This game eats all my ram (over 4gb) and i get stuttering after 15 minutes gameplay just like in anthem, gonna try full screen-windowed and some tweaks in nvidia control panel

Edit: my pc easily matches minimum spec, do you think that going down to 1080p from 1440p wil help with memory usage? (even if image quality will be shit)
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2019-03-15 at 05:02 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Couple questions...

1) Would you guys say its better then the first one?

2) What is the current endgame?

3) And does the current endgame have matchmaking?

Considering getting this but I am on the fence about it. Left D1 cause of how much a mess it was and it wasn't fixed sooner enough for me to care.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Can I just say that character creation is physically painful. I guess the Capital Wasteland....I mean....the Washington DC area apparently only has mutants...

I mean...wow. Just....why have sliders at all if all you can make are a bunch of scrunch-faced, beady eyed people? It's disturbing. I know this is a minor issue, since 99% of the time you'll be wearing a helmet, or a mask, or looking at the back of your character. But still...I thought Dark Souls 1 had a bad character creator, but this is...just bad. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Also...I just saw a ghost deer. It popped up in the middle of the street for a half second, then disappeared again. Spooooooky!

And side question: I know there's a perk to increase the range you can see loot, but is there a way to customize the color, or make it stand out more? That orange outline blends in with the background way too easy.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-03-15 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Couple questions...

Considering getting this but I am on the fence about it. Left D1 cause of how much a mess it was and it wasn't fixed sooner enough for me to care.
    1) Yes, by a lot. I thought I'd miss the NY setting, but Washington is amazing.

2) Not there yet, but probably much of the same.

3) Everything has matchmaking, all is fine solo as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Can I just say that character creation is physically painful. I guess the Capital Wasteland....I mean....the Washington DC area apparently only has mutants...

I mean...wow. Just....why have sliders at all if all you can make are a bunch of scrunch-faced, beady eyed people? It's disturbing. I know this is a minor issue, since 99% of the time you'll be wearing a helmet, or a mask, or looking at the back of your character. But still...I thought Dark Souls 1 had a bad character creator, but this is...just bad. LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Also...I just saw a ghost deer. It popped up in the middle of the street for a half second, then disappeared again. Spooooooky!

And side question: I know there's a perk to increase the range you can see loot, but is there a way to customize the color, or make it stand out more? That orange outland blends in with the background way too easy.
    I believe the character creation relies on your random selection from the beginning as well, so make sure you have a half decent character to start with. It's a bizarre choice.

I don't believe you can change the colour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I highly recommend hitting supply drops as soon as possible. I've been getting blues and purples constantly, took this screenshot after my first where i got a machine gun that shreds even elites at my current level and while they can be a bit tough to solo in some locations depending on enemy spawns they are totally worth it compared to stuff like hostage or conflict events that seem to be less xp by at least half and no good rewards for the early game.
    Yeah, I got a really nice M44 Carbine out of a drop that served me well for many levels. Also, the weapon and armor crates at control points respawns every so often (it feels like every 24ish hours or so, maybe a bit more) so check back for more free goodies. The bit orange drop crates do not respawn however.

The character creator is really poorly designed and explained. It gives you like 10 options that you think are presets, but are not. They are just 10 different race-based variations on the same face and then you use sliders to minimally effect them. So if your first set has a giant nose, all the options with have a giant nose. If you hit the randomize, it gives you a completely new set of faces to pick from. But it never explains this either so it just looks like those first section is all you get. Luckily, I was pretty happy with my first character since it looks a lot like my D1 character, but I feel bad for others who didn't know this and got stuck with a character with a giant forehead or squinty eyes.

And side question: I know there's a perk to increase the range you can see loot, but is there a way to customize the color, or make it stand out more? That orange outline blends in with the background way too easy.
    I know there are some color blind options since I was watching Jeff from Giant Bomb play and he had changed something so anything green in the UI showed up as blue, but I have not looked thought the options myself.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2019-03-15 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I believe the character creation relies on your random selection from the beginning as well, so make sure you have a half decent character to start with. It's a bizarre choice..
    Wait...really? That seems....bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    The character creator is really poorly designed and explained. It gives you like 10 options that you think are presets, but are not. They are just 10 different race-based variations on the same face and then you use sliders to minimally effect them. So if your first set has a giant nose, all the options with have a giant nose. If you hit the randomize, it gives you a completely new set of faces to pick from. But it never explains this either so it just looks like those first section is all you get. Luckily, I was pretty happy with my first character since it looks a lot like my D1 character, but I feel bad for others who didn't know this and got stuck with a character with a giant forehead or squinty eyes.
    So....you're telling me I have to hit the randomize button to change the base in order to get a different look? I'm glad I asked, because I'd be pissed it I got several hours in and found this out. Who thought that was a good idea? o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait...really? That seems....bad.

- - - Updated - - -

So....you're telling me I have to hit the randomize button to change the base in order to get a different look? I'm glad I asked, because I'd be pissed it I got several hours in and found this out. Who thought that was a good idea? o_O
    Yeah I don't know why none of these looter shooters can have a good character creator.

Yes it's a minimal issue, but first impressions matter. Plus I want to look cool

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Yeah I don't know why none of these looter shooters can have a good character creator.

Yes it's a minimal issue, but first impressions matter. Plus I want to look cool
    I just tested this, and I don't think you guys are right. I took a screenshot of the face sliders, and hit randomize a bunch. I was able to create the same face with the same sliders every time. Are you guys sure about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just tested this, and I don't think you guys are right. I took a screenshot of the face sliders, and hit randomize a bunch. I was able to create the same face with the same sliders every time. Are you guys sure about this?
    Not 100%, but I'm fairly sure it made a difference for me.

