Poll: Which potential future Allied Race would you anticipate the most?

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Nathrezim (yeah i know, no chance)

2. Wildhammers

3. Ogres

4. Forest Trolls, Broken, Arakoa, Lost Ones, Nightelf Worgen, Vrykul.

5. Mechagnomes, Naga, San'layn, Mogu, Jinyu, High Lels, Forsaken Lightbound Snowflakes.

999. Vulpera, Sethrak, and other asspulled races should give priority to other, historic races, and wait their turn.
    Last edited by Alex86el; 2019-03-15 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Wildhammer have technically already been added. When dwarves gained the ability to be Shaman, the principle behind that was the Shaman you created was part of the Wildhammer Dwarves. Seeing as they've been friendly with IF and are found in IF, while DI also have Shaman, they weren't particularly friendly at that point. At best neutral.
    Not saying they couldn't do WH Dwarves, but if asked Blizz will likely say "are they not playable already?"
    But, in theory, is was the same when they gave Dwarf Warlock, as it was added thanks to the Dark Iron (Moira) joining the Alliance and teaching others this.

I do think that the WH dwarves could be "added" as just some extra costumization stuff for the normal dwarves (Add more tattoos, and then add a quest that give you a WH inspired armor, done)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    1. Nathrezim (yeah i know, no chance)

2. Wildhammers

3. Ogres

4. Forest Trolls, Broken, Arakoa, Lost Ones, Nightelf Worgen

5. Mechagnomes, Naga, San'layn, Mogu, Jinyu, High Lels, Forsaken Lightbound Snowflakes.

999. Vulpera, Sethrak, and other asspulled races.
    Aren't Lost ones... kind of a big no? I get Broken (they should have been one a long time ago -over Lightforged Draneai-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    They should be eaten, not invited as Allied Race. I would rather have Naga turning into elves than those odd jinyu.
    I like Nagas, but i do understand the details of it (why it may be harder to make, but still they should become one eventually).

Note: In general, i would have liked the general Jinyu to be added to the Alliance, they are already part of the Alliance and have an interesting culture (i do like the waterbending that they do, and with the Kultirans now, they could go really well together)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

Aren't Lost ones... kind of a big no? I get Broken (they should have been one a long time ago -over Lightforged Draneai-)
    Yeah, i suppose you're right.
    They're pretty far gone, lorewise.
    But they'd be cool rogues

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Wildhammer have technically already been added. When dwarves gained the ability to be Shaman, the principle behind that was the Shaman you created was part of the Wildhammer Dwarves. Seeing as they've been friendly with IF and are found in IF, while DI also have Shaman, they weren't particularly friendly at that point. At best neutral.
    Not saying they couldn't do WH Dwarves, but if asked Blizz will likely say "are they not playable already?"
    You could use the same logic to exclude Dark Iron Dwarves though "We gave IF Dwarves Mages and Warlocks and a dark skin tone with red eyes: are they not playable already?"

The best aspect of Allied Races is bringing new race/class combos to the table. Wildhammer Druids would make their addition exciting af.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    You could use the same logic to exclude Dark Iron Dwarves though "We gave IF Dwarves Mages and Warlocks and a dark skin tone with red eyes: are they not playable already?"

The best aspect of Allied Races is bringing new race/class combos to the table. Wildhammer Druids would make their addition exciting af.
    Without new lore to justify a different biology like the split between Dark Iron and the other two, I feel like Wildhammer would be best served as something you get via an unlock chain to add new customization options onto the existing playable Dwarves, like the black eyes on Night Warrior Elves. It's a different in culture yes, but besides the tattoos there's not much different from Bronzebeard and Wildhammers biologically speaking, it'd just be player flavor.

- - - Updated - - -

As for my choice, with Vulpera basically a shoe-in, I do want the model quality jump and playable Sethrak, not for the obvious reasons, well not entirely. A lot of fiction tends to write any kind of reptile people as being evil and savage, Sethrak are very high-men esque in that they're very intelligent and have a culture close to Incan mixed with imperial Egypt, and they ended up sorta losing their way after their god died, I feel like not automatically being predisposed to be evil could make for a fun redemption arc for the race as a whole if the faithless were re-absorbed by the believer faction who then joined the Alliance or Horde.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2019-03-15 at 07:02 PM.

But, in theory, is was the same when they gave Dwarf Warlock, as it was added thanks to the Dark Iron (Moira) joining the Alliance and teaching others this.

