I'm preferring this sub race method over adding completely new races, honestly. It feels like we get more this way. Not to say I wouldn't like completely new races, just that if I had to choose one or the other it would probably be all these sub races.

It doesn't bother me one bit that some of them are just slightly different versions of existing races. I don't see it as lazy because it makes perfect sense and is something people have specifically requested for a long time, like dark iron dwarves.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Doesn't matter if Kul'tirans are also humans, they have a different model with different animations. The Horde got the orc (main face of the Horde race) equivalent. The Alliance will get their base human model with the Lightforged Forsaken if they are gonna be implemented. Won't be trading the two factions' most basic models.
    Completely agree. But it won't be long until the PTR and we'll probably get the information we're looking for, one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Nah, that place deserves expansion
    Thats what I thought about Argus. They are on so low effort mode these days that they will make one single sad joke daily quest hub, slap a generic nzoth raid on top and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    The neck isn't as big as a deal as I make it out to be?

You're talking about an expansion that has taken away more character progression than it delivered(Read: It delivered none). It also has the most lacklustre and bare bones Class Design ever. I would be surprised if there was even a design team for classes anymore with what we got in BfA.

They couldn't seem to come up with or add anything for an expansion launch but adding active abilities and talents for every single class "isn't a big deal" in a mid expansion patch.

What a compelling argument.
    Didn't add =/= couldn't.

How do you not understand what a joke it is to just toss active abilities at players? There is a reason that every fan made class mock up can put out dozens of them. It isn't hard. Nothing about giving players tons of abilities is hard. It's just a really stupid thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Doesn't matter if Kul'tirans are also humans, they have a different model with different animations. The Horde got the orc (main face of the Horde race) equivalent. The Alliance will get their base human model with the Lightforged Forsaken if they are gonna be implemented. Won't be trading the two factions' most basic models.
    "I don't want Kul Tirans to count as humans even though they are humans and the female is literally just an edited human female model!!!!"
    I mean, okay, but that isn't going to change that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Watch Blizz be like *Sylvanas will lay down her life and her final valkyre to put an end to N'zoth for good*

- - - Updated - - -

You sir..should work for blizz and help them get on schedule. Even a rough schedule would be nice!
    Blizzard has that internally for Sure, but they cant make IT Public, because of they deviate from the Plan ( later release of x) the outcry will be huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    I'm preferring this sub race method over adding completely new races, honestly. It feels like we get more this way. Not to say I wouldn't like completely new races, just that if I had to choose one or the other it would probably be all these sub races.

It doesn't bother me one bit that some of them are just slightly different versions of existing races. I don't see it as lazy because it makes perfect sense and is something people have specifically requested for a long time, like dark iron dwarves.
    Still crossing my fingers for an undead variant! We want straight backs and skin!

Think 8.2 will hit the PTR in March?

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Didn't add =/= couldn't.

How do you not understand what a joke it is to just toss active abilities at players? There is a reason that every fan made class mock up can put out dozens of them. It isn't hard. Nothing about giving players tons of abilities is hard. It's just a really stupid thing to do.

"I don't want Kul Tirans to count as humans even though they are humans and the female is literally just an edited human female model!!!!"
    I mean, okay, but that isn't going to change that they are.
    You obviously refuse to understand what I mean so it's fine. I draw the line here. You ain't getting the base human model which is the super main alliance race model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Thats what I thought about Argus. They are on so low effort mode these days that they will make one single sad joke daily quest hub, slap a generic nzoth raid on top and call it a day.
    People were already whining about demon exhaustion(As in getting tired of the theme or at least here). Besides that wasn't really the story's direction.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I'm curious to how they are going to go about the beta for Classic and 8.2 on the ptr. I doubt they will be up at the same time. My guess is 8.2 will hit the ptr either next week or the week after (probably the week after tbh; maybe even early April) and Classic alpha/beta will be once 8.2 is in the fine tuning stages.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    I think Allied Races as a concept is fantastic, but the execution and the races we got, not so much...
    The silver-lining would've been if they continued at the rate they're going then at least players who felt like "aw my race didn't make this time" could at least go, "it's okay though, another half year and maybe then!" or something to that effort.

But we know they're slowing it down after BFA and it will be a "maybe" case-by-case basis post-BFA. As much as they don't want to call it sub-races, 75% of the released AR are a sub-race variation, only Zandalari and Kul'Tiran aren't exactly matched to existing silhouettes.

