15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    No he's taking a shot at the scaling thing and misrepresenting a bug as intended behavior.

A stats screen is needed.

The game released before it was ready. This doesn't change the fact that it's fun.
    Fun games dont have boycotts to not play for a week lol

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    K. There are still plenty of people playing who have fun.

Apparently they do.

15+ Year Old Account
    Simple question. Have they announced sales and/or player milestones? If not then the game is finished.
    If a game like No Man's sky can do good and grow then Anthem can. It all depends on the commitment the developers can give it to it. So far Bioware and EA have given no indication of pulling the plug.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i remember that apex, re2, kh3, dmc 5 week long boycott. Oh wait, no i dont

People do need to vent... but at the same time the massive rage storm that happened over the past week was wholly inappropriate. Telling a developer to go fuck themselves, or copy/pasting the same message over and over again is awful.
    That does tend to happen when people feel they were scammed. Shown one thing - sold another and somehow during all that dev talk time before release they never thought once to correct themselves on what they downgraded. Pisses people off and anthem isn't the first time gamers have been at this similar rodeo.

Given the state of the game and it's plethora of issues since day one. I've started to be a bit more lenient to those that have a more emotional response to PR spun BS statements in their hopes to placate the scammed customers. I've started to see the justification in letting bioware know exactly how some gamers feel about a game sold in the state anthem is in when we all know good and well bioware knew the shit they were about to sell customers.

I don't have an issue with it these days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If a game like No Man's sky can do good and grow then Anthem can. It all depends on the commitment the developers can give it to it. So far Bioware and EA have given no indication of pulling the plug.
    Oh you mean that game literally nobody cares about anymore? Yikes if anthem has the same fate

Well between the two one of them one has shown they have no problem dumping a massive IP in the trash heap. I wonder which one that is? Also, it's not an apples to apples comparison between Hello Games and Bioware/EA so I am not sure why we are making the comparison in the first place.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh you mean that game literally nobody cares about anymore? Yikes if anthem has the same fate
    Enough people care about it for the developers to turn it into a MMO-style game. I'm not here to debate NMS though. The point still stands that a game isn't dead until the developers call it. That isn't the case yet. Saying otherwise is just pointless. Look how long people have been saying WoW has been dying and yet it is still here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Well between the two one of them one has shown they have no problem dumping a massive IP in the trash heap. I wonder which one that is? Also, it's not an apples to apples comparison between Hello Games and Bioware/EA so I am not sure why we are making the comparison in the first place.
    Because a game doing poorly in reviews and sales doesn't mean the game is dead. Games can be turned around. It matters what type of post launch commitment the developers are willing to provide the game to fix and change things. It has nothing to do with comparing apples to apples. It isn't about the specific games. It doesn't matter that it is EA or Bioware. It doesn't matter that they have pulled support for past failures.

What matters is what they are doing now. And so far they haven't pulled support. Its not dead or dying in the slightest. Games don't need to be perfect to be enjoyable and games can be turned around.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    That does tend to happen when people feel they were scammed. Shown one thing - sold another and somehow during all that dev talk time before release they never thought once to correct themselves on what they downgraded. Pisses people off and anthem isn't the first time gamers have been at this similar rodeo.

Given the state of the game and it's plethora of issues since day one. I've started to be a bit more lenient to those that have a more emotional response to PR spun BS statements in their hopes to placate the scammed customers. I've started to see the justification in letting bioware know exactly how some gamers feel about a game sold in the state anthem is in when we all know good and well bioware knew the shit they were about to sell customers.

I don't have an issue with it these days.
    Well I'm glad I never have to interact with you outside of this forum.

Well I'm glad I never have to interact with you outside of this forum.
    Great minds think alike then.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Sometimes people have to vent when they feel wronged or scammed or any other number of things and they might not have anything better to do so, I say have at it these days. Send their time posting how they want. It's a forum so if they post at all its not all that bad. In this case they know the developers visit some places more than others. Might as well tell them how you feel about the anthem situation and all it's problems. bioware actually reading it must be happening now that I think about it or else we wouldn't have seen the reply from bioware themselves.
    I agree to a point. Venting like this obviously does send a message that the developers need to hear; "We're unhappy with the state of the game." However, once that message is accepted/ obviously received, doing it over and over and over and over and over is pointless. At that point, the dev's know they fucked up, now they need to know what specifically is wrong with it so they can fix it.

Continuing to blast them for shit they already know is a fruitless endeavor and serves no purpose except to satiate some apparent need to be an asshole on a forum.

You ever been in a situation where you are told multiple times about something you need to fix/do/accomplish? And at some point you acknowledge that you need to fix/do/accomplish something? What happens when someone continues to essentially harass you about it? Do you get a little agitated? What do you think would happen if they harassed you WHILE you were fixing/doing/accomplishing the thing they asked you about earlier? I know I'd be pretty pissed.

That's kind of where I feel Anthem is now.

