Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Oh come now, after TENS of THOUSANDS of years, I'm sure Tyrande has tried everything you can imagine. You'd get bored after a few hundred at most, and then you... experiment.

Anyway, she's super full of herself that's nothing new. I mean, she literally lost the Alliance the Nightborne just by being a cunt about other people's misery. She's always been more bark than bite, and her record of keeping things in order isn't exactly stellar (or lunar) either.
    Pfft with that attitude its boring you gotta be open to new things at all times! 10k years is just time to get started! The gnomish gadgets alone open up waaaaaay more opportunities.

Eh I disagree, seeing as Thalyssras entire story was Literally a retelling of Tyrande's I think the advice while being a bit stern comes from a place of knowledge and experience around it. And as much as I loved them it spoke more towards Thalyssra and Liadrin being rancid as they proceeded to go down the exact route of the Legion. But I am very grumpy of that event in all aspects as it ruined 3 characters i greatly enjoyed in 1 horrible interaction. >.< Historically Tyrandes bite has been very good it is just shown in books. In game she always comes off as very uh... well I guess she's still there. But it's a severe weakness in the writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The night elves still caused an event that engulfed the entire planet, nearly destroying everything on it, without the use of a well or arcane magic mind you. And cenarius did not lead the night elves to the well of eternity, he came around after they already had transformed. For someone who is a fan of night elves you seem to be rather ill informed about them.
    Would you maybe add some actual lore-quotes to your steam? The Nightmare was created by the mistakes of ONE Night Elf. As in Individual. The same individual that planted Teldrassil. "The Night Elves helped creating the Nightmare!!!" - that's like saying "The High Elves attacked Quel'thalas alongside the Scourge!" because there was ONE High Elf who played a vital part in it.

Or saying that all Orcs worship demonic power, because certainly Gul'dan did and he is all Orcs. Obviously.
    Or all Tauren are shady assassins, because Magatha is and she - obviously - is all Tauren.
    And Trolls constantly worship giant maggots. Because Zul did and he is obviously all Trolls.

If you really want to break it down there are three "big" Night Elven villains in the history of the franchise: Azshara, Xavius and Fandral. All of them have been defeated in the past....and guess which race beared the brunt of those conflicts? The Night Elves. That's right. Night Elves actually fought them and brought them down.

Look at the "villains" other races have produced...were they fought by their own race?

That is the difference between the Night Elves and the other races: They actually take responsibility and try to make up for their mistakes...all the other races just "go on" and continue to do the exact same thing. But i guess when other races do it you don't mind, because that's "racial identity" and totally fine, right?
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2019-03-14 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathasil View Post
    Would you maybe add some actual lore-quotes to your steam? The Nightmare was created by the mistakes of ONE Night Elf. As in Individual. The same individual that planted Teldrassil. "The Night Elves helped creating the Nightmare!!!" - that's like saying "The High Elves attacked Quel'thalas alongside the Scourge!" because there was ONE High Elf who played a vital part in it.

Or saying that all Orcs worship demonic power, because certainly Gul'dan did and he is all Orcs. Obviously.
    Or all Tauren are shady assassins, because Magatha is and she - obviously - is all Tauren.
    And Trolls constantly worship giant maggots. Because Zul did and he is obviously all Trolls.

If you really want to break it down there are three "big" Night Elven villains in the history of the franchise: Azshara, Xavius and Fandral. All of them have been defeated in the past....and guess which race beared the brunt of those conflicts? The Night Elves. That's right. Night Elves actually fought them and brought them down.

Look at the "villains" other races have produced...were they fought by their own race?

That is the difference between the Night Elves and the other races: They actually take responsibility and try to make up for their mistakes...all the other races just "go on" and continue to do the exact same thing. But i guess when other races do it you don't mind, because that's "racial identity" and totally fine, right?
    Trolls put down the Cthraxi that was awakened by their own, right with the aqir.
    After Gurubashi summoned Hakkar, it was trolls themselves that killed him.
    The second time Hakkar was summoned, Zandalari led the attack on Zul’Gurub with the help of the Horde.
    Otherwise there weren’t any other large scale mistakes by the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Word on the street, is Tyrande has some sillies in her new pokes.

Here are some of the others

“I like you, say, would you happen to have a twin brother?”

“No, I am not into blindfolds. Well, perhaps a little”
    I'm curious...what's a jibe?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    tyrande is racist , she needs to be removed from her place of authority immediately

this game and the story it tells has no place for ignorant racist bigots

tyrande needs to be held accountable for her attacks on her own people
    One could also argue that Sylvanas is a racist bigot as well.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

I would argue it started with the Trolls. The Zandalari are more arrogant AND less capable than ANY of the existing elven races. No Night Elf i ever met talked down on me as much as every single no-name Zandalari NPC.
    I’d argue that these days Zandalari are more capable then all the elven races combined.