After BFA, it'll be back to "who knows when the race you actually want to play will eventually release or not"

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kereberus View Post
    Think 8.2 will hit the PTR in March?
    It's very likely, I would say 80% likely. Blizzard use PTR not only for testing, but also for datamining hype - they even released completely broken 8.1 build back in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It's very likely, I would say 80% likely. Blizzard use PTR not only for testing, but also for datamining hype - they even released completely broken 8.1 build back in September.
    The main competitor is hyping their expansion on the weekend of the 23rd-24th. PTR should come in time for that.

I'm hoping we finally see some Calia stuff happening.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    The main competitor is hyping their expansion on the weekend of the 23rd-24th. PTR should come in time for that.

I'm hoping we finally see some Calia stuff happening.
    That's next weekend thanks for reminding me.

Honestly I can't see how Blizz manages to crash the Fan Fest party unless 8.2 is coming sooner than we think. Have to imagine we're a couple of weeks out from 8.2 showing up.

As for Calia, I don't think we'll see her in 8.2. I think that's gonna focus in hard on Nazjatar and (sadly) Mechagon. Maybe she shows up in 8.2.5 leading into the inevitable Sylvanas betrayal.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    That's next weekend thanks for reminding me.

Honestly I can't see how Blizz manages to crash the Fan Fest party unless 8.2 is coming sooner than we think. Have to imagine we're a couple of weeks out from 8.2 showing up.

As for Calia, I don't think we'll see her in 8.2. I think that's gonna focus in hard on Nazjatar and (sadly) Mechagon. Maybe she shows up in 8.2.5 leading into the inevitable Sylvanas betrayal.
    I'm hoping for a 7.3.5 bis, with 8.3.5 adding 4 allied races: Vulpera, Mechagnomes, Lightforged Undead and another. Long shot, but the sooner the Calia plot thread comes to the fore the higher the chance.

There were those pamphlets in the 8.1.5 files.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=166892/the-would-be-queen
    Last edited by Atticon; 2019-03-15 at 09:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping for a 7.3.5 bis, with 8.3.5 adding 4 allied races: Vulpera, Mechagnomes, Lightforged Undead and another. Long shot, but the sooner the Calia plot thread comes to the fore the higher the chance.

I thought it was planned that Worgen/Goblin remakes come sometime in 8.2.5, so that would coincide with getting the last 4 allied races in 8.3.5?

I am also hoping for Lightforged Undead (and on Alliance to boot)! Need to make up for getting boring-ass mechagnomes if they actually happen.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

That's probably the cadence they're going to end up going with. Maybe early on in the planning process they intended to do two every patch, but I think going forward we'll probably just recruit 4 at the end of each expansion and leave it at that.

Vulpera/Mechagnomes follow us out of KT/Zandalar, and ???/Lightforged Undead follow us out of 8.3.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I thought it was planned that Worgen/Goblin remakes come sometime in 8.2.5, so that would coincide with getting the last 4 allied races in 8.3.5?

I am also hoping for Lightforged Undead (and on Alliance to boot)! Need to make up for getting boring-ass mechagnomes if they actually happen.
    Either would be fine for me, but I very much think that if Lightforged undead happen, they'll be on Horde. The faction conflict seems to be building towards a resolution/peace after ousting Sylvanas, and having Calia as part of a council leading the Forsaken and offering them redemption would work as a bridge.
    Besides Voss there's no non-Sylvanas camp Forsaken left on the Horde side to begin with, after the Desolate Council and now even Zelling were killed off. So they'll most likely bring in Calia, Faol and Derek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Either would be fine for me, but I very much think that if Lightforged undead happen, they'll be on Horde. The faction conflict seems to be building towards a resolution/peace after ousting Sylvanas, and having Calia as part of a council leading the Forsaken and offering them redemption would work as a bridge.
    Besides Voss there's no non-Sylvanas camp Forsaken left on the Horde side to begin with, after the Desolate Council and now even Zelling were killed off. So they'll most likely bring in Calia, Faol and Derek.
    Calia was killed by the Horde Warchief.
    She has nothing to do with the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree. She looks as the Forsaken as her people, no matter what Arthas did to them or Sylvanas to her. And if/when Sylvanas leaves, the Forsaken are going to need a steady leader that they and whomever the next Warchief is for them to remain a part of the Horde. Calia easily fills that role and allows for plenty of new options. Light Undead Allied Race, Undead Paladins, potential piece with the Alliance & Horde...all work great with Calia in charge.
    Last edited by AngerFork; 2019-03-16 at 01:14 AM.