The community obviously needs to continue pointing out the bugs they find, especially ones that haven't been pointed out before or new angles on existing problems. But continuously harassing seems like a self serving asshole-ish thing to do that, as stated in the Anthem post, is counter productive as it pushes the developers away.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    You ever been in a situation where you are told multiple times about something you need to fix/do/accomplish? And at some point you acknowledge that you need to fix/do/accomplish something? What happens when someone continues to essentially harass you about it? Do you get a little agitated? What do you think would happen if they harassed you WHILE you were fixing/doing/accomplishing the thing they asked you about earlier? I know I'd be pretty pissed.
    Usually one major part of owning up is to actually apologize. As long as they keep acting like they acted in good faith, they deserve to be called out in every online forum there is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faldric View Post
    Usually one major part of owning up is to actually apologize. As long as they keep acting like they acted in good faith, they deserve to be called out in every online forum there is.
    You can't expect developers to act with maturity when encourage people to act immature towards developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I agree to a point. Venting like this obviously does send a message that the developers need to hear; "We're unhappy with the state of the game." However, once that message is accepted/ obviously received, doing it over and over and over and over and over is pointless. At that point, the dev's know they fucked up, now they need to know what specifically is wrong with it so they can fix it.
    Everyone gets their chance to vent. It's not regulated to just one person sayibg something for everyone. Everyone gets to say their beef and at this point I have no doubt bioware knows whats wrong with their game. If they are still guessing then anthem has bigger issues than some forums posters being assholes to them.

Continuing to blast them for shit they already know is a fruitless endeavor and serves no purpose except to satiate some apparent need to be an asshole on a forum.
    Or you feel it didn't get heard or seen the first time so you post again. Or better yet, thousands upon thousands of different posters share the same feelings on the same bug filled game and post it individually. Sure, it's a lot of teh same thing but again. Everyone gets to vent and there is purpose in that if nothing but theraputic for feelings like you got scammed and shit on but a company that took your money and sold you a lemon.

That's kind of where I feel Anthem is now.
    We don't sell our products in such a state where it's an issue and when we have a flaw in the design, it's usually a one off or small batch and easily corrected. So it's not the same. However, I'm coming to terms that should we sell someone our product and it's "F"ed up. The person that calls and has their asshole moment I'm starting to see it in a different light. People don't like to spend their money and feel cheated. Thats happening right now in anthem and it's snowballing with bugs and new issues every couple days. Sucks for them but bioware will just have to suck it up because they have pissed off a lot of people after taking their money.

The community obviously needs to continue pointing out the bugs they find, especially ones that haven't been pointed out before or new angles on existing problems. But continuously harassing seems like a self serving asshole-ish thing to do that, as stated in the Anthem post, is counter productive as it pushes the developers away.
    Then the developers can crawl back to whatever cubical they have in my eyes. Might be less information for people to grab onto now that I think about it because the PR spun BS isn't working for them and does little more than make things worse when it feels so dishonest or just corporate jargon.

No sure I could agree more. bioware has to make the first step on that as well, not gamers.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-03-15 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not even talking about the fact that it seems a well placed righteous and dumb outrage is more effective than tons of constructive posts.

Yes, things should not be like this, but unfortunately it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    “Three days and three sleepless nights of spreadsheet writing and testing, not to mention countless loading screens.”

Shit, and some still complain about the feedback, fuck that’s some serious dedication for someone who isn’t getting paid for it, what I don’t understand is how the hell this sort of shit happened, Bioware has been doing RPGs for all this years, how can they mess this hard on something like this?
    Imagine if this guy was getting paid for that? I mean, they should definitely hire a guy with such dedication to the game

- - - Updated - - -

You can't expect developers to act with maturity when encourage people to act immature towards developers.
    You do realize that acting mature towards consumers who act immature is, you know, part of adult life and service providers in general?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I'm not even talking about the fact that it seems a well placed righteous and dumb outrage is more effective than tons of constructive posts.

Yes, things should not be like this, but unfortunately it works.
    dumb outrage makes them look bad, while tons of constructive posts don't, so it doesn't require much thought to realize which will get response quicker
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

https://gamerant.com/anthem-dev-apol...er-experience/

https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/03...4-xbox-origin/

https://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-apol...-major-issues/

.....They have apologized.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You do realize that acting mature towards consumers who act immature is, you know, part of adult life and service providers in general?
    So it is part of adult life but we are encouraging adults to not act that way because the target is <inset current rage target>? Consumers are not free of blame. If you want to stop toxicity it requires both parties to take the first step. Be the better person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    dumb outrage makes them look bad, while tons of constructive posts don't, so it doesn't require much thought to realize which will get response quicker
    Dumb outrage obviously got response quicker and got addressed. You can effectively see it in latest changes.

Constructiveness comes when product is not broken at the core with literal obvious flaws that any looter gamer would spot from a mile a way, which is also a big reason at the outrage because things are so basic and dumb that people are pretty much amazed just how Bioware did not consider this over 6 years, especially with many looter game examples around.

I mean really, take my reddit thread about how removing items is increasing power... what constructiveness you expect from me there? It's outright dumb shit and whoever made that basic mess should feel bad - end of story. It's not some sort of question or deliberations there that call for discussion of design choice - the shit is flat out ridiculous and naturally community said just that in simple words.

And outright Bioware mess ups are not really helping to grow the community - loot bug once, ok happens, pay attention... same bug second time in the row... come on now?
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-03-15 at 08:09 PM.