Starting to find weapon skins and skill mods out in chests so thats another thing not vendor specific which is a nice reason to keep looking for chests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to find weapon skins and skill mods out in chests so thats another thing not vendor specific which is a nice reason to keep looking for chests.
    They can also drop key fragments to create a key for the caches.

How's the performance?
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah I found my first weapon skin in a crate around the same level and it was the best color ever, solid purple so I was really happy.

Still cannot figure out skill mods. Every one I have seen has a skill point requirement of 240ish or higher and I think the max I have ever had is 70. For awhile I thought I was doing something wrong but it seems lots of other people online are in the same boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    How's the performance?
    Perfect for me, I'm sure some will have issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Still cannot figure out skill mods. Every one I have seen has a skill point requirement of 240ish or higher and I think the max I have ever had is 70. For awhile I thought I was doing something wrong but it seems lots of other people online are in the same boat.
    This is another weird design choice, when you get to mid 20s, you'll easily meet those requirements. But it's impossible at the level you start getting them.

I just followed a fox for 2 blocks until it ran into a dumpster and disappeared. This game has some crazy detail.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just followed a fox for 2 blocks until it ran into a dumpster and disappeared. This game has some crazy detail.
    Follow a patrol who are out to gather water or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Couple questions...

I am not at the endgame yet, so I can't comment on whether its better than the original in that regard. The leveling process is definitely better though... For example there are a ton of side missions that are far more in depth than any of the side missions in the first game's leveling process.

As far as what is available at endgame, there are:

- Control points (little checkpoints around the map with reward rooms upon clearing and then subsequently holding). Once you reach endgame they get taken over by the fourth faction and they get new difficulty levels (doing little activities around them increases their difficulty); and then the different factions also start fighting over them I believe. After taking them you get access to a supply room with a decent bit of loot.

- Bounties. Similar to the first game in that you spend target intel to go hunt down bosses out in the world.

- Priority target something or other (I forget the name). They are like super bounties, you go after multiple bosses in succession, with them getting harder in difficulty as you move up the hierarchy of the group, with the final boss being especially hard.

- Missions of course, on normal, hard, and challenging difficulty. And then invaded missions as well (the normal enemies of the mission are replaced with the fourth faction).

- Strongholds. Basically super missions. Much longer and more rewarding than typical missions, there are three of them, soon to be four of them. Completing these on the various world tiers unlocks subsequent world tiers, up to world tier four. World tier five is coming soon after launch, along with the fourth stronghold and a new zone I believe.

- Deck of 52. World bosses akin to the light zone bosses of the first game, but much different. They spawn randomly and can even spawn during other activities (like you can be doing a control point and a Deck of 52 boss will wonder into it while you are doing it, for example). One boss per card, each faction is represented by each suit, the higher up the cards go, the more difficult the bosses. After you get them all they start just appearing the world.

- I believe there are projects akin to the ones you do while leveling at endgame, but I don't know what they entail yet. The ones you do while leveling unlock crafting schematics and bounty bosses; they have you do things like donate gear, kill elites from certain factions, do activities in certain zones, etc.

- And speaking of world activities, those as well, including more activities once you reach endgame. Things like elite convoys (supply convoys going between enemy control points, usually with high level/armored enemies, even bosses, reward lots of crafting materials and loot), blockaded settlements, etc., plus all the various activities that existed while leveling.

- There are also a lot of secret bosses and stuff hidden out in the world people have found thus far that reward things like cosmetics and especially masks.

Can't recall if I am missing anything else right now. And then there is PvP stuff, both the competitive mode(s) and Dark Zone... But I can't comment on that stuff, I have no interest in PvP.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2019-03-15 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, I just did a couple of side missions that had more story to them than whole Anthem. Nice job, Massive.

Does anyone else suffer eye-fatigue after playing this game for any length of time? I'm not sure if it's some graphics setting that I need to adjust, or what. I'll try to explain where I think I'm having trouble:

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, seems too crisp. Edges and polygons are all too sharp, and colors are too saturated. This isn't a problem I've had with any other game, so I don't necessarily think it's my monitor settings(although I guess I could adjust that to help). It seems like the way the game is being rendered is....lacking anti-aliasing or something? But I checked that and it's on. It's like there are no shadows on anything either. Everything is perfectly lit, even though I still get god-rays and such when going in and out of buildings. It's like watching a cartoon or something.

It just really feels like the game is missing some kind of smoothing filter on the colors and edges of everything. Am I talking crazy here, or has anyone else noticed this?

Does anyone else suffer eye-fatigue after playing this game for any length of time? I'm not sure if it's some graphics setting that I need to adjust, or what. I'll try to explain where I think I'm having trouble:

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, seems too crisp. Edges and polygons are all too sharp, and colors are too saturated. This isn't a problem I've had with any other game, so I don't necessarily think it's my monitor settings(although I guess I could adjust that to help). It seems like the way the game is being rendered is....lacking anti-aliasing or something? But I checked that and it's on. It's like there are no shadows on anything either. Everything is perfectly lit, even though I still get god-rays and such when going in and out of buildings. It's like watching a cartoon or something.

It just really feels like the game is missing some kind of smoothing filter on the colors and edges of everything. Am I talking crazy here, or has anyone else noticed this?
    Not when I played the open beta. There's pretty extensive graphical customization that should be able to address some/many of those issues depending on your hardware.