I do think that the WH dwarves could be "added" as just some extra costumization stuff for the normal dwarves (Add more tattoos, and then add a quest that give you a WH inspired armor, done)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I like Nagas, but i do understand the details of it (why it may be harder to make, but still they should become one eventually).

Note: In general, i would have liked the general Jinyu to be added to the Alliance, they are already part of the Alliance and have an interesting culture (i do like the waterbending that they do, and with the Kultirans now, they could go really well together)
    Jinyu are ugly fish. Who would even play them!

10+ Year Old Account
    Jinyu are ugly fish. Who would even play them!
    I would, but yeah, they would need some rework, to look more like their artwork.

Note: IMHO they are one the race that look a lot like their artwork, but they would need a little work on their body build, but IMHO, they were one of the better looking races of MoP

Note2: Having in mind that i can never lvl up more than 1 character per expansion, it means i would only play like the first 20 lvls of it :P

Note3: I also agree that there are more interesting race to add (though i do like the idea of Jinyu more for the sake of lore, than anything else)
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2019-03-15 at 08:19 PM.

Its really weird what people like about the Subraces. They are cheap fucking Reskins, they are not new Content. And BFA is still garbage, even if they added 20 more Subraces including Slutty Succubi and Big-Titty Slavegirls. They make look more shiny but Leveling and Endgame is still terrible and no fun at all!

I would, but yeah, they would need some rework, to look more like their artwork.

Note: IMHO they are one the race that look a lot like their artwork, but they would need a little work on their body build, but IMHO, they were one of the better looking races of MoP

Note2: Having in mind that i can never lvl up more than 1 character per expansion, it means i would only play like the first 20 lvls of it :P

Note3: I also agree that there are more interesting race to add (though i do like the idea of Jinyu more for the sake of lore, than anything else)
    Those are bloody wickedy wick lick fish. They look like pond creatures. Silly pond creatures! And they speak as if they have throat diarrhea. Give me Naga, Sethrak, Dracoboys or something akin to that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Those are bloody wickedy wick lick fish. They look like pond creatures. Silly pond creatures! And they speak as if they have throat diarrhea. Give me Naga, Sethrak, Dracoboys or something akin to that!
    I do agree that all the options you gave are quite cool, regardless of my opinion on Jinyu

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Ogre, but the signs all point to Vulpera for Horde and Junker Gnomes for Alliance. They'll most likely come out 8.2.5 or later.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Lightsaken more popular than Sethrak? Did I entered in some alternative dimension or people really has that bad taste?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I do agree that all the options you gave are quite cool, regardless of my opinion on Jinyu
    Eat Jinyu, take Sethrak! Jinyu tasty, good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnemicmustdie View Post
    Naga and vrykul
    And what will the Horde get when Alliance gets two races?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Lightsaken more popular than Sethrak? Did I entered in some alternative dimension or people really has that bad taste?
    It's in people's minds now between Calia and now Derek who will probably be lightforged to get rid of any programming Sylvanas may have snuck in.

I still want Sethrak, but Lightforged UD are getting up there as potentials.

I have to wonder, does the Alliance at any point work enough with the Sethrak, moreso than Horde players and Vulpera...?

Quote Originally Posted by Villentretenmerth View Post
    Its really weird what people like about the Subraces. They are cheap fucking Reskins, they are not new Content. And BFA is still garbage, even if they added 20 more Subraces including Slutty Succubi and Big-Titty Slavegirls. They make look more shiny but Leveling and Endgame is still terrible and no fun at all!
    How fortunate for us all to have you here, telling us what we can and cannot enjoy.

Now go to bed, it's way past bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    It's in people's minds now between Calia and now Derek who will probably be lightforged to get rid of any programming Sylvanas may have snuck in.

I still want Sethrak, but Lightforged UD are getting up there as potentials.
    I mean the model for Derek is probably because the chinese wow can't show the previous forsaken model for Derek but still the lightsaken sounds so dumb that even kids can't take seriously, shinning zombies LOL
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I highly doubt we would get an allied race in 8.2.

8.3 is a much better candidate to put in the new allied races. And I suspect Vulpera (horde) and mechagnomes (alliance) would be a high probability.

I really don't like allied races because I feel they take up development space over things that actually matter. look at the time blizzard wasted on kul tirans & zandalari.
    Which was worthy for both races, also what kind of things do you think they should be looking at?

You can`t have ogre race, coz female ogre dosen`t exist in WoW!