Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    No, Classic is not for everyone and Blizzard acknowledged that. "casuals" have retail for their no-thought instant-gratification no-socialization action game.
    Honestly I think that the reason why some "hardcore" (read: people who play a lot but are still mid of the pack players) are so mad at current wow is that there is no gratification anymore since everybody gets everything. Those people gonna love Vanilla though because gratification comes from time spent instead of being a good player. But you are correct, classic is not for everyone because they are completely different games:
    - Retail endgame content is way more difficult than it is in vanilla, but everything else in the game is way easier.
    - Vanilla takes way more time to be able to clear all content, slow paced compared to the action-mmo that wow is now.
    - No personal relations outside of your guild in current wow, however I am afraid that the Vanilla community won't be the same as it was back then because of so many 3rd party programs that help you communicate and group up easier.

I bet that most of the people, especially the ones who ask for Vanilla servers will go back on their private servers with 400% xp because
    what is going to kill the buzz its slow leveling and no mount before level 40, people are gonna say, I aint no time for this shit

You clearly didn't play WoW when it's released. WoW came to be because Blizz tried to make the most casual-friendly non-punishing MMOs on the market, no delvling, no drops from chars, no punishment whatsoever.

It's so absurd back then, that WoW players were ridiculed by the rest of MMORPG community, calling people WoW-kids was a thing.

So obviously casuals will have their own reasons to play and keep playing Classic WoW. It's a game that's designed primarily for them.

I would argue that Vanilla is more casual-friendly than current WoW, depending on what you're looking to do.

People forget that leveling and exploring the world in Vanilla is an experience, not an obstacle. Dungeons are easily accessible to casual players and feel very rewarding (much more so than any current LFR). Even leveling a profession feels like you're advancing your character. Getting even a green-quality upgrade from a quest leaves you more satisfied than a raid drop that didnt titanforge.

I get that casuals will never get to step into Naxx... but they wouldn't be going into mythic Dazar'alor either.

I honestly think all the negatives you listed are massive positives (and mostly the reasons Classic is happening in the first place).

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Sorry, this is my last thread but i would love to hear your opinion on this.

Do you think Classic will make any casuals stay longterm?
    This environment is too hardcore and hard for them...
    Could you please give a list of reasons why you think Classic will make Casuals stay. (i cant think of any reason atm)

Reasons for Casuals to Quit Classic WoW
    -Slow leveling
    -No Quest Helper (the casual needs to at least know how to download an addon)
    -No LFD
    -No LFR
    -No LFG
    -No epic quality gear unless he/she finds a Guild
    -No PvP scaling (will get owned by overgeared players)
    -No mount until lvl 40
    -Lack of Gold (requires time and effort)
    -Quests that ask you to travel around entire Azeroth (time consuming)
    -50 gold to respec talents
    -No Transmog

Reasons for Casuals to Stay in Classic WoW
    -Farm Tier 0 and later Tier 0.5
    - (...)

-------

I thank God we wont have any of this in Classic.
    Im just asking if you think Classic will have any casuals and if you think there will be some consequences about this.
    Casual does not mean retarded and brain damaged.

The only thing casuals may not be able to do is raid Naxx, BWL AQ40 due to the time investment required. All other raids are perfectly puggable. They can also do everything else that's not those raids.

And also, they may even love all of those QoL gone.
    Warlock soloing https://www.youtube.com/user/Firedemon012 (old & abandoned)

I don't think so, people now like easy goals (loot, end-game...etc) so Classic is not really suited to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    Casual does not mean retarded and brain damaged.

The only thing casuals may not be able to do is raid Naxx, BWL AQ40 due to the time investment required. All other raids are perfectly puggable. They can also do everything else that's not those raids.

And also, they may even love all of those QoL gone.
    This was the case in vanilla. The playerbase is better now than then as a whole. pug groups could get further.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the "hardcore" players are going to get burned out faster than the casual players because they'll zip through all the content and get bored.

Meanwhile I'll be taking my time and probably still questing in Desolace or somewhere with plenty of stuff left to do.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-03-17 at 01:28 AM.

Vanilla is pretty enjoyable for casuals so I don't believe you have any idea what you're talking about OP

Some people like that leveling will take months at a casual pace. And vanilla dungeons are far more satisfying end game content then modern dungeons. Its entirely possible to do ZG/AQ20 and world bosses as a casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthislzon View Post
    While i do hope for the very best experience classic wow can offer, i really doubt it can do well in the current time. Remember that, for all the "grind" you had to do, WoW was launched as a CASUAL game, with VERY LITTLE effort required compared for what was considered normal.
    That's exactly what made it stand out though - video games are supposed to be fun. For sane people doing quests and progressing from zone to zone is far more fun than grinding vorpal bunnies of various levels for hundreds of hours, or sitting around with your thumb up your butt waiting for a rare spawn that you have maybe a 5% chance of tagging vs all the other people camping it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    Sorry, this is my last thread but i would love to hear your opinion on this.

