Thread: Question

Question

How is it possible for a character name to be reported "multiple times" when I was only in game on it for a grand total of 10 seconds before they disconnect and force a rename on it? Seriously, I made a Kul'Tiran, got the go to Stormwind quest, was barely out of the Harbor Master's office and boom, DC, forced rename. Also, the offending character name was "Fatboislim".

Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    How is it possible for a character name to be reported "multiple times" when I was only in game on it for a grand total of 10 seconds before they disconnect and force a rename on it? Seriously, I made a Kul'Tiran, got the go to Stormwind quest, was barely out of the Harbor Master's office and boom, DC, forced rename. Also, the offending character name was "Fatboislim".
    Because there's more than one player in Boralus?

At this point i'm not even sure who's more of a pussyboy, whoever reports names like that or the actual blizzard employee who reviews those reports and makes a decision to force a rename

Seems pretty petty for someone to report that name

If enough people report it, your name will be changed automatically. A GM doesn't have to review a name that's been reported 19 times in the last 60 seconds.

You can appeal this of course.
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Because there's more than one player in Boralus?
    There's usually quite a lot of them, in fact

10+ Year Old Account
    i reported a name called "urafukboi" or something a long those names only because the dude was , in fact , a douche bag (flaming in chat non-stop, whisper spam) so i thought it would be a more kick in the gut to report his name instead of getting him banned and returning under the same name

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    i reported a name called "urafukboi" or something a long those names only because the dude was , in fact , a douche bag (flaming in chat non-stop, whisper spam) so i thought it would be a more kick in the gut to report his name instead of getting him banned and returning under the same name
    That player should be banned solely for the fact that "fuccboi" is obviously the correct spelling.

Come on, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Pretty uninspiring and unimaginative name, so you probably got reported by multiple people as soon as you entered the game.
    And what would you name a Kul'tiran?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillside View Post
    At this point i'm not even sure who's more of a pussyboy, whoever reports names like that or the actual blizzard employee who reviews those reports and makes a decision to force a rename
    It doesn't get reviewed by a blizzard employee. The report name function is completely automated where you get force renamed if enough people report you.

You came up with a stupid-ass name and enough people reacted and reported for it to be a swift process.

Got the names Gwynnë and Gerhardt reserved on the server I'm rolling KT on.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-03-17 at 02:37 AM.

I named mine Anchorboi, obviously

7+ Year Old Account
    Something better and more imaginative than Fatboislim? (The "boi" spelling just makes it even more annoying than it already is.) Consider a Kul Tiran druid named "Summerisle" (google The Wicker Man, if you must. Not the stupid Nicolas Cage remake, either.) As hilariously obvious as it is, at least it's better than Fatboislim.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadrienne View Post
    Something better and more imaginative than Fatboislim? (The "boi" spelling just makes it even more annoying than it already is.)

This. I can see people insta-reporting just because "boi" is gay, and so 20 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pointless threads get closed.

Closed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."