The nightmare wasn't just created by Fandral he had his followers with him and the tree was planted by several druids as well

https://youtu.be/5gQt3vxhYAs?t=50

You don't get to choose responsibility, the blood elves carry the stigma of Kael and the actions of his followers even though they rose against him
    Humans bear the stigma of joining the the cult of damned in droves supporting the scourge
    Orcs bear responsibility for genocide
    Trolls for beating up upstart nations that try to take their stuff and holding grudges for millenia
    Tauren have the grimmtotem and bloodtotem
    The forsaken are just all around bastards
    Gnomes nuked themselves
    Dwarves have no problem with killing each other or troll teens/kids, summoning Ragnaros
    and on and on it goes

Yes they fixed their mistake that doesn't make them extraordinary or that special many other races have done similar things, humans were involved in bringing Arthas down, orcs were involved in bringing down Garrosh, Blood elves turned against kael'thas, Draenei fought the eredar etc. and still it doesn't change the fact that the races as a whole share a collective responsibility.

They try to do better, but they aren't the only ones, high elves heeded the warnings of the past created the runestones to hide their magic, the draenei try to fight most of their people for their past etc. ultimately they fail with a different source as well, they still clung to immortality and believed they had a right to it and tried to reclaim it numerous times, dabbled in druism and used it in a manner that screwed up vast strips of land etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    But what are the Kaldorei, if not a degenerate flavor of Dark Trolls twisted by a magical well? Tyrandumb strikes again.
    100% true that is the best part. All elves are just mutated / evolved trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I'm curious...what's a jibe?
    Slang for a poke - like having a go at someone but in a light/jokey sort of way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Why is she insulting herself and her people?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Why is she insulting herself and her people?
    It's a /silly

In the earlier poke she asks if you have a twin brother

and the one after she says she's not into eye bandages.

She's basically making a burn against Night Elves, as they devolved from Trolls due to the Well of Eternity. Good job Tyrande.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    She's basically making a burn against Night Elves, as they devolved from Trolls due to the Well of Eternity. Good job Tyrande.
    She's a clever arrogant bitch. She is basically saying, only night elves are good enough to use magical wells responsibly and powerful.

It's a clever way of trying to make sure no one else but night elves use magical wells. Her people have obviously stewarded the magical wells without addiction for 10,000 years, and were the only ones to phenomenally master it... clearly she thinks the other elves failed morally because they got addicted, and her precious kaldorei are the only ones that didn't. Because the other night elves lost it and got warped into all manner... it's actually racist and xenophobic of her.

It's so haughty and pious.. reminds me of those priests who think they are the only ones holy enough or worthy enough to do anything, and everyone else would just make a mess of it.

Well Tyrande Whisperwind, your night elves are cowards, you had all this magical energy and power, and you sat on it scared, rather than working to find a way to use this power to defend Azeroth against the Legion. Instead hid behind excuses. Everyone knows that if the night elves had continued using their magical arcane power, combined with the acceleration of nature power, they'd have been far more formidable for the return of the Legion, probably been able to block and prevent a lot of tragedy too.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2019-03-14 at 02:23 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can practically see the wink in that last poke
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I’d argue that these days Zandalari are more capable then all the elven races combined.
    i fully agree with this statement
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    those devolutions shat down the neck of every troll empire that tried to fuck with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    still existent, to some extent(extremely damaged now, not due to trolls)

as is the kingdom of quel'thalas.

amani empire? dead. drakkari? dead. farraki? dead. gurubashi? dead. zandalari? a tiny little island nation, whose only capabilities were to not be invaded.
    Lmao. Congrats, the elves managed to destroy a bunch of loincloth wearing savage troll tribes that only became that way after splintering from the great Zandalari.

And here Zuldazar stands, a city of gold and one of the largest and richest in Azeroth, while all 3 elven cities are in ruins or rebuilding from great destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Did anyone ever say they were?
    Mostly the people who were butthurt that we got unique morally grey Ren'dorei instead of a cheap copy of the The Burning Crusade Sin'dorei, but so much uglier that Blizzard still uses the Legion models and not the playable one.

Ren'dorei > Shal'dorei, alas some people simply can't go past the asspull aspect of Ren'dorei (as if the Shal'dorei were any better).
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2019-03-15 at 05:17 PM.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Lmao. Congrats, the elves managed to destroy a bunch of loincloth wearing savage troll tribes that only became that way after splintering from the great Zandalari.

And here Zuldazar stands, a city of gold and one of the largest and richest in Azeroth, while all 3 elven cities are in ruins or rebuilding from great destruction.
    Oh please, the zandalari only stand because they were lucky.

The night elves would've destroyed them but they let them be because azshara didn't care about their lands and only saw them as a minor nuisance.
    They ended up as an island nation after the WotA which protected them from the bigger threats on the main-land and even then they managed to lose land to the blood trolls and had to basically abandon vol'dun.

And now, if it wasnt for the horde all of zuldazar would be covered in g'huuns pale-grey shit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Did anyone ever say they were?
    yes, the nelf fanatics like the OP and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Void Fallen View Post
    But what are the Kaldorei, if not a degenerate flavor of Dark Trolls twisted by a magical well? Tyrandumb strikes again.
    Is it really degenerate though? Considering they became better in almost every way?
    DK faceroll omnomnom

A thing I like about Warcraft is that all elves are culturally racist, and sensitive when the other elves are racist against them.

The Nightborne joined the Horde because Tyrande was racist towards them, which caused the Nightborne to agree with the Blood Elves who were racist toward the Night Elves, because the Night Elves were racist toward the Blood Elves because the Blood Elves were racist toward the Night Elves, and are kinda racist toward the Void Elves despite them being Blood Elves who use void