Do you think Classic will make any casuals stay longterm?
    This environment is too hardcore and hard for them...
    Could you please give a list of reasons why you think Classic will make Casuals stay. (i cant think of any reason atm)

Reasons for Casuals to Quit Classic WoW
    -Slow leveling
    -No Quest Helper (the casual needs to at least know how to download an addon)
    -No LFD
    -No LFR
    -No LFG
    -No epic quality gear unless he/she finds a Guild
    -No PvP scaling (will get owned by overgeared players)
    -No mount until lvl 40
    -Lack of Gold (requires time and effort)
    -Quests that ask you to travel around entire Azeroth (time consuming)
    -50 gold to respec talents
    -No Transmog

Reasons for Casuals to Stay in Classic WoW
    -Farm Tier 0 and later Tier 0.5
    - (...)

-------

I thank God we wont have any of this in Classic.
    Im just asking if you think Classic will have any casuals and if you think there will be some consequences about this.
    Nope zero reasons to stay and im Casual.

Yes, roleplaying. Also the slow-levelling and social (guild chat) crowd. Don't underestimate it.

Playing vanilla wow is similar to playing an RPG but on a high difficulty - those who like a challenge will probably enjoy vanilla.

I have been a casual wow player for the last several years but going through vanilla again is something i am very much looking forward to.

I am not sure will i aim for raiding but vanilla questing, exploring the world, battlegrounds, world pvp, dungeons and professions are definitely something i want to relive.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    You clearly didn't play WoW when it's released. WoW came to be because Blizz tried to make the most casual-friendly non-punishing MMOs on the market, no delvling, no drops from chars, no punishment whatsoever.

It's so absurd back then, that WoW players were ridiculed by the rest of MMORPG community, calling people WoW-kids was a thing.

So obviously casuals will have their own reasons to play and keep playing Classic WoW. It's a game that's designed primarily for them.
    Thats implying that there aren't better alternatives for that crowd now.

Also WoW had a certain mystery to it, which is no longer the case.

Your argument only makes sense for a decade ago.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

The only reason to play it at all is to gather transmog items and mounts that they removed for the real game. Unfortunately, the mounts were already gone by the patch they're using, and they've adamantly said they're not allowing anything to transfer over. So fuck Classic.

I still love all the little tweens-without-credit-cards and banned players who claimed they wanted this all along in order to rationalize playing on illegal servers, but in truth it was because the vast majority of them either have a mom that wouldn't let them have a paid account, and/or they got their asses banned.

That said, the only reason Blizzard is putting it out is so they can sue the hell out of all the illegal servers and shut them down once and for all. Before, it could be rationalized in court that they weren't doing any real financial damage to Blizzard, but now they will be, and bye-bye illegal servers.
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2019-03-16 at 04:20 PM.

I was a casual in Vanilla. Part of me kinda wants to do it again as I'm certain no elitists are going to be arsed enough on the Vanilla servers to fish up stonescale eels for potions. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    The only reason to play it at all is to gather transmog items and mounts that they removed for the real game. Unfortunately, the mounts were already gone by the patch they're using, and they've adamantly said they're not allowing anything to transfer over. So fuck Classic.

I still love all the little tweens-without-credit-cards and banned players who claimed they wanted this all along in order to rationalize playing on illegal servers, but in truth it was because the vast majority of them either have a mom that wouldn't let them have a paid account, and/or they got their asses banned.

That said, the only reason Blizzard is putting it out is so they can sue the hell out of all the illegal servers and shut them down once and for all. Before, it could be rationalized in court that they weren't doing any real financial damage to Blizzard, but now they will be, and bye-bye illegal servers.
    A lot of people have a skewed vision of classic due to either
    1. Hugely dishonest youtubers (like Preach)
    or
    2. private servers which are buggy and/or full of QOL changes making it a poor imitation of vanilla. No private server has been full vanilla, there is always stuff in place making it easier in ways.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2019-03-16 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Yes, roleplaying. Also the slow-levelling and social (guild chat) crowd. Don't underestimate it.
    shit ain't going to be "slow leveling" on vanilla servers. It was only "Slow leveling" back in the day when nobody knew jack-spit what was out there or where to go for leveling.

Now, you're going to enter the game not-fresh... you and everybody else will know Elwynn Forrest through Feralas like the back of their hand the moment you start your character.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    A lot of people have a scewed vision of classic due to either
    1. Hugely dishonest youtubers (like Preach)
    or
    2. private servers which are buggy and/or full of QOL changes making it a poor imitation of vanilla. No private server has been full vanilla, there is always stuff in place making it easier in ways.
    Not to mention... Private servers were free. :P

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    shit ain't going to be "slow leveling" on vanilla servers. It was only "Slow leveling" back in the day when nobody knew jack-spit what was out there or where to go for leveling.

Now, you're going to enter the game not-fresh... you and everybody else will know Elwynn Forrest through Feralas like the back of their hand the moment you start your character.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention... Private servers were free. :P
    Also forgot to mention that vanilla wasnt really "hard". Hard implies you can overcome something through skill.

It was tedious.

OP seems to miss the appeal of vanilla by a mile.

You could spend months, even years, on vanilla, just enjoying the journey. Leveling, exploring, working on your professions, running your dungeons, collecting your gear and never stepping a foot inside a raid.

I'm excited out of my mind to relive those days.