefilled xenophobes who believe that this land was theres all along. They are so reliant on Trump to voice what they cannot publicly say but can freely express so long as he is in office. You REALLY think they’d let a black woman from CALIFORNIA win? An elderly and very wise man who even marched with Dr. King, wants healthcare for all and equal rights to win? You people have lost your damn minds if you think they won’t fight for this man one last time. I’ve personally spied on Trump groups on social media so I KNOW the things they say, especially towards Blacks, Mexicans, and Muslims and they don’t address them as those names either. I’ve warned you. America is dumb, greedy and hateful.
    UH OH!! Everyone watch out, TheramoreIsTheBomb is spying on conservatives by clicking links on Twitter.
    He knows everyone in America by reading a few social media posts on Twitter!!!!!!!!

LoL are you trying to be funny in a serious thread?

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    It was the democrats' to lose last time, and it's theirs to lose this time. Too early to call as it all depends upon the candidate, though things look pretty good. Worst matchup to me looks like Biden, almost anyone else should be able to take him, unless we go down the Clinton road again, though she has so far ruled it out.

The reality for Trump is that he was lucky to have low voter turnout in 2016; given what has happened since, and the fact that really only his base has stuck to him, things do not look good for a Trump 2020 term. But again, if the Democrats fuck up their ticket and de-energize their team...
    I think that's a given. Democrats are extremely divided and there will be hard feelings no matter who they nominate.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    LoL are you trying to be funny in a serious thread?
    This thread is serious?
    /s

You REALLY think they’d let a black woman from CALIFORNIAHAWAII win?
    No fair point they probably won't let her win, she'll probably have to do it despite them.

Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    I think that's a given. Democrats are extremely divided and there will be hard feelings no matter who they nominate.
    You would think it's a given, but given the candidates who seem to be lead horses, I think it's a given you're wrong. We'll see how it plays out though.

He will win if only because of incumbent success plus he has not tanked the economy, for all of his questionable moves. Or at least the odds should be in his favor, even if slightly so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    He will win if only because of incumbent success plus he has not tanked the economy, for all of his questionable moves. Or at least the odds should be in his favor, even if slightly so.
    Yeah, but define a tanked economy. For all their talk, tax cuts, and outrageous deficit spending, the GOP couldn't muster a 3% GDP growth year, let alone the 4% Trump said would be easy. Hell, the only reason they had a single quarter of 4% was because of increased spending to stock up before the tariffs, and now, forecasts are all down next year with the the GDP looking like it's going to dip in the 1-2% range, and that's despite us being in year 10 of what's a relative boom time while throwing up $1T+ yearly deficits.

Furthermore, I very much doubt things are noticeably looking better now then 4 years ago for John & Jane Doe in suburban Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsyvania, etc... Yeah, the unemployment is still low, but the vast majority of the jobs being created aren't family breadwinner type jobs. They're almost exclusively gig, temp, contract shit, and the very moment we sniff a down turn the knives will be out and a lot of those people are gonna get sent packing.

All in all, the one thing the GOP has going for them, the economy, is mostly smoke and mirrors at this point. With the few economic winner of this economy being decidedly NOT in the rural places Trump needs.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2019-03-15 at 03:47 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Yeah, but define a tanked economy. For all their talk, tax cuts, and outrageous deficit spending, the GOP couldn't muster a 3% GDP growth year, let alone the 4% Trump said would be easy. Hell, the only reason they had a single quarter of 4% was because of increased spending to stock up before the tariffs, and now, forecasts are all down next year with the the GDP looking like it's going to dip in the 1-2% range, and that 'sdespite us being in year 10 of what's a relative boom time while throwing up $1T+ yearly deficits.

Furthermore, I very much doubt things are looking better now then 4 years ago for John & Jane Doe in suburban Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsyvania, etc... Yeah, the unemployment is still low, but the vast majority of the jobs being created aren't family breadwinner type jobs. They're almost exclusively gig, temp, contract shit, and the very moment we sniff a down turn the knives will be out and a lot of those people are gonna get sent packing.

All in all, the one thing the GOP has going for them, the economy, is mostly smoke and mirrors at this point. With the few economic winner of this economy being decidedly NOT in the rural places Trump needs.
    You and I can see the nuances, but the average voter will not.

All they will see/read is: economy growing, unemployment low, etc. Even those that realize they're suffering will still gladly vote for him if only to own the libs, see the midwest soy farmers going bankrupt over the tariffs who claimed it was their patriotic duty to go along with whatever Trump deemed necessary. The gaslighting has had it's intended effect, it's too late now.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    You and I can see the nuances, but the average voter will not.
    Nuances like 2.9% vs 3% GDP growth for 2018 despite a huge QT headwind? That is awesome. It's as if your ilk wants the economy to tank so that you might get a chance to get power back.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

I mean it'd certainly finally end the question of whether our voter base is actually clinically diagnosable as retarded.

People are pessimistically accepting towards politicians who don't do what they promise and instead take bribes and corruption, but Trump has accomplished it on a scale I didn't think was possible in such a short time frame.

I cannot think of any reason to support him at this stage outside of actively wanting our government to fall apart so badly that we're forced to make a new one from scratch. Sheer, "fuck it, burn it to the ground and start over" levels of pessimism.

Everyone who clung to him out of ignorance and/or desperation the first time has been so firmly screwed over by him they simply don't have that excuse anymore.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-03-15 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DocSavageFan View Post
    Nuances like 2.9% vs 3% GDP growth for 2018 despite a huge QT headwind? That is awesome. It's as if your ilk wants the economy to tank so that you might get a chance to get power back.
    Yeah, not the fact that Trump claimed the same growth under Obama, was the worst economy in history. No... it has to be that people want America to fail. WTF? Why did Trump lie then?
    Last edited by Felya; 2019-03-16 at 12:26 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi