Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the recent changes are annoying. I have a ssd named g: and hard drives named E: and F:. It was defaulting to the beta installation I had on drive E: every time. Even after deleting folder on E it still acts like no game is installed because it looks for E before finding the game on G. It auto switches now which is nice. But I've noticed that it doesn't remember sorting between sessions.

They really did mess up something that wasn't broken. And for those saying its twitch and they are not about addon's. Well it has been part of the app for several games. It is as much of the addon as streaming. The game store and addon's are a part of twitch as anything else.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Updating addons is literally the ONLY reason for me and everyone I know, to have the program installed.

I have well over 100 different addons.. Checking for updates manually is impossible.
    I've been using a little program called WowMatrix for ages for this purpose. The only reason I have the twitch app is that Discord was down for raid one night so we tried to use the Twitch app's voice coms until Discord came back up.

WowMatrix is lightweight (that's literally it's only purpose) and is also very quick to actually fetch updated info. It has hiccups every once in a while, but almost always works perfectly.

SIDENOTE EDIT - I just fired up the twitch client out of curiosity and this is the first time it actually recognized my addons for WoW on the first try. Maybe it's just anecdotal, but I've always had problems when I tried to use the client for updated my addons. That said, I still have no intentions of using it for this purpose. I'll just keep it around for those emergency scenarios where Discord is mysteriously down for some reason.
    Last edited by Neuroticaine; 2019-03-12 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    Twitch app's voice coms
    Twitch actually recently removed its voice feature entirely. Whatever server you guys had up is gone.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I've been using a little program called WowMatrix for ages for this purpose. The only reason I have the twitch app is that Discord was down for raid one night so we tried to use the Twitch app's voice coms until Discord came back up.

WowMatrix is lightweight (that's literally it's only purpose) and is also very quick to actually fetch updated info. It has hiccups every once in a while, but almost always works perfectly.

SIDENOTE EDIT - I just fired up the twitch client out of curiosity and this is the first time it actually recognized my addons for WoW on the first try. Maybe it's just anecdotal, but I've always had problems when I tried to use the client for updated my addons. That said, I still have no intentions of using it for this purpose. I'll just keep it around for those emergency scenarios where Discord is mysteriously down for some reason.
    Didn't WoWMatrix die some 8 years ago?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

You know what, I take it back. The new update doesn't work as well. Sometimes it fails to load my mods at all and I have to restart it. Poorly written software.

Whilst I'm not 100 % sure the add-on library of Minion is as extensive as Twitch's, I highly recommend this lightweight, user friendly addon management program.

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before.

https://minion.mmoui.com/

The app. is just terrible now. It worked just fine for years.

10+ Year Old Account
    To all of you saying, adapt, be glad its free, it's only two clicks.

I used to pay for Curse premium to update everything in a single click and i would gladly pay again, however this is just advertisement that's in your face where the addon part has become an afterthought. The client was bought to promote twitch and its streamers, both things that i care very little for. Their client struggles with being functional for what it originally intended to do. Adding games doesn't always work and same goes with installing addons.

If there's an alternative i would most likely swap, if there is a way to block all streams in the client i would most likely do it.

Also there is an option to set addons as the first page on launch. Doesn't get rid of all the other issues but at least there's that. Means i don't have to look at some attention whore every time i open up the client.
    Last edited by Acidbaron; 2019-03-14 at 01:53 PM.

I block all the ads so I don't care about that. You can set it to go to mods when it opens, but the old version used to go to WoW addons specifically, which saved a click. Slightly annoying but again, not a big deal.

What is a big deal is how it just plain doesn't work half the time.

@Acidbaron @Schizoide. Thanks. On topic of broken; yes I have noticed some issues since last update, its not....smooth.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    If you are using it only to update addons - grab an addonupdater or something like that from github, or make your own
    This? https://github.com/AcidWeb/CurseBreaker

All others I found on Google were dead and documentation is non-existent, but it looks promising.
    Last edited by tordenflesk; 2019-03-14 at 09:43 PM.

Yes, it's really annoying. Not only does is not start in the mod tab, it also starts in the featured tab and most annoyingly had those videos in autoplay (that seems to have changed in the last days, though). And sometimes it does not find my wow and/or updates anymore.

I get it that the service costs money to maintain and as a company they want to earn money and we can just be happy that they even offer that service, but I am really close to deinstalling it. Then I just script it to simply download my installed addons, ignoring if I already have the latest addon version.

I stopped using wowmatrix many years ago when my wow account was hacked via some malware that was in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Yes, it's really annoying. Not only does is not start in the mod tab,
    You can configure it to startup in the mods tab in the preferences. It will not start in WoW mods, but you just need to click on WoW and you're there.

Not finding WoW and updating addons though, that's a real problem as that is what nearly every single user of this application uses it for. The update sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Updating addons is literally the ONLY reason for me and everyone I know, to have the program installed.

I have well over 100 different addons.. Checking for updates manually is impossible.
    So *your* main purpose of the app is supposed to be everyone's main purpose for the app? Narcissistic much?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess my twitch app is bugged. I went to settings and told it to open straight to mods when i launch the app and set the max number of simultaneous downloads to max.

Now, for some reason, it opens straight to mods and when i click "update all", it starts updating everything at the same time. Definitely broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    So *your* main purpose of the app is supposed to be everyone's main purpose for the app? Narcissistic much?

- - - Updated - - -

I guess my twitch app is bugged. I went to settings and told it to open straight to mods when i launch the app and set the max number of simultaneous downloads to max.

Now, for some reason, it opens straight to mods and when i click "update all", it starts updating everything at the same time. Definitely broken.
    It was THE ONLY purpose of the program, before Twitch bought it, and should have remained the primary focus, even though a lot of useless features were added... Nothing have really changed, with latest update.

Except it's horrible now.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

Quote Originally Posted by Rastov View Post
    Whilst I'm not 100 % sure the add-on library of Minion is as extensive as Twitch's, I highly recommend this lightweight, user friendly addon management program.

I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before.

https://minion.mmoui.com/
    This ^ here go there. click.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL

Now Twich have dumped my setup and says I doesn't have WoW installed, even when I scan for it...

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You can configure it to startup in the mods tab in the preferences. It will not start in WoW mods, but you just need to click on WoW and you're there.
    There is a second setting where you can configure which game it should show, so you can configure it to directly show WoW mods after the start.

What I'm missing right now is:

• A way to show the addon list in a more compact way (to have more addons visible at the same time)
    • A "Release type" column so I can quickly check that setting for all of my addons.

I was just coming here to say that, I think they must be listening-- that option wasn't there before, unless I somehow missed it.

And yes, I miss the option to sort by the other columns and to select custom columns. Not a big deal, but the previous version had it.